Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

esco2014

Feb 14, 2014
alpmaster007 said:
Douk said:
Can anyone tell me the name of this one...

You play as a star with legs and if I remember correctly his hands were floating limbs so he could reach quite far. It was on Sega Genesis, ahh the memories. Also this game with a circle fellow (literally a red circle) with shades doing things.

Plus this (either n64 or SNES don't remember) game about a bear or something, it reminded me of the honeynut cereal bear but it probably wasn't. If it was for N64 I remember it having an unusually large cartridge, so it was probably for SNES.
Could it be Banjo Kazooie?
Ristar on genesis?

esco2014

Feb 14, 2014
Doomgriever said:
First Encounter Assault Recon said:
I remember it was a gameplay trailer, or more it felt like a technological demo, showing off an engine without any HUD (ammo, health etc). I think I saw it between years 2006-2007. It was a First Person Shooter set in some sandy town which felt like Egypt, Turkey or Iraq, the place where it was happening looked like this - http://bit.ly/1btublC ... you know this kind of a building structure, I also remember that there was a little sandstorm going through that place, enemies were all over the place - on roofs, on balconies, in alleys, enemies were also wearing this on head - http://bit.ly/1d1D1xO ... person which you controlled could lean over objects, was holding and shooting from a weapon which looked like FN-FAL - http://bit.ly/1cvMngh or HK21 - http://bit.ly/1hL3YaZ ... at least I think, and in a background was playing some kind of an orchestral Arabian/Turkish felt-like music. I don't even know if that game was released or cancelled, or if it was just some kind of a technological demo, and I also don't know for what platforms it was made for. Can't remember more.

I won't give up posting 'til someone knows a name of this game.

COME. ON. ALREADY!
Did it look like this? ( http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/tr-military-shooter-02.jpg )

If so it's a tech demo that Terminal Reality did, (it later became Ghostbusters, so the game doesn't exist)

I don't have a name for the project, so i can't find the actual teaser/trailer.

( http://www.unseen64.net/2009/08/01/tr-military-shooter-xbox-proto-demo/ )

Black for PS2?

Louis Dobson

Feb 19, 2014
Hello everyone!

I played this game a long time ago which of course, I can't remember the name of it. I have little details that I can remember though. So the main bits I can remember were that it was an old side scrolling game (Most likely a PS1 game) where you were fighting off bosses such as the first one being an evil tree of some sort, where you would be walking on his roots and he would throw these little orange/maybe red spikes at you. Another boss I can remember was a big evil moon. With the two main characters, I can only remember them being 2 male heroes saving a female as their main goal. You would collect power ups along the game and at some point, you would get to certain levels where you would be in some soft of spaces ship (One for each of the main characters) and you would shoot out at the on-coming enemy's. That's literally all I can remember. This of course doesn't mean my information is correct, because I am going off of my memory as a child playing this game.

Hope you can help me, as I've been trying to find it for a few hours now. Thanks for reading!

Kerithlan

Feb 19, 2014
Greetings,

I have been searching for the name of a game that I played when I was a child. I've been searching for about five years without any luck, so hopefully someone here knows what I'm talking about.

My memory is hazy, but here's what I know and what my family members remember:

- It took place inside of some sort of castle or dungeon
- Dragons were involved
- The player needed to learn passwords in order to access certain areas and progress
- When asked for action input, the screen read, "How now, Inspector?"
- The game had you assume the role of the protagonist/inspector
- I'm not 100% on this one, but I'm pretty sure that the title splash was a big red dragon

Additionally, there was limited graphical interfacing. It played like a text adventure, but had a black background and used mostly white, red and brown tones to produce limited graphics. There was no mouse.

This game was played on a Tandy computer around 1995-1997, and required entering DOS Shell in order to be launched. If anyone knows what it might be, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Feb 19, 2014
Ok it's been driving me crazy... We used to ditch school and my friend and I would play this game... I think sega but maybe Nintendo 64 ish... You flew a aircraft (jet) or something like that you could pick. And would shoot things you got all types of cool weapons and the one I remember the most was one that spun and shot out like 3 things at once. But you just kept upgrading your ship and weapons and stuff. It was super fun!! Any help would so awesome!! Thank you!!!

Feb 19, 2014
BioSkunkBob said:
Cyber_Demon said:
BioSkunkBob said:
Hey, I've been going mad trying to think of this game for a while now. It was a 3D third person pc game i only had the demo from a Pc Gamer Magazine, I can remember the graphics being quite good and looked quite realistic at the time. You wake up in a Dungeon/Cell and you're a Knight (or i think there were other characters like a dwarf) when you leave the cell you walk round a corner and there were little goblins/creatures sat around a camp fire. I know you had to walk around picking up pieces of cheese and ham for health. I'm afraid this is all me and my brother can remember :( i hope this sounds familiar to someone but it seems like a bit of a long shot. But thanks all the same :)
Could it be Crusaders of Might and Magic?

Nah its not that, Thank you though :)

Could it be Baulders gate?

ViniWood

Feb 19, 2014
Hello guys, I've played a game when I was a child, It was, I think a RTS game about Vikings, one stage that I remember it was like some dwarfs with a boat full of gold it was like Age of Empires, I used to cut some trees, take the gold in the boat and etc.

Could you help me guys?! Thanks so much!

PS: It was a PC game ;)

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
ViniWood said:
Hello guys, I've played a game when I was a child, It was, I think a RTS game about Vikings, one stage that I remember it was like some dwarfs with a boat full of gold it was like Age of Empires, I used to cut some trees, take the gold in the boat and etc.

Here's a list of Viking games ( http://www.giantbomb.com/viking/3015-1543/games/ )

Felstaff

Sep 19, 2011
Dragonix80 said:
[http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Dragonix80/media/old_game_zps78c22987.jpg.html]
Not a bad drawing if you ask me. I knew it was the game over screen for Stellar 7 as soon as I saw that picture.

thepro200 said:
- Probably on windows 95, around 1990-2000
- 4x4 red jeep you drive
- i believe it was racing against cpu
- you raced down a huge mountain and most of the times the terrain included a lot of drops
- side view camera, not behind the car
- 3d
Aside from the decade, it sounds a lot like Monster Truck Challenge/Nitro

ViniWood

Feb 19, 2014
Doomgriever said:
ViniWood said:

Here's a list of Viking games ( http://www.giantbomb.com/viking/3015-1543/games/ )
Thanks so much, I found it. It was the game Cultures ;)

domino2407

Feb 19, 2014
Hello everyone

I have been looking for a game, for over 2 days now, no luck in finding it.
I can barley remember what is in it. But what i remember is this...

- you used and anti aircraft gun to shoot planes and paratroopers.
- one of the missions was in a village
-the other in a city and you fired at what looked like dc3( paratrooper version ) or possibly a german plane
-it had decent graphics
- it was world war 2
- i had the demo( i think)
- it was on PC
Cant remember much more. I played it sometime between 2005-2008. The only thing i found on google was a screenshot from "Frontline Commando D-Day" its an AA gun aimimg at planes. I can remember that exact screenshot being in the game. But i couldnt find if it was rebuilt, or anything more about. Really hope some of you know what it is, lookimg forward to see if anyone knows this game and will share their information with me.

SensDornam

Feb 10, 2014
Felstaff said:
Arrow Flash was very anime in design, but not quite like the game you describe. There were over 50 shmups on the MegaDrive, (with Thunder Force II|III|IV, Sol-Deace, and Zero Wing being the most popular) - it's probably in this list here:

Wow, thanks for replying, you're amazing. Sadly, it's none of them. And I feel like I'm going crazy. I googled all possible lists, watched a number of youtube videos and the game isn't there - I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm starting to think the cartridge was a "pirated" version of a Japanese game. No other explanation as to why it is so obscure to the general audience.
Still, thanks for the trouble, man. Appreciated.

SensDornam

Feb 10, 2014
Makatas Nesakysiu said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuO-s1kugLs#t=100

Someone knows game at 1:40?
If you read the "About" section under the video, the uploader states where you can find the full list of games. I did some looking at the link they provided (since I suck at remembering old PC games), and it's Heroes of Might and Magic III, as seen here: http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/3/3451290/video-the-evolution-of-pc-games

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
irem said:
Hi everyone,

One pc game I am trying to remember.. It is killing me! Probably between 92-98

It was like a trivia game. First you had to choose a character. They were usually weird colorful creatures. You could play with your friend or with a computer. Than the computer would generate very funny questions, one by one. The answers were usually multiple choice. Sometimes they were open ended.

Each question was introduced with a funny cartoon/animation representing that number. For example for one number there would be an animation of a girl sitting on a dentists chair and from inside her mouth would appear a number. Or, there would be a poop shaped like number 8 :)

Between some questions there would be some funny, fake commercials.. Again like animation.

At the end of the game there was a last section where a question would be asked and some words would come up to the screen as if flying freely in the space, coming closer to the screen where the player must hit the space button if that word was representing one of the right answers. For example: "names of some candies" would be the question.. M&M being one of the right answer but "iphone" not.

You would collect money or point throughout the game.

That's all I remember. It was a very funny and colorful game

Thanks!
You Don't Know Jack series

Feb 19, 2014
cloroxbb said:
Robyn Spoonhour Burns said:
Ok it's been driving me crazy... We used to ditch school and my friend and I would play this game... I think sega but maybe Nintendo 64 ish... You flew a aircraft (jet) or something like that you could pick. And would shoot things you got all types of cool weapons and the one I remember the most was one that spun and shot out like 3 things at once. But you just kept upgrading your ship and weapons and stuff. It was super fun!! Any help would so awesome!! Thank you!!!
R-Type
Gradius
Life Force
Biohazard Battle

Pretty much look up Schmups for those two systems, and you are bound to find it...

You are the best!! I am so excited thank you!!!

Doomgriever

Jul 15, 2013
SensDornam said:
Makatas Nesakysiu said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuO-s1kugLs#t=100

Someone knows game at 1:40?
If you read the "About" section under the video, the uploader states where you can find the full list of games. I did some looking at the link they provided (since I suck at remembering old PC games), and it's Heroes of Might and Magic III, as seen here: http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/3/3451290/video-the-evolution-of-pc-games
( Being one of my favorite games ever, that is Heroes Of Might And Magic 2, not 3 :) )

But I guess OP meant the Diablo game either way.

darklee16

Oct 26, 2012
I could use help finding a game I played when I was a kid. it came as a demo for my pc from one of the magazines and it was some were between 1995 and 2002. this game was an rts set in the future with sci fi content you can build bridges, gun towers rocket towers and a power station. on top of that if done right the power station if near a tower will give the towers the ability to form a shield around the base assuming you built towers to go around your base. the recon units were from what I can remember were like armored 2 wheels fast moving vehicles. and most of the infantry units were in armored suits. when ever a unit was selected they would talk so I don't know if that would help any the graphics were similar to age of empires 2. it would be awesome if you guys could help me out I've been searcing for 5 years now and I'm now asking for help