Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

laggingdatout

Jun 1, 2015
please can anyone help me?

there is this one game I remember for the PS1 or PS2, it's an RPG game where you play as a car. I know there where long motorways to drive along, many towns and many areas in a large open world. I think you upgraded your car by racing, completing challenges and talking to other cars, the graphics are cartoony as well. The game might be Choro-Q or pennyracers or a similar game, but im not to sure. please can anyone tell me some other game it might be or if it is one of these.

Many thanks.

Tremor24

May 29, 2015
diablo rules said:
Tremor24 said:
Tremor24 said:
I played this tank game a few years ago, i don't remember it's name and i'd like to play it again. I can only give a description of the first level...
In the beginning you are a tank in an area that is surrounded by big red stone walls and the ground is dirt (or sand), and you have to kill enemy tanks, then you can go through a stone bridge above this previous part. In the next part there is a big gate that opens, and if i remember correctly there were some sort of lasers pointing at you when you went through. And in the distance there were small buildings, and on top there were tanks firing at you.
I think it was a GameStar CD that had this game, but maybe it was a Black demo CD with red writings that had a lot of games on it. If anyone knows this game i would really appreciate a name.
Far from sure..but try

Recoil (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9CBPfJbqW4
Omg, yes this is it! Thank you so much, i thought i would never see this game again! :D

Rokodio

May 25, 2015
Well,Since I've lost hope on the other game I've asked about,I'll ask about another one.

It was like the Mafia games for one.
The cinematic showed like the protagonist's father being shot or something,to set up the story and motive I guess.
The last thing I remember was a mechanic that had you smashing up stores to scare the owners into doing something.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jc Zayas Tulier

Jun 4, 2015
Hey guys this may be a long shot but there was this pc game i once played when i was like 7 years old ( 21 now ) back in the 90s that was a RPG first person tyle game where i remember you could choose either a warrior or a wizard and you started in front of an old temple in a snowy terrain im guessing mountains and inside the temple were reaper like creatures and the fighting mechanics were very similar to elder scrolls. I just cant seem to get the damn name for the game and i think it came out between 1995-1998

Vincent Rubinetti

Jun 4, 2015
Grayson Stade said:
So, um..I have a few weird, old DOS games on my mind. I haven't seen a shred of information anywhere online about them, and I found this site so I figured I'd give it a shot.

1. There is a monkey/gorilla and he plays drums. I really just remember you click on instruments and stuff.
2. There is a weird petshop with a bunch of birdlike animals with different physical traits, and you have to pick one out based on what the customer wants or something like that.
3. There are different shapes and spheres that make noise when you click them or when they hit the walls or something and you just paste them on the screen and choose how they move and stuff.

All of these games were for kids, I remember. Just missing some of these memories. Please someone help me?
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, I've been trying to figure out this game for YEARS. All those three things were actually from the same game. Sort of a Kid Pix type thing, or an "educational" game with several mini-games. The spheres/balls I remember vividly. The background could have different gradients between a color and black, and the darker the spot the ball was on, the further back the ball was and the smaller it got. Any idea what company made it? The Learning Company? Davidson? It had the monkey/gorilla/orangutan on the cover.

HelpMe

Jun 4, 2015
Hello everybody,

I remember an internet flash game from many years ago (maybe close to ten years) in which you play as a pill that is swallowed by a guy to fight germs and the point of the game was to hop around through a series of areas inside the guy's body (the mouth, I think the lungs, and a few others) and kill germs by absorbing them. In the lower-right of the screen was a picture of the guy's face that indicates his age and health level. If you let germs take over too much his face becomes more and more unhealthy looking until he eventually dies. There's no end to the game if I remember correctly; you just keep him alive as long as you can. If you die, you have two or three more pills to play as until you get game over.

So does anybody know the name of the game I'm talking about?

HelpMe

Jun 4, 2015
Rokodio said:
Well,Since I've lost hope on the other game I've asked about,I'll ask about another one.

It was like the Mafia games for one.
The cinematic showed like the protagonist's father being shot or something,to set up the story and motive I guess.
The last thing I remember was a mechanic that had you smashing up stores to scare the owners into doing something.
Any help would be appreciated.
That sounds exactly like The Godfather: The Game from 2006.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Asked this on Reddit, but haven't gotten a good answer yet, so I'm gonna ask here too. I played a demo of this game way back, I want to say somewhere around 2000-2005, totally forgot about it until I saw the Steam page for FarSky or Subnautica or something that reminded me of it.

- Player controlled a submarine searching for/mining these orange crystals on the seabed
- There was some kind of seabase that you returned to once your cargo hold was full
- Might have hinted at some horror or combat elements further in that you never see in the demo?

EDIT: never mind, found it. Called Deep Fighter [https://www.mobygames.com/game/deep-fighter] apparently.

laggingdatout

Jun 1, 2015
laggingdatout said:
please can anyone help me?

there is this one game I remember for the PS1 or PS2, it's an RPG game where you play as a car. I know there where long motorways to drive along, many towns and many areas in a large open world. I think you upgraded your car by racing, completing challenges and talking to other cars, the graphics are cartoony as well. The game might be Choro-Q or pennyracers or a similar game, but im not to sure. please can anyone tell me some other game it might be or if it is one of these.

Many thanks.

Yami pao

Jun 4, 2015
Trying to find an old gameboy game, you were a knight, a tall one at that, able to jump over obstacles and a sword for weapon. First boss was a giant bat

Any ideas???

MasterKKing

May 22, 2015
MasterKKing said:
Hello Everyone :)

I decided to try my Luck here aswell. Ive Written in Boatloads of Forums for Amiga, and noone seemed to know my Game. So I will go with this Thread

The Game i Search is an Old Amiga Game. I remember on my Disk, that it Said "DämonenFriedhof", which is German and Means "Demon Cemetery" or Some like That. Its Solid 20 Years ago and my Uncle Gave it to me, and it seems he Wrote these Names by Impression. So The Name is Pretty Much Wrong and Useless, but might be a Hint.

As far as i can Remember, it was a Sidescroller. U Played a Wizard, or some sort of Santa Claus ( I really cant remember), and u shot Lightning Beams at Enemies coming at you. (as far as i can Remember), but the Most Significant Thing was the Game over Screen. It said Game over, and ur Character was on the Screen, and he Started Melting all Over the Screen. if u wait a few Minutes, he eventually Melted all over the Screen :D iam 100% Sure about the GO Screen and that its an Amiga Game. The Oter infos are Rather Vague. I Thought with that Funny GO Screen, it is Popular and People would knew it Quick and Good, but i was Wrong. Noone seem to knew it in other Forums.

Maybe Someone has an Idea :)?
Id Like to bump my Request, Nobody have an Idea :)?`that Game Over Screen was so Memorable, i cannot believe nobody knows that Game :(

Ask me some if u might need a ANwser for some

Cya BRos

HelpMe

Jun 4, 2015
Yami pao said:
Trying to find an old gameboy game, you were a knight, a tall one at that, able to jump over obstacles and a sword for weapon. First boss was a giant bat

Any ideas???
Castlevania, maybe? It's an old NES game, but was released on the Game Boy Advance about ten years ago. The first boss in that game is a giant bat, but you use a whip, not a sword. Maybe you mistook one for the other?

Scoby97

Jun 2, 2015
Scoby97 said:
Hi! :)
I am new here! ;)
BTW im looking for a PS1 game (i think its for PS1).
Well i only know that you play on a big traveling ship (one level?) it was in 2D and the second level was in 3D fighting a big eating plant (i think it was behind the house in the greenhouse?).
Well, I couldnt find it and english is not my main language so...
If someone knows the name of the game i would be thankful!!!
BUMP!

Ultima228_v1legacy

Mar 23, 2009
Ultima228 said:
No idea if this has been mentioned or not but this game has been driving me nuts!

It was the mid 90s, around 1996-1998. This was on PC. The game was about picking out parts and building your own monster / creature and then testing him out in Minigames. There was a Dojo fighting one, a few platformers, I think one where you fed it random garbage and it grew? I dont 100% remember everything.

There was a mad scientist who was the narrator throughout the game and would chime in with witty 90s comments and one of the enemies was a giant pink blob that had the name "Mojo Jojo" or maybe just Mojo but it was something really close to that. And I cant remember for the life of me what the game is called! I dont have it any more, it disappeared quite some time ago, but maybe someone here could help me?

edt123

Jun 5, 2015
Alright here goes nothing, really vague memory so I understand if you guys can't come up with this game.

Early 2000s PC game.
You were either an ant or some sort of insect
Third person game
The whole point was to get from point A to B.
Not online or multiplayer from what I remember.
The only real memory I have of game play is having lots of obstacles like moving gears throughout the levels.

Really vague but it is bothering me lol. No big deal if no one knows just had to make a post.

HelpMe

Jun 4, 2015
HelpMe said:
Hello everybody,

I remember an internet flash game from many years ago (maybe close to ten years) in which you play as a pill that is swallowed by a guy to fight germs and the point of the game was to hop around through a series of areas inside the guy's body (the mouth, I think the lungs, and a few others) and kill germs by absorbing them. In the lower-right of the screen was a picture of the guy's face that indicates his age and health level. If you let germs take over too much his face becomes more and more unhealthy looking until he eventually dies. There's no end to the game if I remember correctly; you just keep him alive as long as you can. If you die, you have two or three more pills to play as until you get game over.

So does anybody know the name of the game I'm talking about?
Bump.

Audro

Nov 3, 2012
Hello folks, I searched for it here couple years ago, and today I remembered one detail about a game that I'm looking for.

So...

The game I was playing with my ZILITON game system (with yellow cartridges) back in 90's.
It was sidescrolling game.
Main character was asian guy. And this guy had a lot of enemies.
He had this ability to shoot enemies from his forehead (like third eye) something that looked like rings.
On a first scene of a game, this guy was walking or driving on a top of a truck with trailer.
After this guy shoots bad guys, then bad guys will drop small coins.
With ability to shoot, you can shoot them little coins and they will get bigger.
You must collect these coins, and, if I remember it right, you can spend those coins in a shop, between game levels, to buy something.

Thats all I can remember now

CWalois

Apr 25, 2015
edt123 said:
CWalois said:
edt123: I haven't played it much myself, but could it have been Bugdom?
Thanks for the quick reply! But unfortunately I do not think it was Bugdom.
Could it be the video game for "A Bug's Life" from 1999? I probably should have suggested that first.