Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

limpei1

Feb 25, 2017
Nidor said:
limpei1 said:
First time posting, looks like it ate my first attempt at replying, but there are two games i remember playing that fit that bill, depending on how old they are.

'96 had one called MissionForce: Cyberstorm, AP based iso mech game, that started you out with 3 mechs, and let you buy clones of varying quality to pilot them.

Front mission, while mostly console based did have pc entries. Is a turn based mech game with teams of 3-4 mechs throughout story chapters, though it is more turn based tactical than xcom-y I spose.
Nope not any of those. 3 diff coloured mechs

erc9212

Mar 5, 2017
Hi!
I used to play this game in the late 90's/early 2000s. I used to think it was part of Spy Fox: Dry Cereal. I'm not sure but probably not. But, I remembered it came in a yellow cardboard case. It was 2 disc and one of the discs was set in this hallway it was like cyber/3d/grungy/sci-fi. I think you can click on the different rooms and one room had a tv with static and you clicked it was possibly a brick breaker game where it was in the city and things and/or cars would drive past to block the ball from hitting the blocks. I'm not sure if the game was 3d or you had to wear 3d glasses.

I hope this helps to answer my question. Thanks.

Skorpion111290

Mar 5, 2017
So hey I'm Tim.im having trouble trying to remember this game I used to play on pc. It was a spacefleet game u started with one planet and the planet gave u resources over different intervals of time the more planets u get the more resources.u used the resources to build ships and fleets and then u would send them to different planets and capture them I cannot remember the name of it to save my life if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.i played the game in the year 2011 and I bought it at Walmart for like 20 bucks so I'm sure it was out for a couple years. Please help!! Thanx!!!!

Gamer630211

Feb 5, 2017
RelativityMan said:
Gamer630211 said:
I used to play a game in the early 2000's that was a brick breaker. It appeared as if you are looking up at the sky with four walls surrounding your view. Don't remember if it was always a view of the sky or just clouds. Anyway, there were bricks in front of you. There was a somewhat decent size clear square paddle that, as you broke the bricks, would react to different power ups including multiple ball and one where if you caught the ball, it would stick to the paddle and then click to release in a new location instead of just bouncing off.. There was another power up that allowed the paddle to increase in size or shrink. The power ups would come towards you and you would have to choose if you wanted it or just watch it get bigger towards you and disapper.
I have searched the web and can't seem to find any answer much less graphics of the game play. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been bugging me for the

Here's a list of breakout variants. Unfortunately, I can't find a list that narrows it down any more than that, and this list includes both 3d and 2d variants.
RelativityMan said:
Gamer630211 said:
I used to play a game in the early 2000's that was a brick breaker. It appeared as if you are looking up at the sky with four walls surrounding your view. Don't remember if it was always a view of the sky or just clouds. Anyway, there were bricks in front of you. There was a somewhat decent size clear square paddle that, as you broke the bricks, would react to different power ups including multiple ball and one where if you caught the ball, it would stick to the paddle and then click to release in a new location instead of just bouncing off.. There was another power up that allowed the paddle to increase in size or shrink. The power ups would come towards you and you would have to choose if you wanted it or just watch it get bigger towards you and disapper.
I have searched the web and can't seem to find any answer much less graphics of the game play. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been bugging me for the better part of the last month.
Here's a list of breakout variants. Unfortunately, I can't find a list that narrows it down any more than that, and this list includes both 3d and 2d variants.
Thank you so much! I found the game. It's called Trixoid

zordorlf

Aug 19, 2013
I remember playing a game demo for an age of empires styled game, there were samurai, villagers to collect resources, ronin, wizards, dragons if I recall correctly. I would absolutely love playing it again, can't remember the game, but that's why I'm here.

Anyone got any ideas?

Zaltys

Apr 26, 2012
zordorlf said:
I remember playing a game demo for an age of empires styled game, there were samurai, villagers to collect resources, ronin, wizards, dragons if I recall correctly. I would absolutely love playing it again, can't remember the game, but that's why I'm here.

Anyone got any ideas?
Hard to say since you didn't mention when you played it or on which platform. But I'm going to guess... Majesty?

zordorlf

Aug 19, 2013
Zaltys said:
zordorlf said:

Anyone got any ideas?
Hard to say since you didn't mention when you played it or on which platform. But I'm going to guess... Majesty?
[/quote]

Looks like it might be, I'll play a sec and let you know.

reader5

Feb 8, 2017
Pixelhunter said:
reader5 said:
the game for the ps1 that I am looking for, it starts with a weird cutscene rotating around what looks like a big greek temple above the sky and the clouds, then a number of weird shadow creatures are seen standing in the hall while being approached by a bigger shadow creature with bright red eyes, the female Main Character then shows up with her friend a blonde girl and start talking about something, if I recall it correctly the main character is a girl with black/ dark brown braided ponytail hair almost like Lara croft's hair, and she uses a sword to fight off demons and other creatures, and she uses from times to times what appears to be a flying steel/ stone dish to kill off enemies from far away, a number of times the enemies will hold hostages in front of them, and if you get too close the enemy will kill the hostage, each time you reach a mission's ending the main character will jump a high jump and for some reason she'll just give you an opened view of her rear end, and if i'm correct as well as you progress your friend will be captured and you'll have to fight off a boss that looks like a man, but after confronting him he'll turn into a beast with a goat's head if i'm right and he'll attack you from the shadows , reaching this point here my memories stop , are those hints enough ? or you still need more? btw if you use a spinning horizontal attack sometimes the girl will scream stuff like [ lolololololol]! and when you attack vertically sometimes she may scream [ hiya!!!!!] that's literally all info I can recall

can anyone tell me if they know anything about such a game?
Hehe, this one is rather obvious, tbh. "Xena: Warrior Princess" (2001).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olXQ1S0832Y
thanks for the help i came here visiting daily but i totally somehow forgot to check newer pages for reply.. i had to discover the game on my own in the end .. but thanks anyway truly appreciate it

reader5

Feb 8, 2017
just wanted to say thanks for the great forum! these pages carry within them very old hidden gems! it's literally a treasure chest for gamers! thanks a lot!

manups4e

Mar 4, 2017
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
manups4e said:
Hi all i hope you can help me finding this game, it's a point and click game in 3D for windows 98/XP, 2 protagonists the cover of the game had a clockwork and a girl as image. it's a detective / mystery game set in a castle/mansion/hotel with fixed camera and you had to talk to peaople and examine objects to find clues and solve mysteries. Maybe the name of the game had clockwork inside as a word.. but i can't quite remember.. i remember that you had to solve a murder.
pls help me!!
thanks
Sorry, I can't post a vid or pic as I am on the phone... but this sounds like Syberia. It's a great game where you solve a murder mystery in a clockwork figure factory and village.
There was a sequel too.

You can get it on steam, and it's often on offer with other similar games that all still hold up many years later!
Thanks but that's not the game.. my game was all inside this hotel/mansion from the beginning till the end

Felstaff

Sep 19, 2011
machi said:
adventure game on 3d , on the start of the game you have to ignite a lantern on the entrance of a cave , it is on easter island also late 90s
Timelapse: Ancient Civilisations (1996)

Available on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/433580/]

BananaKing

Mar 5, 2017
There's an old pc game that had to have been made in the 1990s. I think it was a point and click game that featured puzzles. It started off in this lab/house sort of thing and this professor/doctor was kidnapped and the aim of the game was to get him back. You needed to go to this evil man's castle and break him out of his cell I think the evil man might have been a vampire. Another part I remember is having to go past this area with a lot of clouds and you had to play a card game against sort of cloud people. The game was extremely bizarre and gave off a very creepy vibe, throughout the game the colors are very bright although at the evil man's castle I think it was a dark purple.

Dragon101

Mar 5, 2017
Hello. Got a goods e for you.... I played an rpg in the late 80's that had you create a small party that wandered from one level to the next. The graphics were very basic with monsters being letters of the alphabet: a for allagory (rust monster), b for bat, cant remember what c was but d was dragon andv was vampire. The game had quite a list of magic items and if you clicked the randomizer you never knew what that item was going to be until you tried it. The most interesting thing to me was that you had to find both food and water along the way and it was once you ran out of that it didn't matter if there were any monsters or not, your character was going to die of thirst or hunger. Quite possible commodore 64 or the like but not sure.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
manups4e said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
manups4e said:
Hi all i hope you can help me finding this game, it's a point and click game in 3D for windows 98/XP, 2 protagonists the cover of the game had a clockwork and a girl as image. it's a detective / mystery game set in a castle/mansion/hotel with fixed camera and you had to talk to peaople and examine objects to find clues and solve mysteries. Maybe the name of the game had clockwork inside as a word.. but i can't quite remember.. i remember that you had to solve a murder.
pls help me!!
thanks
Sorry, I can't post a vid or pic as I am on the phone... but this sounds like Syberia. It's a great game where you solve a murder mystery in a clockwork figure factory and village.
There was a sequel too.

You can get it on steam, and it's often on offer with other similar games that all still hold up many years later!
Thanks but that's not the game.. my game was all inside this hotel/mansion from the beginning till the end
Maybe it's "The Watchmaker" (2001).

zordorlf

Aug 19, 2013
Zaltys said:
zordorlf said:

Anyone got any ideas?
[/quote]

It isn't that game :/ unfortunately.

MetalFaced

Mar 5, 2017
Hello.I used to play a game back in 2005-2006 with a towerdefense-like sidescrolling kind of gameplay(similar to that of the flash game , Age of War) that featured ,from what i remember back then ,the Vikings ,the Japanese and the Egyptians.I played the game on PC Microsoft XP and i have no further recollection of it, other than that it was simply a non-flash game.Thanks in advance : D!

Felstaff

Sep 19, 2011
BananaKing said:
There's an old pc game that had to have been made in the 1990s. I think it was a point and click game that featured puzzles. It started off in this lab/house sort of thing and this professor/doctor was kidnapped and the aim of the game was to get him back. You needed to go to this evil man's castle and break him out of his cell I think the evil man might have been a vampire. Another part I remember is having to go past this area with a lot of clouds and you had to play a card game against sort of cloud people. The game was extremely bizarre and gave off a very creepy vibe, throughout the game the colors are very bright although at the evil man's castle I think it was a dark purple.
I'm not sure the cloud people thing fits, but as soon as you mentioned 'point 'n' click + bizarre, creepy vibe + bright colours', I immediately thought of The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble, a quirky Sierra game from around the same time frame you're thinking. It also starts with a professor (the protagonist's dad) being kidnapped.

Goodmorning

Mar 5, 2017
Hello,
Lately I've searching all the games I played to as a child but there one which I just can't find, and been looking for it for months.
This is an old game with the main character who looks like a wizar, with a 'wizard' hat that he can use as boomerang to beat his ennemies. I thought the game was named Felix but I was wrong since I played it when I was very young.
The 'wizard' could jump on boats before they sink, and he can spin around himself.
Do you have any ideas?

BananaKing

Mar 5, 2017
Felstaff said:
BananaKing said:
I'm not sure the cloud people thing fits, but as soon as you mentioned 'point 'n' click + bizarre, creepy vibe + bright colours', I immediately thought of The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble, a quirky Sierra game from around the same time frame you're thinking. It also starts with a professor (the protagonist's dad) being kidnapped.

Sorry but that's not it. The game I'm thinking of is quite an unknown game that's probably been lost in obscurity.

Kompijuter

Mar 6, 2017
i played this game 12 years ago but it couls be older, your playig as a small caveman whit a club going right or left, its 2d. Your collecting fruits and i thInk meat and killing monsters. Its not phraistoric man. If anyone could help that would be great.