Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

photoperitus

Oct 14, 2017
ok so there were these adventure games with pretty bad graphics that i used to download from AOL, there was the same main character in each game. His name was Battrune or Bathune (not the Battune games, those are text only) and you had to type in commands to use items that you picked up.
been trying to find them forever!

tamas.m96

Oct 15, 2017
Hello
I remember a pc game from around 96-2002. The view was like in the first fallout game. Your character was an adventurer and you had to collect diamonds on the levels. The levels were tiles and your movement was limited. It had elements from games like supaplex where the boulders would roll on to you if you cut the grass under it. There were spider enemies which only moved if you made a move. The theme was so Indiana Jones like but it was not connected to the Indy franchise.
PLs help it was my favourite.

WareWolffTen31

Oct 15, 2017
i've been trying to find an older game i remember playing around like 2000-2001 on Windows/PC as a kid, the game may not have been new at the time i played it, all i can remember is it being a detective (i think anyways) i remember the character having the coat and hat a sherlock holmes or noire type outfit, from what i remember it was a top down sort of view close to Super Mario RPG angle and had a more cartoon-ish look if i'm remembering correctly, also may or may not have been educational, any ideas?

SpiderLily

Sep 12, 2017
SpiderLily said:
Okay, I'm starting to get mad with myself so might as well ask the genius internet. I loved this one game - it's the 'get it on a CD with a magazine' kind.

It was match shapes, a like teris but with you moving shapes around to 'fill out' bigger shape on the screen so it would dissapear. I remember the little shapes came on wodden platforms and when you finished the level you would get platforms with money instead if you had empty place. If you ran out of place for new shapes you lost.

You had tool to change/destroy the shapes?

It's similiar to Arctic Quest by Alawar/BigFishGames, but with squares (I think?) and sharp red/blue/green colors, and forest/magic/crystal shards?/etc.
Repost because I'm still desperate to find it.

Carl2017

Oct 15, 2017
I remembered playing a D2 flash/free pc game, where you had to build and army, and take over towns. The game had an medieval setting. There were different classes. Something like nights, samurai, vikings. The game should be at least 6 years old. You then started with 1 town, and had to build your army up from the bottom. You always fighted alongside your men.

RedRum55

Oct 15, 2017
If anyone can help me out that would be great. I remember playing a rpg type game with the setting being in the future and it always seemed to be at night. The main character was a man and what i remember was a detective or gun for hire. He was able to shoot as his main weapon. Also had gadgets to help with other tasks. Kinda reminded me of blade runner. Not the pc game but the movie. It was a city he was in. Also can go into different buildings and talk to pedestrians around the city to gather clues. I also remember to get to another part of the city or game he traveled in a mono rail or train. Maybe sega or nes or even snes. His character was not cartoony. They tried to make it look real but wasnt good quality because of the era it was made. You had to read a lot to get far in the game. Solve puzzles and talk to ppl to get clues on what to do. I was maybe 12 or 13 at the time so the year was 1996 or 97 Not sure if it was a brand new game when i played it. Shoot im not even sure how old was i when i played it. This has been on my mind for years would like to play it again. Any help would be a God send. Thanks in advance

KaiYLowell

Feb 28, 2016
Rastasven said:
Hey guys, I've been on and off for many years trying to find this one game I recall playing late 90's, probably beginning of 2000.

The main protagonist you played as was this pirate fox/squirrel-esque figure. First level was in a setup that was very cartoonish but on a pirate ship, later you traveled through different worlds like some snow world, and one that was maybe old chinese, or even inca/mayan themed. I think you had to pick up a certain amount of gold coins or something in order to proceed to the next world, but I might be wrong on this one.. :) I recall the game being for that time quite fast paced and a bit like donkey kong country or even rayman in terms of gameplay. The name might have had something to do with swashbuckling, or maybe the main hero's name started on S?

I would be so darn happy to find the game again!
Is this maybe a Skunny game?

karlomagnus

Oct 16, 2017
Rastasven said:
Hey guys, I've been on and off for many years trying to find this one game I recall playing late 90's, probably beginning of 2000.

The main protagonist you played as was this pirate fox/squirrel-esque figure. First level was in a setup that was very cartoonish but on a pirate ship, later you traveled through different worlds like some snow world, and one that was maybe old chinese, or even inca/mayan themed. I think you had to pick up a certain amount of gold coins or something in order to proceed to the next world, but I might be wrong on this one.. :) I recall the game being for that time quite fast paced and a bit like donkey kong country or even rayman in terms of gameplay. The name might have had something to do with swashbuckling, or maybe the main hero's name started on S?

I would be so darn happy to find the game again!
I'm pretty sure that's "Claw".

karlomagnus

Oct 16, 2017
SpiderLily said:
SpiderLily said:
Okay, I'm starting to get mad with myself so might as well ask the genius internet. I loved this one game - it's the 'get it on a CD with a magazine' kind.

It was match shapes, a like teris but with you moving shapes around to 'fill out' bigger shape on the screen so it would dissapear. I remember the little shapes came on wodden platforms and when you finished the level you would get platforms with money instead if you had empty place. If you ran out of place for new shapes you lost.

You had tool to change/destroy the shapes?

It's similiar to Arctic Quest by Alawar/BigFishGames, but with squares (I think?) and sharp red/blue/green colors, and forest/magic/crystal shards?/etc.
Repost because I'm still desperate to find it.
Is it "Puzzle Inlay"?

karlomagnus

Oct 16, 2017
Chris1908 said:
It suddenly came into my mind. It was a game, i cannot remember whether it was a demo or full game,late 90's early 00's, which had 3 missions to choose from. The first one had an fps-style gameplay where the player's movement was not controlled(auto-walk i believe?). The player just kept going through corridors, steps, alley, doorways etc. while shooting at people who were shooting at himself, and could replenish health and ammo by shooting at pick-ups with red cross and bullets(i think). The 2nd mission had a 3rd person gameplay where you could normally control the player and maybe had gunfights? Not sure though.....
The 3rd mission had you control a car through a city while chasing other cars.
Furthermore, i remember that it had a loading screen with green background and a pistol and its magazine on top of the background.
Thnx in advance....
I believe that's "Die Hard Trilogy".

karlomagnus

Oct 16, 2017
Muffinman said:
Hi guys. Im tryiing to remember a sega genesis game where u were a ship and had to make squares to kill a monster. Birds a view. U had to make the space that the moves in small. Once its small enought it would die. Thanks
The gameplay sounds like Qix. Maybe it's "Volfied"?

karlomagnus

Oct 16, 2017
jbakers said:
Hey guys, thanks for creating this thread because its driving me mad.

It was a game, kind of action/survival 3d-person iirc.
The game started where you (as a female) responded to an emergency call.
You where not police, but some kind of other devision. I think she also had mind-powers.

Arriving at the scene everyone was dead, also they swat team the send in before you. It was a really horrible bloody scene.
Later on in the game monsters became invisible and more.

Looked realistic (not cartoonisch I mmean), it also had a kinda jap/kor feeling to it.

The cover was whitey, with the female protagonist also on there iirc.
I dont recall what console it was, but it has to be xbox, psone or ps2

Also the title, I think it had something with 2 in it, or part, as if this game was a part two? Never played part one, though. But I could also be mistaken..
That must be "Parasite Eve II".

karlomagnus

Oct 16, 2017
Chewster said:
I remember one PC game I got in a bargain bin. I was playing it around 2000 maybe but I think it was older than that. It was a point and click adventure game with prerendered backgrounds and 3D sprites for enemies and characters, like the original Resident Evil games. It was set in space and the only detail I remember is that you wake up in some sort of futuristic jail cell. If you try to escape, a floating robot would shock you and you had to beat it to death with the severed arm of a dead creature in the cell with you (which I think you had to kill too?) After you beat the robot up I think it would malfunction and then fly into the force field blocking the entrance to the cell and explode.
I recently remembered that game and it was driving me mad i couldn't remember its name.
After some research I've finally found it! It's "Bioforge", right?

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
RedRum55 said:
If anyone can help me out that would be great. I remember playing a rpg type game with the setting being in the future and it always seemed to be at night. The main character was a man and what i remember was a detective or gun for hire. He was able to shoot as his main weapon. Also had gadgets to help with other tasks. Kinda reminded me of blade runner. Not the pc game but the movie. It was a city he was in. Also can go into different buildings and talk to pedestrians around the city to gather clues. I also remember to get to another part of the city or game he traveled in a mono rail or train. Maybe sega or nes or even snes. His character was not cartoony. They tried to make it look real but wasnt good quality because of the era it was made. You had to read a lot to get far in the game. Solve puzzles and talk to ppl to get clues on what to do. I was maybe 12 or 13 at the time so the year was 1996 or 97 Not sure if it was a brand new game when i played it. Shoot im not even sure how old was i when i played it. This has been on my mind for years would like to play it again. Any help would be a God send. Thanks in advance
Could it have been Shadowrun for SNES, or the same-name-different-game Shadowrun for SEGA Genesis / Masterdrive? Or maybe even Snatcher?

vlahka

Oct 16, 2017
Its either late 80s or very early 90s. Vertical scrolling action game, 2 player. You were these guys with guns,first stage was like a suburb. Shooting and destroying trees and fences would sometimes leave drops to pick up. The first boss on that stage was a submarine. Cant recall anything else even though I played it a billion times in the arcades. Dont have any idea if it was on a console.

Roukam

Oct 16, 2017
Hi guys,

So I played this 3D game on PC, I'm pretty sure it was a demo. It's from either late 90's or early 2k. You start in some kind of mansion/castle? Can't remember if it was first person or third person or both. I could obtain weapons to fight with (there was no guns in this era). I remember vaguely a ring inside a big hall of that mansion with 3 people standing on the edge and if you started fighting them they would try to kill you, just like Skyrim. The only game I can assimilate the most with is Tomb Raider... but with no guns. I can't describe more than this with certitude unfortunatly. I hope you can help, thanks :)

Jordan Vasilev

Oct 16, 2017
Hi Guys,

After googling for hours i gave up and came here maybe someone remembers it. It was a strategy game where you controlled bald header people that were separated into 4 different classes (Builders, Scientist, Military and Breathing ) You could build and upgrade the specific houses that will produce power for the classes. Builders made your building build faster, Military gives you stronger warriors, Scientists allowed you yo use special powers (mines,balloons, traps,ect..) and Breathing gave you more people to work with. You are battling on a terrain versus similar PC controlled groups.
Thank you

sneakeeeey

Oct 16, 2017
Hey guys been struggling to remember a game I use to play on my pc (around early/mid 2000), Not sure my uncle game to me not sure when it came out.

All I remember is that your its a space sim/space dog fighter, during the story your character starts to have theses nightmares/ visions from the aliens you've been fighting. I think in the game your fighter is yellow but thats all I can remember. Not really much to go on but I was trying to find it today...

Thanks

Oct 16, 2017
Hi there.
This one has been driving me nuts for years.
I played it about 15 years ago, more or less. Im not sure, but I think it was a ps1 game. Its a 2D fighting game, very cartoonish graphics. The characters are all kids dressed like superheroes or something like that. It could be that they used the power of their imagination to fight. I remember that there was a kid dressed as a cowboy and another one that used hiphop music and giant speakers to attack. Maybe also a girl dressed like a magical princess and guy dressed as a space hero or something on the lines.
Im sorry for being so vague, but that's pretty much all I can remember.

Simon Frohlich

Oct 16, 2017
Hello and please help me with this one.
Platform - Game Boy Advance (possibly, if not, then PS1)

A male character (cartoon-ish kid) starts out on the west side of an empty green field.
-If you go to the east, there is a broken bridge over water.
-If you go north, you get to the top of the field - there is nothing interesting there

South is where it gets interesting. You get to a ladder that you go down. At the bottom of the ladder, there is an orange circle. If the character steps on the circle, it closes and a new feature opens (e.g. a building suddenly appears in the starting field). There is a cave past the orange circle, and there are more orange circles and enemies in this cave. Going over the circles either adds another building or opens a passageway in the cave.

Thank you in advance.