Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

KaiYLowell

Feb 28, 2016
dp_danie said:
Hi there!
I got two questions
1.- There is a game I was kinda addict when i was a little girl. A dark screen with a few balls and you had to break them up by dividing the screen without being touched. (It wasnt Xonix)
2.-Someone who knows where could i get Supaplex? That was a good one
Thanks!
Your first game sounds like a JezzBall clone. Start by looking there.

doctorwho1705

Nov 12, 2017
Hi guys! I've been struggling to remember the name of this game for weeks now. I played it 10-ish years ago on my old computer. So, the game was 2D, you are the small human with some sort of harpoon and your objective is to shoot frogs that bounce off the screen. Whenever you would shoot a big frog, it would split into 2 smaller ones. Very similar to Bubble Trouble. If anyone knows the name, plz tell me. You wouldn't believe how grateful I would be. :D

Loomiis

Nov 12, 2017
Hello guys ! i'm looking for this game for years now and i hope someone will help me. So, i remember playing this game on a computer and it was a demo, so i'm not sure this game was a pc game. It's a TPS game and the characters are little animals like dogs and cats. The environnement of the game is a big house and the characters are very small compared to the objects inside the house ( tables and chairs, doors, are very big... ). The gameplay looks like "loadout", there are deathmatchs against others animals.
Thats all i can remember, Does anyone know or play this game? Thanks !
(sorry for my english, i'm coming from another country ! )

night_shadow_989

Feb 6, 2014
Hello. I?m remember this game that i played one time when I when to a relatives house one day. This way years ago mind you so my memories a little fuzzy. It was a top down isometric game, very much like Geneforgee if you know that series. I dont remember much of it, but there was one part where a bird (i think it was a crow) would land on this tomb of sorts, and this guy wrapped in bandages would pop out and talk to you. Then he would start to follow you around. I think it had voiced dialing lines but that parts a little fuzzy to me though. I cant quite remember.

Hope someone can help. Thank you.

Origamimaster81

Nov 12, 2017
TheNiceGuy said:
ok this game is my childhood so try your best to find it!
so this is a game that i playd in 2006-2010 somthing like this
i remember that it was a game on russian but mybe there is an english visrion of it
its like a super mario game . it was 2D i remember but i think (not sure) it was a pixelated game
i remember you play as a dino and there are levels in a water fall and a volcano i remember!
hope you will find it please!!!
"Dino Run" from Miniclip?

Origamimaster81

Nov 12, 2017
There's an old 90's maybe early 2000's online diner game I'm thinking of. I don't remember much of the details of the gameplay, but I remember a big old lady saying "Whaddya want?" Also the diner had a checkered pattern. It wasn't like a typical diner game though, I don't remember actual seating people at tables, just serving the orders. It was very cartoony, and I don't remember the graphics being all that bad. Not super pixelated. Sorry for not remembering a lot about it, but if anyone has any idea what I could be thinking of I'd appreciate the help.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
doctorwho1705 said:
Hi guys! I've been struggling to remember the name of this game for weeks now. I played it 10-ish years ago on my old computer. So, the game was 2D, you are the small human with some sort of harpoon and your objective is to shoot frogs that bounce off the screen. Whenever you would shoot a big frog, it would split into 2 smaller ones. Very similar to Bubble Trouble. If anyone knows the name, plz tell me. You wouldn't believe how grateful I would be. :D
That is probably Granny's Garden.

Linkcool200

Nov 13, 2017
I'm looking for an old flash game. It's set in what seems to be a medieval era, not quite sure. But it's a series of games. In the first one, a kid and his friends find a crashed ufo, and one of the aliens as a last resort sends their spirit to reside inside the kid. It's kind of like an rpg style of game.

Goro_v1legacy

Oct 24, 2017
Goro said:
Hi,

I used to play a pc game where the main character is a guy who is in a computer program. He is guided by an AI who is his companion in certain stages. The main character views files and folders and has to either delete or avoid infected files. The game is very flashy. I dont remember the name of the pc game. Many thanks to anyone who can help me find out the name of the game.
Hi All,

I found the game name that I was searching for. It' Tron 2.0. I luckily found the game while browsing for highest rated PC games on Gamespot. I found it there. Thanks to those who tried to help me out.

Kristijan Tasic

Nov 13, 2017
Its a PC game. Its not new. Its a first person shooting game. You are with 4 soldiers i thing and you shoot other soldiers. I remember that the 6th mission was on snow. The last mission you had to bring down a helicopter. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Mikuko

Feb 24, 2017
OK so I played this game alot as a kid and I've been looking for it all over the internet for the past few years with no success, but maybe I'll get lucky here :D
Sadly, I don't remember much. I'm pretty sure it was a PC horror game, a third person shooter with a male protagonist and the enemies were vampires or demons or zombies (or maybe even humans), I'm not sure about this, I just know they were human-sized and the player killed them with a gun. The thing I remember the most was a cutscene at the beginning of the game, which was in a church and I think it was a wedding (not sure, might have been something else) with the protagonist in it. It was in 3D and the graphics weren't bad, so I don't think it was made before 2000, but it definitely wasn't after 2010, so somewhere inbetween that. Also if I remember correctly, most of the game happened somewhere underground or in a building, I remember going through halls and doors and rarely outside. Also the loading screen was some kind of a huge mutated monster with tentacles or something, I think.. I remember nothing about the plot, since I'm not a native english speaker and the game was fully in english which I didn't understand back then.

If someone knows, please let me know, I'm dying to find it :<

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Kristijan Tasic said:
Its a PC game. Its not new. Its a first person shooting game. You are with 4 soldiers i thing and you shoot other soldiers. I remember that the 6th mission was on snow. The last mission you had to bring down a helicopter. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
It's a complete shot in the dark but... maybe one of the Delta Force games?

Nov 13, 2017
Hi, theres this game I used to play in school when I was little but I cant remember name of. I did find the game last year and promised my self not to forget it but I forgot and now I'm wondering what it is again. Heres somethings I can remember.

1. At the start you choose from a boy, girl or alien to play with (I always choose alien)
2. There were a few different planets you could play on as levels. You would lock one in but to get to it you would have to defeat asteroids in your way.
3. The planets had squares all along the ground. So if you pressed down, left, right or up you would move to the next square.
4. One planet was hot and had a volcanoe in the middle and would shoot larva and warning signs would come onto some squares stating larvas going to fall there.
5. Another planet I remember was cold and had not a volcano but something else in the middle to shoot out frozen stuff and warning sign would appear like the other planet.
6. For every planet you would start one end and try to get to the other.
7. In the end you would complete these differnet planets and be standing on a podium with the character you choose and receive a medal.

I hope someone can remember what game this was! Please respond! (It was around 5 years ago I played it)

toguroplus

Nov 13, 2017
I can't remember the name of two games and can't find them on google...

1 - A PC game with early 90's graphics, a RPG real time top-down view. Multiplayer on the same PC. There were several classes, and each one had a specific abilitie. I can remember the Druid class had the abilitie to create trees... and that's it. I played as a shareware.

2 - A turn-based strategy PC game, top-down view too, with mid 90's graphics. You control a team of gargoyles in the game, and you change them to some classes with different stats and abilities.

Jun 16, 2010
Here's one that has been bugging me for a while.

It's a first person fantasy game from the mid to late 90s.
You play as a kid/teen, and in the beginning you're in a village.
Your father is a character, and at one point he gives you a knife.
If you attack and kill your father, the whole world changes and becomes demonic (or something?).
Also outside the village there's some sort of stone pillar that makes a weird moaning sound that I remember used to freak me out as a kid.

Anybody have any ideas?

Jun 16, 2010
diablo rules said:
Dermisgermis said:
This is driving me nuts.

Trying to find a game that probably game out in the mid-late 90s. Was first person and had elements of shooting and point to click. I remember it revolved on dragons/dragon riders in some capacity, and one of the first "puzzle" had you either chose to kill a dog-monster thing who was blocking a path or give him a bone. Seem to remember carrying a dragon egg at one point too.

If anyone can help I'd be thrilled. Think we got this for like 2.99 at Costco circa 1997, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was lost to the ages.

Thanks!
Dragon Lore - The Legend Begins (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrF0-MegbHQ
Thanks! Turns out this was it.

God, the stone pillar thing is just as freaky as I remember: https://youtu.be/VrF0-MegbHQ?t=748

Aestroth

Nov 14, 2017
Hey all! This may be a shot in the dark and -- above all else -- pretty vague.

There's an arcade compilation I'm looking for that I believe was between the Win95/Win98 era. It included some really trippy version of Asteroids that screen wrapped, had a bunch of after-image effects and crazy-looking explosions (and also some hilarious version of Bomberman). If I'm remembering correctly, the compilation also included a Demo of Xenophage: Alien Bloodsport. If anyone can help me out, that'd be fantastic!

Lucas Magno Zimmer

Nov 10, 2017
Pixelhunter said:
Lucas Magno Zimmer said:
Background: I'm trying to help a friend find a game he's not even sure it's real hahaha he said it was around the early 90s and that he never beat it. Also, it had a mysterious vibe.

System: DOS

Year: Around the early 90s

Perspective: Completely 2D, without the sense of perspective.

Art style: Very pixelated, with solid colors.

Environment: It looks like the focus of the game was mainly the environment, like if the character was just a detail and didn't occupy much space on-screen. There was someone (an NPC?) that transformed into a bird (maybe a crow). Also, the game had dialogs in text boxes. The only thing about the scenery that he remembers is some place with a church, or church-like windows, like those big glass panes.

Mood: It had a dark mood.

Genre: It looks like some fantasy adventure, possibly medieval.

Gameplay: The interaction was either by clicking or by moving the character with the arrow keys. When switching scenarios (or levels?) there seemed to be some sort of animation or transition.
Maybe it was "LOOM" (1990).
WOOOAH, THANKS A LOT!!!
You got it right first try!
You're awesome, thanks again!

Mathijs Remijn

Nov 14, 2017
I've been trying to find this game for a while now, it's a bit fuzzy, but I hope this community can help me!

System: Windows

Year: Somewhere between 2005 and 2012 (don't know if it's still active)

Perspective: Switches between platform and 3d (top view)

Art style: smooth, yet colourful.

Environment: Differs per characterlevel, the beginning is a bit of a open wood/farm environment, then moves to the beach. (Haven't played it beyond).

Mood: It had a happy mood

Genre: It is a fantasy adventure, with basically everything being played online with the community.

Gameplay: The interaction was keyboard based (the way i remember it), but i thing you could also use your mouse. Your character gained exp by defeating monsters (the first monsters you'd encounter were wood logs and sheep). Every level was basically a mission, defeat the monsters and defeat the boss. The first bosses were some sort of wolves. There was some story behind it with a professor turning them, but i can't remember this clearly.

I hope you can help me!