Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

vixium

Jan 31, 2018
gamefinder1010 said:
gamefinder1010 said:
I am trying to remember the name of an old PC game I played in elementary school (1993 - 1998).

It was a third-person game that explored Ancient Egypt and the pyramid. There were various levels/tasks/puzzles to solve to continue through the pyramid. You could gather inventory items as you went along. One strange thing that I remember is that at the very beginning you had to feed a cheeseburger (inventory item) to a bird to distract it.

I have looked all over the internet, and while I have found numerous Egpyt/Pyramid games, I can't find any videos or screen captures that I recognize.
Does anyone recognize this game???
is it pyramid: challenge of the pharaoh's dream?
I found this thread specifically because I was trying to find that game. I found a reference to it in an old PC mag stored online (thanks google) from '95.
Hope I helped you, too!

troyrich

Procrastinating Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
Tetravus said:
*Cash money (or paypal) to whoever can solve the mystery*

Hello everyone,

I enjoy terrible FMV games, and have been completely unable to find any trace of a game I played back in the mid 90s. I've tried Gamefaqs, Reddit, you name it, and I got nothing. If you have a spare minute, I was hoping you might be able to take a stab at it. Here's what I can remember:

I'm almost 100% certain it was a PC game, although there's a small chance it was on PS1

The opening FMV shows a military guy who tells you about a nuke that's been planted on a tropical island in the Pacific.
It's going to go off any minute! There's no time to send someone in person to stop it, but they can parachute in a robot that you can remote control!

You control the robot from a first-person perspective. The robot's view is in the top half of the screen. Surrounding the view are your inventory, weapons, map, etc.

The game uses a nodal movement system as the robot explores the island. The island is mostly jungle, save for a few buildings which you can enter and explore.

I distinctly remember the robot has three weapons: a laser, poison gas, and missiles. Each has a limited supply, and when an enemy comes on screen (which were all scripted events), you have to pick the right weapon before they can attack. Failing to react in time, or picking the wrong weapon, results in game over.

I remember two enemies for certain: a giant carnivorous plant (which you have to gas), and a dinosaur (which I think needed a missile?).

When the robot gets destroyed, you get a game over FMV of the same military guy telling you that you screwed up big time. Then a little animation of a mushroom cloud.

Hopefully that rings a bell for someone out there. I've been looking for this for all of my 20s and 30s with no luck so far. Thanks!
Maabus?

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Tetravus said:

Hello everyone,

I enjoy terrible FMV games, and have been completely unable to find any trace of a game I played back in the mid 90s. I've tried Gamefaqs, Reddit, you name it, and I got nothing. If you have a spare minute, I was hoping you might be able to take a stab at it. Here's what I can remember:

I'm almost 100% certain it was a PC game, although there's a small chance it was on PS1

The opening FMV shows a military guy who tells you about a nuke that's been planted on a tropical island in the Pacific.
It's going to go off any minute! There's no time to send someone in person to stop it, but they can parachute in a robot that you can remote control!

You control the robot from a first-person perspective. The robot's view is in the top half of the screen. Surrounding the view are your inventory, weapons, map, etc.

The game uses a nodal movement system as the robot explores the island. The island is mostly jungle, save for a few buildings which you can enter and explore.

I distinctly remember the robot has three weapons: a laser, poison gas, and missiles. Each has a limited supply, and when an enemy comes on screen (which were all scripted events), you have to pick the right weapon before they can attack. Failing to react in time, or picking the wrong weapon, results in game over.

I remember two enemies for certain: a giant carnivorous plant (which you have to gas), and a dinosaur (which I think needed a missile?).

When the robot gets destroyed, you get a game over FMV of the same military guy telling you that you screwed up big time. Then a little animation of a mushroom cloud.

Hopefully that rings a bell for someone out there. I've been looking for this for all of my 20s and 30s with no luck so far. Thanks!
That looks to be a game called Maabus [http://www.mobygames.com/game/maabus]. I actually found it 'cause a guy named kingzeno was looking for it on this very thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.166417-Old-Games-you-remember-playing-but-cant-remember-the-name-of?page=601], 2 years ago. =D

Edmond Lam

Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 2000-2005), actually I don't know about the release date of it. I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.
Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.
In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.

There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.
Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
^And this boss I think is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.

I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

raviron

Jan 31, 2018
Dear fellow Gamers,
I'm stuck with a thought about an old game I remmeber playing at my friends house back in the late 90's or early 2000, it wasn't a long period, but I clearly remember it as a top (slightly tilted) view game, where you play with a little blue flying robot, you pick up parts to get yourself some upgrades, the map itself is checkered, most maps were grassy, with a few trees, and of course various enemies to shoot at.
I can only hope that some of you might have met this game before and can recall some memories of it, or you google experts can help me get this case closed ;)
I know the provided information is not much, but all the help is greatly appreciated.

shadowbobber

Oct 25, 2017
Shans said:
**$20 reward to whoever finds this!**

I'm searching for an old PC game I played around 12-15 years ago but I don't remember much about it so this is a bit of a long shot. I'm not entirely sure if it was a flash game on a website or just some random game from a CD or something but I'm leaning towards the latter. You had to put out tables and chairs and stuff and serve drinks to the people that came in. I'm assuming you also had to make the drinks but I don't actually recall that in particular. You could also place things in the room like a pool table and possibly a pinball machine.

Not much to go on here but thanks for any help!
Dinner Dash or restaurant empire perhaps?

Badmemoryguy

Jan 31, 2018
Hi guys, looking for some help.

I'm looking for a playstation 2 game I think.The game happens in a city in the middle of a desert. There is a storm outside the city so you could only leave occasionaly if the storyline would allow this and here you often got attacked too. Riding in the dessert happened with a a certain metallic vehicule. I remember some races in the desert with this vehicule too. In the city there were these little kangaroo like creatures you could capture and ride to travel faster (if I remember correctly).

It's vague I know, but it is all I remember. Thanks for any help!

Melon_v1legacy

Jan 20, 2018
Hi guys,

I am look for an old 2D puzzle game about a bald man wearing white robe, probably Karate clothes. He was carrying and moving blocks of stone on top of each others to reach the exit. There were levels named from A to Z. Thanks a lot !

Tetravus

Jan 31, 2018
Gauche said:
Tetravus said:

Hello everyone,

Maabus?
HOLY BALLS YOU GUYS FOUND IT

Seriously, I spent at least one day a year searching for it my entire adult life, and you knock it out in two hours! The weird part is, I don't remember the name "Maabus" at all, but that's definitely it. I must have got a copy of it from a friend without ever seeing the box or manual. I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Gauche and Midwoka, feel free to shoot me a PM with your Paypal info if you want to. Today was a good day :)

MMI113R

Jan 31, 2018
Hello, I remember this pc game when I was around 4 maybe. So this game was probably released in 2002 to 2006.
Since I barely new how to read, I only got to the game by clicking on the icon which looked like a handgun.

In this game you played as a guy starting off in a building with I think a hand gun, you could go outside and I think there was a couple of other buildings maybe.

there were these monster or aliens (It was one of the two, don't remember) would come in waves I think.

I remember seeing two types of them; a slow one that kind of looked like the Spore carrier from Fallout New Vegas, and a xenomorph looking one that was pretty fast.

The monsters or aliens did not really have textures to them they were basically one color being green, blue, or red and I think the colors were their difficulty.

Hopefully I explained this game good enough, since I barely knew how to read or pay attention, Thanks.

ManLee

Oct 18, 2016
There is a dragon/crocodile in a tower/castle where you have to keep feeding it the foods it will think of, and when it thinks of hot chili and you feed it it breaths fire.

I hope that someone will know what i'm looking for!

Banduck

Jan 31, 2018
1. Game:
It was some kind of space invaders. It was well drawn in a comic/flashgames look (and of course in colours).
You were in space and your enemies were aliens in UFOs.
I remember some "cheese planets" in the stages (Like in Worms)
I even think the barriers were in this "cheese look".

2. Game:
It was a crappy looking 3D Game. I don't think it had Textures.
You control a character in some kind of maze. You have to collect some stones or crystals or whatever and the character stacks them on top of his head.
I think you had to solve some puzzles and then you got to the next level?
Or you had to bring the stones/crystals to a certain spot?
Something like that.

Jan 31, 2018
Old game, something like mind game, maby 1998-2002. A guy in some castle or underground collecting 3-4 kind of keys and gemstones, going through halls and tunnels. Silver key is for silver lock, gold key for gold door... and when he collect all the gemstones level is over. Something like that.

Zombie911911

Feb 1, 2018
Okay I don't know the name or the plot by I vaguely remember the characters Theirs a gut with a gun for a arm, and theirs a four armed dog i think and a old man who I think is a scientist if you find please respond

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Zombie911911 said:
Okay I don't know the name or the plot by I vaguely remember the characters Theirs a gut with a gun for a arm, and theirs a four armed dog i think and a old man who I think is a scientist if you find please respond
A four-armed dog? Gotta be MDK 2 [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6PvZ3nKlk]. =)

corina0111

Jan 16, 2018
Hello. I keep looking but I can't find a game I used to play in 2006-2008, I can't remember exactly. It's about a lion who's supposed to take back his kingdom. You start with a lion and later you can buy vultures, antelopes, zebras, lions. It's a turn-based battle game like braveland. You have your animals on one side and the computer on the other side. When it's your turn you decide what animal you use. Looks a lot like a cartoon

I hope you can remember it because I've spent a lot of time looking for it.

Thank you in advance

brandonncali5

Feb 1, 2018
Okay so I got a game and I've already bought 2 incorrect games. I thought it was unreal championship 1&2 but I was wrong.
It's definitely on the Original Xbox I remember a few levels and it's a 2 player co-op / campaign shooter.
So there's one level where you arrive to a planet and you fight/shoot your way down to some monster and your in it's stomach or something anyway you plant some demo charges to kill it and escape.
There's another level I remember some kind of station you arrive take control and you have to defend against an attack and you can put down energy fences to block paths and I could of swore the character you play as sounded like Vin Diesel, but couldn't Google match to a game he voiced in that was a shooter.
The game was sort of like unreal championship but I got both and couldn't find 2 player campaign on either. If someone can tell me what they think I would greatly appreciate it, been looking for months. Thank you!!! Message me if it's easier. Thanks.

KiwaH

Feb 1, 2018
I need help to remember the name of a game I was playing in the early 2000s! It was a chat game, similar to club penguin. We could create non-human avatars and chat with strangers. We could walk aroud a fantastic universe. One "chat room" was designed as some kind of hellish dimension... Not sure. Thanks for your help!!

anacaona

Feb 1, 2018
i just recently started thinking about old games me and my older brother used to play and i remembered one game and i can?t seem to remember the name of it. all i can remember is that it took place in an abandoned hospital or asylum and you had to go around looking for something, if i rememeber correctly the character looked kind?ve like rayman. it was more like a scary game. very old.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
anacaona said:
i just recently started thinking about old games me and my older brother used to play and i remembered one game and i can?t seem to remember the name of it. all i can remember is that it took place in an abandoned hospital or asylum and you had to go around looking for something, if i rememeber correctly the character looked kind?ve like rayman. it was more like a scary game. very old.
Just a guess but... one of the Thing-Thing games by Weasel? I can't find a page that just lists the Thing-Thing series, but here's a list of all of Weasel's games.