Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

pa1afox

Mar 21, 2018
Hello, I've been looking for some games that I played as a kid but I can't remember much. Any help is appreciated.
1- I remember it was a shooter and I think you could switch from first to third person, you were in a tank but you could get off. That's all I can remember.
2- This games is a little weird. I remember motorbikes and lasers or missiles, kind of like battle mode from mario kart, I think you needed to pickup keys or something to open doors and I remember always loosing because the game would shrink kind of like pubg and it killed you
3- This one I remember the gameplay like commandos but with colored suits (blue?), kind of like fallout's power armor, and you had control of one character only. It was a stealth base game I think
4- The last one is really though, I just remember a ship, first person, open world and it was hard to find enemies or turrets I think

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Abhinav Tiwari said:
1)-

-This was a PC strategy game based somewhere other than earth, maybe in some other planet with futuristic weapons and units
-Had 2 factions if I remember correctly and you could select one before starting the campaign
-Had base building, resource gathering, all through machine like units.
-There were defense towers which if build near to each other, got connected automatically through lasers so that enemies couldn't enter your base if your base was surrounded by these defense towers.
-Flying units who shot lasers, land units, all had armors and stuff and looked futuristic, just like machines and robots.
-The environment was pretty plain and had some mountains and trees and terrain was up and down and stuff but didn't look like earth.
-Base building was an integral part and had all barracks and stuff etc.
Could be Perimeter and/or it's expansion Perimeter: Emperors Testament, maybe?
Though that has three factions as well..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perimeter_%28video_game%29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UF3f-oVX3o

puddinmuffin

Mar 14, 2018
puddinmuffin said:
There use to be a game on IOS.. When IPhone 3 was new. We were a little red ball or a red fox head I guess and we were in a place like farm or garden. And farmers would come and try to kill us all around the garden. We could move by moving the phone ( like balancing it) ( SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH) . And we could attack them as well.. Thats all I can remember. But I think we were a red little fox in a garden.
I am still trying to find it ... :(

Welshnutter

Mar 21, 2018
Im trying to find a 90s pc game all we can remeber is that you start the game there is a girl laying down with wires attaced to her and you have to enter a brain(possibly sisters) choses a bit and complete the level befor going on to next bit of brain. You play a female protagonis.

It was a 3d static camera style game ( like resident evil) it came on quite a few cds (5-6ish). Cant remember having any weapons what so ever but there were dog like enemys.

Sorry that all we can remember hope some one can figure this out as its driving us mad lol

Mar 21, 2018
I've got a brain drainer here.... I seem to remember it was either a simulation or a strategy game but it was very basic sort of windows game that always pitted you against 3 other computer players and it was a series of 'worlds' that you had to try and capture land? or was it POIs... in any case one of the 'worlds' was a fast food themed one that you played as the obvious McDonalds ripoff team as your little dudes were little red packets of fries with a W on the front, and there was a noodle take out place as well and i think another was a hotdog based thing? I forget the other team but it was always 4, oh and one of the other 'worlds' was medieval themed I think, and perhaps there was a candy one too? it's not alot to go on I know but if anyone has any ideas I'd be much obliged also it was top down, and you scrolled around the map to see how your opponents were doing

Sangetsu4129

Mar 21, 2018
I need help guys, ive been looking for WEEKS for this game, i cant remember alot other than playing it on my parents old PC, It was a medieval type game, a top down RPG, i remember starting as a wizard of some sort. And you would explore and go into houses and dungeons. You found gear in chests and pots and things like that. The movement was 1 block at a time...PLEASE its killing me

JoeX111_v1legacy

Apr 28, 2009
A bit of a weird one here:

The game I'm looking for is a top down shooter...that could also be used as a screensaver. I'm not sure if it was considered a screensaver, or a game. When your computer idled, it would come up and auto-play...until you hit one of the controls. Then you'd assume control of the game until you hit the escape button and jumped back to the desktop.

My friend had it on his Toshiba laptop back in 2000, so it had to come out sometime before that. He called it "Bug War," though I'm not sure if that is the actual title.

The gameplay was an overhead top-down shooter, where you controlled a robot "bug" and battled other, similar robots. I remember a "fly" that cruised around above the ground, and a four-legged spider tank with a large turret. I think all the bullets looked like red or blue orbs. The landscape was mostly brown, with some greenery and water here and there. You couldn't select which robot you would be, it was always random, and I don't think it was possible to "win" the game, merely to keep battling until you die.

I've never found any record of this game, and I've been searching for years. It's kind of my holy grail, to figure out what this thing was that I played back in junior high.

Spiffers

Mar 20, 2018
Spiffers said:
There's 2 games I remember playing when I was a kid - Definitely before 2000, may even be as early as about '96. One was a dungeon crawler - unlike most games I look at from that time frame that seem to always have black backgrounds, I remember this one being predominantly white. I expect it would also qualify as a Roguelike, as the game was purely "drop you in a dungeon, go until you die". I remember the first floor being some kind of a cross, you enter from the bottom, right was a room that often had an enemy that I think was called a Carrion Eater or something similar, and left had some sort of room with benches. A Cafeteria maybe? and straight up had the actual entrance to the dungeon. I don't remember ever getting further than about the second floor in this game, but how hard it actually was, I don't know.
EDIT: Also, this game was isometric from a top-down view, it is VERY reminiscent of many of those core roguelikes

The other game was more of a puzzle game. You were spawned outside of a castle that had a moat all the way around it. You were armed with only a slingshot. I feel like you had the ability to freely move in this game, although I can't remember exactly. The goal of the game, at least at the start, was to shoot about a dozen "sparkly hexagons" (I think they were sparkly, maybe just yellow or red, and they might not have been hexagons either... but I dunno). One of the few really interesting things I remember the game doing was you could stand on the drawbridge, shoot the trigger to raise it and get flung across to a location otherwise unreachable. There was also a number of areas that just killed or trapped you, but I don't think that was actually that unusual back then, so... Anyways, I don't think there were even enemies in this game, but I do remember that the game was slightly random - the "sparkly hexagons" were randomly placed among a number of locations throughout the castle.

If anyone knows either of these... geez, that'd be amazing.

PS. Oh right, both of these games were definitely on PC. Good chance it was Windows 98, but maybe it was 95, I didn't really understand much about OSes at that point.
Ok, I think the first one is actually Castle of the Winds. It doesn't have the same standard opening that I remember, but enough of the style seems to fit that I feel like it has to be that. If anyone knows of any mods that came to Castle of the Winds, let me know. Maybe there was a change.

And I found the second one too... Castle Master. I didn't think I'd ever find that one on my own, much less in like only an hour of searching. But somehow... here we are. Well, thanks to anyone who at least read the request :)

CenturionConstruct

Oct 8, 2016
Hello everyone, this is probably a long shot, but here goes.

I have been trying to find two specific games I played when I was a kid and have been searching for them ever-since then. They were both played on windows 95 in the mid to late 90's (EDIT: some other games I have recently identified are from 1998, so probably is around the same time). For clarity and efficiency, only GAME #1 will be mentioned here with GAME 2 being mentioned later in another post.

= GAME #1:

= I only remember one specific scene/part or level for this game and not much else, so I'll do my best to remember.

= I believe it was a 3D sci-fi shooter (fps) game set on a (possibly red/Martian-terrain) with alien doom-like enemies.

= The part I remember was likely at/near the beginning of the game as it had a tutorial/introductory vibe to it.

= I believe the level had you (the player) being led/instructed along a transparent shielded/force-fielded path (similar in my head to a glass aquarium observation tunnel) across the red terrain by a female computer voice as you go.

= outside of the shields, a battle/war was taking place between allies/humans(?) and the enemies/aliens and the allies either lost or were losing. You could actually intervene in the battle by walking through the shields into the battle, where the enemies would try to shoot at you whether you were inside or outside the shields, but I believe that you were unarmed at this point.

= I don't think the aliens or their projectiles could pass through the shields, only you could. So long as you stayed on the path inside you were protected. Reminds me of the beginning of Halo CE where you can see the enemies up close fighting allies, but you were unarmed and defenseless until you later find weapons.

= I think the female computer voice would tell you exposition about the enemies, their attack on the base or whatever, as well as something along the lines of "do not be concerned, the enemies wont be able hit you so long as you remain inside the shields" and would scold you and/or warn you to return if you left them.

= I think the planet's(?) terrain was mostly uneven/natural and rocky, possibly openly explorable in that area too (not linear)and the path may have only been a go-between between 2 buildings/structures or to/from a ship. Possibly the rest of the game was open and outdoors too, but not entirely sure of anything in this particular paragraph/bullet-point to be honest.

Anyway let me know your suggestions to what the game could be, I am at a loss so far. All help is much appreciated, cheers :)

gobingo94

Mar 22, 2018
I cant' remember a game but it can be played in an arcade. It has a small guy pinning ang forming closed figures to unlock a person inside a barrel. It all I can remember please help! :)

Tyree Bingham

Mar 22, 2018
Flashplayer RPG, Adventure, Action, Fantasy, Medieval, top down. Estimated release around 2005 probably, possibly older Graphics/art style is 2d, possibly tilebased, art like diablo, would be like Hands of War or Legend of the Void, but you see the side of the characters, not just their head and shoulders. Just one main character and I think the final boss was a wizard or necromancer, though maybe it was a spider, because I remember a spider boss. Notable gameplay mechanics include typical action rpg stuff like combat, items, multiple weapon and armor types, etc. There was a map like the first Legend of Zelda or Binding of Issac where it's split up into boxes or regions that are about the size of the camera, though there could have been rooms that take up multiple regions at once, requiring the camera to move, but I'm not sure. It was fairly short, I only remember there being a single dungeon, but that could have been because I never found other quests. There was a short outdoors section for the tutorial, and then the rest was in the dungeon, which might have started as a cave entrance, and then I think you had to backtrack to the beginning to finish, but those memories might be from playing it again immediately afterwards or trying to find more content. I distinctly remember multiple boss-like enemies and a bit of inventory management, and a shit ton of grey stone rooms with skeletons and spiders in them.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Sangetsu4129 said:
I need help guys, ive been looking for WEEKS for this game, i cant remember alot other than playing it on my parents old PC, It was a medieval type game, a top down RPG, i remember starting as a wizard of some sort. And you would explore and go into houses and dungeons. You found gear in chests and pots and things like that. The movement was 1 block at a time...PLEASE its killing me
Did it look like this?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cxong/MagusPreservation/master/magus.png

xXKillTimeTRXx

Mar 6, 2018
I am looking for a RTS game.
I used to play it around 2000
there were 2 different sides
One of the sides had the ability to regen over time and their starting units were archer, a man with a huge stick, and a man with knifes. Later u could get a man with a flying carpet, a bug like creature that can possess an enemy and deal damage over time and at last something like 2-3 headed ladybug. Also they had a defensive defensive building which is a huge crossbow sentry.
Other side had no regen ability, their starter units were pikeman and rifleman. Later u could have men with hammer (kinda big) and at last a dragon (stays on the ground and uses fire breath) Also their baracks look like a hand holding a broken sword (on a bucket?)
After few levels of missions u had to play on maps where meteors land on your buildings and units.
Also when u launch the launcher a dragon appears and flies closer.

KarmaPoleXL

Jul 14, 2017
My last post with correction. It's not a 3d platform game, it's 3D TOP-DOWN game.

Ok, this should be easy for someone who love play futuristic fantasy games. This game is probably from 2001 maybe 2000. It is 3D TOP-DOWN GAME with futuristic and fantasy elements(special powers and weapons). The player is blonde man in some like space suit. I rememeber, maybe the first level, that you are in some tech-facility or laboratory. The next level that I rememeber is that you are on the street and there are some boys with (baseball)bats. You must defeat them to open the bridge(maybe there is one more guy who open for you bridge). On the other side of the bridge it's like some temple or tomb. There is a girl that will give you some special powers. Next, you enter in that 'temple' and there is woman who says:"I'm calling security", then you go through the next door and there are some kind of giants. I played a demo version.

Thank you.

Edmond Lam

Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 1995-2000), actually I don't know about the release date of it. Just because of the graphic design doesn't look like the quality made in 21st century.

I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it. Yeah its totally ridiculous that I remember lots of details besides the game name.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.

Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.

In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.
There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.

Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1 , I forgot what that thing is.
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost (looks like female) share 1 BOSS health bar
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
**And this boss I think it is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
**Actually it looks like a skeleton reaper, but it is flying and only have upper body
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4 , I reach to the middle only.

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.
I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

Maciek Jarosz

Mar 22, 2018
Okey, I'm looking for a game for I think early 2000'. It was a side scrolling platformer for kids, with a boy and a girl as playable characters. There was a map of a forest, a desert, a castle and a few other things that I don't remember. I know it's not much, but it's all I remember, and I've been searching for this game for 2/3 years, help :C

Nabisco

Mar 23, 2018
Hi guys!

i am trying to find this game that i did play when i was a child but I am having some problems with it maybe someone could help.

rts/board game, the game was Egypt alike and was played in turns If I'm not mistaken, I remember of having traders having to go very far from my village to other villages for trades there was some kind of a map that we could see it and it would take ages for them to get there :D.

you could see them transporting a hand car or a cow?

i already checked on Pharaoh but i guess that game came a lot later and i dont see the trades i was talking about, i guess this game came before 1998.

sorry so many guesses :(

abbyallen112

Mar 23, 2018
can anyone help? I vividly remember playing a pc game at my cousins? house when I was younger. All I remember is that it was set in an open world but everything was flat. You could place animals like horses or dogs or cats and you could place beds and houses for them. I think you could breed them as well. Please help I?m gonna go insane looking for it.