Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

MichaelK91

Jul 11, 2014
MichaelK91 said:
Hello guys, boy, it has been a while! I am indeed back to update and add to my initial post on this thread. Anyway, about a six months and also a year ago I posted this post below, and do not know how to check to see if my post was quoted or not, so, I suppose I will repost it:

There are now three games I do not recall, but remember bits and pieces of. One was solved, however They were both Playstation 1 games, with the new one being a old DOS/MacOS game. And I believe all were on demo discs at the time I played them. Those games were:

One is where you played as a robotic tank that was olive in color, with steel color claw arms, and tank tracks for legs. The character had an angled, slanted front, and it was an arena fighting game.

Not solved.

The second one was where you play as a flying futuristic car where police were chasing you, prompting you to shoot them where they explode. At one point you near a billboard where a beautiful woman on it before she changes into a skull and skeleton as there is a laugh of a woman which sounds disturbing. At the final point of the level, you go against some green ship, which I always died at.

This one was solved. The game was called R-Type Delta.

The third game I remember was a game where you had a shotgun and were killing bad guys in brown and green robes with their faces hidden. I also remember the howl of a wolf. I have been suggested that it was HeXen, but this not true. It was on Mac, I believe. It may have also been on the Duke3D Engine or DOOM Engine.

Solved.

Can anyone tell me the names of three games? Thank you very much if you can. Feel free to message me or post it on the forum.

This was also between the years of 1995 and 2001.

Sorry about not updating too much. I managed to gather some info on some of the games from here and other places. So I thank those here who have helped me out. Anyway, the games I've found out about (with some I haven't asked about on here) so far are R-Type Delta, Damage Incorporated, Power Shovel, and Rascal.

The ones I have still not found out about are:

- This one being a old DOS/MacOS game. The game has some flying car in the future in a dark alleyway. And I believe all were on demo discs at the time I played them.

- As for another game, I remember them being some knights in a RTS-style game that you commanded, carrying long-shields that were a light purple-ish color and red color.

- And finally, again, this. The one where you played as a robotic tank that was olive in color, with steel color claw arms, and tank tracks for legs. The character had an angled, slanted front, and it was an arena fighting game.

Anyway, thank again, and happy hunting if you choose to look.

- Michael

Mimoa

May 1, 2018
cristyro said:
Mimoa said:
cristyro said:
Mimoa said:
Mimoa said:
Hello.
Can you help me remember the old top view game?
It is top view and starts after maybe some car accident - you are a man (the police I think), you have a pistol. You are in a city. I think first puzzle was to shoot some gas tank to get on.
I think you have life bars and mana bars - later in the game you will find cards - those are spells - first is light- Then you get card with some pink laser spell -weapon. But maybe the best indicator: later in the game you are in the sunny city - there is an old man, church and the graveyard -and on the graveyard you have to solve the puzzle - get down all the gravestones with women names on it. The old man say it to you as a clue - Lay down the ladies...
Anyone? - There was theater too - lots of puzzles (and in the game generally) and cow slaughterhouse. You have just pistol all over the game -no shotguns, grenades, machineguns. And spells - on cards. I think there was QUEST in the name of game, but maybe not.
Graphically it was like Take no prisoners, maybe more colorful.
And maybe the first spell card was PUSH
Police Quest?
Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel started with a car accident: https://youtu.be/pS6SutfeDEU?t=13m33s
No it is not. Graphic was better 2000-2006? It was like: Kings road, Zelda-Ocarina if time or League of legends. Not in details but the style of rendering - "painted or anime" - cannot find the english word.
Cartoonish/cartoony art style? Handcrafted/handmade look? Western fantasy style?
Cartoony art style is the closest one. The year must be around 2000 ?... League of legend is closest to colors and render, but 20 years ago. Hud was clasic: I think 4 quick spells mana and life bars in the bottom center. The style was like: RAD Soldiers.

Colceriu Vlad

May 19, 2018
Hey guys, I remember playing this game as a kid where you had to defend earth from asteroids and other things using a spaceship that could circle around earth, also you could upgrade earth by adding certain constructions on the surface of the planet.

The background was always the planet(earth) with the small ship circling around it, but there were multiple levels to the game.

I remember that I used to play this game around 10 years ago, online, it was a very small PC game, I used to play it on a website.

Please help !

Ners

Apr 19, 2018
Ners said:
Ners said:
Ners said:
So, can't remember a game, it was some sort of action/shooter based. No close known timeframes but I used to play it on a WinXP machine around 2009 perhaps? +/- couple of years, likely older.
After a couple of clicks through the main menus (red-black themed, some pictures and an intro/cutscene I think) you show up as an armored person/soldier in some sort of a valley surrounded with another few soldiers, each having a different set of weapons I think. You could individually control each unit. The main theme color of the game overall was red, like red-orange-yellow(?) and any shades around those, it was literally all red-shaded. From the grounds and grass up to the skies as well, except soldier units, those were black and structures(?) those were more grayish.
The surroundings were kind of like steppes, low steppe-like grass, lots of tiny hills and valleys covered in grass and some larger mountains in the horizont, felt like a desert.
Moving some further you'd encounter some enemy units and some flags waving around, or was it some poles? Can't recall, but it definitely was something alike. Eventually you'd end up finding some kind of conctrete/metal structure/bridge(?) up on a huge hill and few trees around which were similar to those of GTA SA, huge&high, they were also scattered around the fields but nothing in large amounts.
This is the further I came and that's all I get to remember, guess there was some mission to be done but as a kid back then and with lack of english knowledge, it wasn't something I went after and likely the reason I can't remember what it was about, it's mostly visual memories.
Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about?
B. U. M. P. Anyone?
BUMP!
BUMP!
In case someone knows.

Marco Schuldes

May 20, 2018
Hi, I'm trying to find a game I saw in a magazine and I want to play it.

I'm pretty sure it came out BEFORE year 2000. I'm not sure but I think it was for either PC or PS1.

You are some sort of gangster and you just got out of jail. You need money so you go back to breakin into houses and stealing stuff. The game was 3D, cartoony and apparently funny.

The first level or so, you had to break into the house of an old lady and steal her piggy bank or something like that. In the later levels you could recruit partners and a bring a whole gang to help you break in and rob a bank.

The game was part adventure, part stealth. There was no violence.

It might have been a german game, but I'm sure here.

Nov 2, 2013
RelativityMan said:
borednreadingyermind said:
Hi everyone.

I've got a tough one for you.

There are two games from my childhood that I've forgotten, but would love to play again.

The first was a post-apocalyptic RTS. Set after a nuclear holocaust. It had an interesting mechanic whereby at least one, possibly all, of the factions had to keep their units near food dumps in order for them to maintain their health. Basically same resource gathering system as Age of empires, but you had to feed your troops. I think the same faction also had access to mutated bear-riding cavalry, which I remember being hilarious.

The other game is a bit trickier. It was a fantasy RPG, or third-person action-adventure game. I forget if you had a team of companions or not. What I do remember was these enemies you had to fight. Big grey troll-monkey things. Lived in tribes. They'd charge out of the woods at you (camera angle was top-down, so from the sides of the screen, basically) and just when they began their charge they would make this deep ''Kurr'' or ''Krr'' sound. I think they were called ''Kull'' in-game, but I could be wrong. Think it had undead enemies too, but I can't remember.
Don't know about the first game, but could the second one have been Alundra? The grey monkey creatures would be the Murgg, or their giant leader Zazan.
Good try but nope. I remember it being a 3D PC game. Female protagonist, I think. The years for both would have probably been 2000-2001. Maybe a bit later.

Neil Bulloch Jr

Mar 29, 2011
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so thank you in advance for any and all help.

I am going to try to describe this game as best as I remember it. I had rented this fantasy action adventure game for the ps1 almost 20 years ago; I think it had more than one disc, but I am not sure. The first level was inside some kind of flying type machine/vehicle where you had to fight your way through it. Afterwards you ended up in this town/village where you could talk to NPCs, and eventually you teamed up with some girl/princess type character.

At later parts of the game the same girl/princess was kidnapped and taken to some kind of castle which you had to infiltrate and go through some old underground mines. Your character used a sword and maybe magic but I am not certain on the latter. I also remember some puzzle/platforming elements. I never got to finish the game cause I had to return it, but it has always stuck with me cause it was the first fantasy/story based game where I was fully able to understand the plot ( I must have been 7-8 years old). It always reminded me of something between Ocarina of Time and maybe the first Dark Cloud.

Any help? Thanks again!

Neil Bulloch Jr

Mar 29, 2011
Funny enough as I was looking at some earlier posts someone mentioned Alundra as a possible answer for a game borednreadingyermind was asking. I googled it and I am pretty sure the game I am looking for is Alundra 2: A New Legend Begins
:D

Jack Lumber

May 23, 2018
An old pc board game, cartoonish, monopaly-game of life like-ish. You can buy oil, cole, gold, silver, nickel etc. Remember granny as a character, there are many more, at least 4 characters/players, all on cars! :3

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Marco Schuldes said:
Hi, I'm trying to find a game I saw in a magazine and I want to play it.

I'm pretty sure it came out BEFORE year 2000. I'm not sure but I think it was for either PC or PS1.

You are some sort of gangster and you just got out of jail. You need money so you go back to breakin into houses and stealing stuff. The game was 3D, cartoony and apparently funny.

The first level or so, you had to break into the house of an old lady and steal her piggy bank or something like that. In the later levels you could recruit partners and a bring a whole gang to help you break in and rob a bank.

The game was part adventure, part stealth. There was no violence.

It might have been a german game, but I'm sure here.
Yep, almost, it's actually an Austrian game, hehe.
"Der Clou! 2" (2001), aka "The Sting!".

See Zheng Hong

May 24, 2018
Hello All! I am trying to remember a Japanese game on PS1, but to no results hence my post hoping someone remembers it.
You play as a team of Snowman like character(3 if im not wrong, and you could customise their color as well). You can equip them with different parts and weapon, and fight with a opponent with their team as well. It plays like a tatical RPG. Hope its enough information.

jotheweirdo

Dec 15, 2017
Hello! I've posted this before but no one has found it so far and I've been looking for this for 6 months now :(

I played this game on a demo CD which was from either late 90's or early 2000. The game was 3D, in this game you played as a red ball/oval shaped creature with a pointy needle on the bottom of their body. You would play either against 3 bots or other players and your goal was to color as much square tiles in your own color by the end of the timer.

Now, in order to color tiles you had to completely draw a line around the square and when you did that the tile would flip over and change to your color. Enemy players could also steal your colored tiles by going around the edges and turn them into their color. You weren't limited to only 1 square, all squares within the line would turn into your color when you connected the end of the drawing line, but if I remember correctly this could be interrupted somehow so going for a lot of tiles at once was risky. The game also had items but that mode wasn't available for me since it was a demo.

Edit: One level I remember very clearly was a donut shaped level in space

Here's a simple drawing from memory if that might help: https://imgur.com/a/Uh3HOdK

Slegiar Dryke

Dec 10, 2013
Hello! so, I've been searching for an old adventure game for a while, but can't seem to remember enough details to narrow down the name. I'm just going off a few disjointed things i remember about it, but I can't be certain if i'm not accidentally mixing details. but, here goes:

so it was an old adventure game, I want to say somewhere in the 90s. fairly dark, from what I can remember

I can remember something about having a talking lantern or something in your inventory

there were these weird portals in the game that took you different places, like the middle of new york, and to the surface of mars. if you went to mars, the talking thing in your inventory would remark "why are you turning blue?" before you died.

I'm not sure if this is a mixed up detail or not, but there was something about paying a skeleton to ride across a river.

probably the thing that jumps out at me the most was remembering these machines in the game that would flatten you into a sort of disk or can or something, then send you somewhere else before you'd uncompress. I think the compressing machines had something to do with the portals i mentioned earlier, but i really can't be certain....

can anyone think of anything? many thanks up front for any guesses, i'm completely stumped.

Midwoka

Sep 13, 2016
Slegiar Dryke said:
Hello! so, I've been searching for an old adventure game for a while, but can't seem to remember enough details to narrow down the name. I'm just going off a few disjointed things i remember about it, but I can't be certain if i'm not accidentally mixing details. but, here goes:

so it was an old adventure game, I want to say somewhere in the 90s. fairly dark, from what I can remember

I can remember something about having a talking lantern or something in your inventory

there were these weird portals in the game that took you different places, like the middle of new york, and to the surface of mars. if you went to mars, the talking thing in your inventory would remark "why are you turning blue?" before you died.

I'm not sure if this is a mixed up detail or not, but there was something about paying a skeleton to ride across a river.

probably the thing that jumps out at me the most was remembering these machines in the game that would flatten you into a sort of disk or can or something, then send you somewhere else before you'd uncompress. I think the compressing machines had something to do with the portals i mentioned earlier, but i really can't be certain....

can anyone think of anything? many thanks up front for any guesses, i'm completely stumped.
Pretty sure it's Zork: Grand Inquisitor [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoxJWJaA1gc]. =)

Slegiar Dryke

Dec 10, 2013
Midwoka said:
Pretty sure it's Zork: Grand Inquisitor [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoxJWJaA1gc]. =)
holy crap! that's it! the Totemizers! that's what i was remembering the most! Thanks a million! ^vvvvv^

Jekic Danijel

Apr 1, 2018
in this game i remember that i was landing on some strange planet as blue guy whos looking like a human but hes just blue.He has a gun,backpack,pants,shoes,helmet,and that it i think.It's 3th person game and u r shooting other players.I remember that in game u can place your gun on floor and it is becoming a turret that can shoot.there is so big vehicle ,planes,tanks and other things.

Pixelhunter

Dec 21, 2014
Jekic Danijel said:
in this game i remember that i was landing on some strange planet as blue guy whos looking like a human but hes just blue.He has a gun,backpack,pants,shoes,helmet,and that it i think.It's 3th person game and u r shooting other players.I remember that in game u can place your gun on floor and it is becoming a turret that can shoot.there is so big vehicle ,planes,tanks and other things.
This has to be "Rogue Trooper" (2006).

VTMarik

May 21, 2009
I have one, it was a PC puzzle game like Myst. The only thing I remember about it was at the beginning it did a numerology thing on your name and your birthdate, gave you a sign (I remember one was Snowbird), and then it gave you your past lives.

Sparse I know, but that's all i remember.