Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

marcod_9

May 26, 2015
marcod_9 said:
Hello everyone! Greetings from Argentina.
Ive played a 2d skateboarding game that i cant remember the name,
You could build your skate park , and then play in it.

I remember that it doesnt require much space, and also the founders were ICECOFFEE or something like that.

Thank you very much
It was "World Skate Tour" an indie game.

I coudnt find where to download it.

If anyone does, please tell me! Thanks

Benedek Tamas

Mar 7, 2012
Hi, I remember playing a top down shooter, where you could roam free the map. You were controlling an aircraft(space ship?), possibly sci-fi themed. You had 8 or 10 weapons you could choose from(the biggest cannon actually made you recoil). The game was released in the late 90s, probably early 2000s. Probably there were arctic maps.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks!

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Benedek Tamas said:
Hi, I remember playing a top down shooter, where you could roam free the map. You were controlling an aircraft(space ship?), possibly sci-fi themed. You had 8 or 10 weapons you could choose from(the biggest cannon actually made you recoil). The game was released in the late 90s, probably early 2000s. Probably there were arctic maps.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks!
Completely random guess, but was that Zulu Assault, developed by Arrowhead Interactive, published by Monkey Byte Development? There aren't a lot of screenshots unfortunately, but there are some videos on YouTube.

Edmond Lam

Oct 26, 2017
This is an old PC Disc game which is very similar to TRINE.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 1995-2000), actually I don't know about the release date of it. Just because of the graphic design doesn't look like the quality made in 21st century.

I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it. Yeah its totally ridiculous that I remember lots of details besides the game name.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.

Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.

In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.
There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.

Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1 , I forgot what that thing is.
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost (looks like female) share 1 BOSS health bar
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
**And this boss I think it is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
**Actually it looks like a skeleton reaper, but it is flying and only have upper body
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4 , I reach to the middle only.

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.
I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

Benedek Tamas

Mar 7, 2012
RelativityMan said:
Benedek Tamas said:
Can anyone help please?
Thanks!
Completely random guess, but was that Zulu Assault, developed by Arrowhead Interactive, published by Monkey Byte Development? There aren't a lot of screenshots unfortunately, but there are some videos on YouTube.
Thanks for the help! It is not Zulu assault, although the gameplay is really similar. You could not change vehicles in the one I am searching for, rather had multiple weapons on your ship.

Benedek Tamas

Mar 7, 2012
Edmond Lam said:
This is an old PC Disc game which is very similar to TRINE.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 1995-2000), actually I don't know about the release date of it. Just because of the graphic design doesn't look like the quality made in 21st century.

I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it. Yeah its totally ridiculous that I remember lots of details besides the game name.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.

Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.

In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.
There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.

Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1 , I forgot what that thing is.
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost (looks like female) share 1 BOSS health bar
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
**And this boss I think it is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
**Actually it looks like a skeleton reaper, but it is flying and only have upper body
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4 , I reach to the middle only.

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.
I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.
Maybe one of the Golden Axe games?

KarmaPoleXL

Jul 14, 2017
KarmaPoleXL said:
Ok, this should be easy for someone who love play futuristic fantasy games. This game is probably from 2001 maybe 2000. It is 3d platform game with futuristic and fantasy elements(special powers and weapons). The player is blonde man in some like space suit. I rememeber, maybe the first level, that you are in some tech-facility or laboratory. The next level that I rememeber is that you are on the street and there are some boys with (baseball)bats. You must defeat them to open the bridge(maybe there is one more guy who open for you bridge). On the other side of the bridge it's like some temple or tomb. There is a girl that will give you some special powers. Next, you enter in that 'temple' and there is woman who says:"I'm calling security", then you go through the next door and there are some kind of giants. I played a demo version.

Thank you.
It's Sanity:Aiken's artifact.

KarmaPoleXL

Jul 14, 2017
KarmaPoleXL said:
Hello,

Ok, here is one more game that I can't remember the name of.

I played a demo version of this game on PC. But this game can be pretty easy for PS1 too. It's a FPS game. It's very very similar to game named Disruptor (PS1). Ok,I watched walktrough of Disruptor on Youtube, but there are no any detail that I remember of game that I am looking for. Here are the details that I remember:
I played only one level and enviroment is almost the same as Disruptor level 1, but the enemies are totally different. Actually, the enviroment is pretty greenish on the start, then comes a some kind of dark purple walls I guess.
Ok, this is important: the enemies that I remember
1. Some kind of green( maybe because enviroment) alien humanoid with horns or tentacles on head I think.
2. Some kind of purple/red alien humanoid with horns or tentacles on head(a little bit harder to defeat)
3. This enemy is very similar to Worf from Star Trek
4. Some humanoid a little bit invisible that attacks with electricity.

And one last detail is the last place of level where I was(maybe because I played a demo version). In that place, in the center of room, there was astronaut suit and I didn't know what to do with that suit.
That's All Folks.

Thanks. Bye.
Huh, so near, but so far, I finaly found it. The name of the game is Star Trek: Klingon Honor Guard.

deadmanwonderland21

Jun 18, 2013
Hi All! I'm a bit stuck, i remember a rpg game that was playable in those arcades that had n64, ps1 etc. many years back, and i remembered a game that looks an awful alot like a dragon ball game but i have searched all over and no such dragon ball game existed like that for the n64 or ps1. What i do remember is that you had a long stick and you could have flown on a cloud just like the nimbus. it had a title screen where it played a demo of the actual game and it had a snowy level if i last remembered. it was more a semi top down adventure game. oh yea and it was 3D.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
deadmanwonderland21 said:
Hi All! I'm a bit stuck, i remember a rpg game that was playable in those arcades that had n64, ps1 etc. many years back, and i remembered a game that looks an awful alot like a dragon ball game but i have searched all over and no such dragon ball game existed like that for the n64 or ps1. What i do remember is that you had a long stick and you could have flown on a cloud just like the nimbus. it had a title screen where it played a demo of the actual game and it had a snowy level if i last remembered. it was more a semi top down adventure game. oh yea and it was 3D.
Could that have been Monkey Magic by M-Pen Inc. or Monkey Hero by Blam! for PS1?

If not, besides checking a list of Dragon Ball games you can also try this list of games based on the story Journey to the West, which Dragon Ball was based on and share the same staff and cloud riding.

KarmaPoleXL

Jul 14, 2017
KarmaPoleXL said:
Hello to everyone.

The first one I played on PC. The year can be 2000-2005. Here are the details:
I think that I played demo version, but nevermind. The type of a game is like bomberman, the maze-based game.
You play with boy, some kind of wizard and you can go into next level when you kill all the enemies, I guess. I remember 2 levels.
First level:
You are in some kind of castle, gray stoned enviroment(background) and the enemies are carnivorous plants.
Second level:
The enviroment is like yellow sand and the enemies are green gremlins I guess, and I believe that they jump from wells...

Thanks. Cheers!
That game is Monster Hunter(2001):
https://www.gamepressure.com/games/monster-hunter-2001/z49b9

KarmaPoleXL

Jul 14, 2017
Hello,

It's a PS1 driving game. Very similar to Test Drive 5 (PS1), but this one was not racing game(as for the only one track that I remember). I played only one CIRCULAR track with some blue car(maybe it was a demo game). In that track you drive through village, city and highway and there are other traffic like some green trucks and many different cars. One more detail: Starting point is on cobble street. I searched for that game in some website with about 3000+ PS1 games, but didn't found it.

Anyone?

deadmanwonderland21

Jun 18, 2013
RelativityMan said:
deadmanwonderland21 said:
Could that have been Monkey Magic by M-Pen Inc. or Monkey Hero by Blam! for PS1?

If not, besides checking a list of Dragon Ball games you can also try this list of games based on the story Journey to the West, which Dragon Ball was based on and share the same staff and cloud riding.
Hi, The closest thing you suggested was Monkey Hero, it has the same semi top down perspective, but the gameplay itself and and stages dont seem familiar. i will looks at the links you suggested however in the mean time

KarmaPoleXL

Jul 14, 2017
Hello,

I'm searching for some DOS TETRIS game. I played it on Win95. The game graphics is very low which include 4-colours palette: cyan, magenta, black and white(that probably means that game is very very old).
It is not like classic Tetris game, there are little men or viruses(one block size) which all of them must be destroyed to complete the level. On the start of each level, there are already static blocks who form some buildings, letters, animals etc. and between them are those little men/viruses. In other words, like some mix between classic Tetris and Dr. Mario. I also remember that there are level editor. That's all.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
KarmaPoleXL said:
Hello,

I'm searching for some DOS TETRIS game. I played it on Win95. The game graphics include 4-colours palette: cyan, magenta, black and white.
It is not like classic Tetris game, there are little men or viruses(one block size) which all of them must be destroyed to complete the level. In other words, like some mix between classic Tetris and Dr. Mario.
Could that have been Dr. Rudy running in CGA mode?
(I can't find a screenshot of the game in CGA mode, but that would be the right color scheme)

KarmaPoleXL

Jul 14, 2017
RelativityMan said:
KarmaPoleXL said:
Hello,

I'm searching for some DOS TETRIS game. I played it on Win95. The game graphics include 4-colours palette: cyan, magenta, black and white.
It is not like classic Tetris game, there are little men or viruses(one block size) which all of them must be destroyed to complete the level. In other words, like some mix between classic Tetris and Dr. Mario.
Could that have been Dr. Rudy running in CGA mode?
(I can't find a screenshot of the game in CGA mode, but that would be the right color scheme)
Nope. Please, read my post again, cause I added some more details today. Thank you.

HotPocky

Feb 11, 2015
amazed that this thread has lasted 933 pages (10 years!), so here's my contribution: i'm looking for 2 games. the first game you hatch and raise these cute furry alien creatures on a space ship, and there are these ugly aliens that another species snuck on. the game has these education centers which instantly taught a creature everything it needed to know. you could lead them by the hand, you could punish and praise them, and you can make them hold items. i'm pretty sure it was in a series. it was on PS1 and later released on PC.
the other game isn't one i played, but one my dad played, and he promised to let me play when i was old enough, trouble is we both forgot what it was called. it had doom 1 or 2 tier graphics, mazes, monsters, and he could set up camp outside. i specifically recall him checking the area or a map and saying that there wasn't any monsters nearby, so it should be safe to camp and recover some health... and his character was killed in its sleep. can't remember if the character used traditional weapons like swords, or if shotguns etc were available.
much appreciate, very thanks. wow.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
HotPocky said:
amazed that this thread has lasted 933 pages (10 years!), so here's my contribution: i'm looking for 2 games. the first game you hatch and raise these cute furry alien creatures on a space ship, and there are these ugly aliens that another species snuck on. the game has these education centers which instantly taught a creature everything it needed to know. you could lead them by the hand, you could punish and praise them, and you can make them hold items. i'm pretty sure it was in a series. it was on PS1 and later released on PC.
the other game isn't one i played, but one my dad played, and he promised to let me play when i was old enough, trouble is we both forgot what it was called. it had doom 1 or 2 tier graphics, mazes, monsters, and he could set up camp outside. i specifically recall him checking the area or a map and saying that there wasn't any monsters nearby, so it should be safe to camp and recover some health... and his character was killed in its sleep. can't remember if the character used traditional weapons like swords, or if shotguns etc were available.
I'm not sure about the second game, but the first one was probably Creatures: Raised in Space part of the Creatures series.

HotPocky

Feb 11, 2015
RelativityMan said:
HotPocky said:
I'm not sure about the second game, but the first one was probably Creatures: Raised in Space part of the Creatures series.
i love you

Stormtempter

Sep 7, 2017
Remember renting a CD-ROM from the laundromat back in the mid 90s, so MS-DOS or Win95 perhaps, it was on the shelf with Mechwarrior 2 and Legend of Kyrandia 3. The problem is I dont remember much.

It was turn based fantasy, may have had city-building elements, or perhaps just conquer city tiles and build settlement tiles. There was a square grid. Two things I distinctly remember about it was that I researched how to prevent Cholera outbreaks in my territory and also researched, built and proceeded to dominate the AI with a War Balloon, which was a hot air balloon that could drop bombs on enemy tiles.

Sadly thats all I can really pull from memory. Does this jog any of yours?