Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm looking for a very old game I used to play on Android. Unfortunately I do not remember a lot of useful information, but here is what I can recall (things in italics are a maybe):

- It was top-down
- It was 2D
- It was pixelated
- It was fantasy-oriented (wizards in capes, magic, creatures, etc)
- It was on android
- It required an email signup to play
- It was multiplayer
- You could travel across regions/maps
- There was a leveling system
- You could explore dungeons/caves
- It had character customization or class selection
- You could play as a mage/wizard

That's all I can really remember that it had. Unfortunately I cannot give an accurate year for it, I'd honestly be guessing. Maybe something around 2013? But, don't rely on that too much.
If I'm given game titles I could possibly provide more information with what the game doesn't have. I'll also make sure to update this post if anything else comes to mind, but I doubt it.

Thank you all in advance!
Here's a list of games that partially match your description, specifically these should be top-down, android, fantasy RPGs.

Aspect

May 18, 2021
Country
Greece
Here's a list of games that partially match your description, specifically these should be top-down, android, fantasy RPGs.
I just went through all of those, and none of them are the one I'm looking for, unfortunately.
I also just remembered another detail - I think it featured some form of global game chat of sorts, not sure though.

Oct 8, 2023
Country
France
Hello everyone.

I'm requesting your assistance in order to find an old game i used to replay a lot when i was a teen during the 2010s. A friend of mine highly spoke of this forum as it helped him back in 2017 to remember many old games he used to play.

If my memory serves me well, this game is some kind of 3D adventurer with a cartoonish style and with various "regions" you progress through linearly following a certain story while encountering enemies you have to combat as well as parkour. Each "region" ended with some sort of bossfight. The character is animal-like.

Unfortunartly, i can only remember specific levels of this game.

There was certain level taking place underground with spaced tree houses connected through patches of clouds and when stepped on would disappear and make you fall and restart.This level was filled with floating enemies as well and had a dark atmosphere with vibrant colors.

Another level consisted of running towards the surface as lava started rising from the bottom. The level seemed like a spiral staircase, pausing the game from its third person perspective to that of a 2D platformer.

And there was one of the endgame levels taking place in some sort of outside cobblestone court next to water in which the character has to run away from a pirate ship that is targeting it, making the platforms successively break into the water. The camera angle makes it seem like it's a 2D platformer up until you escape, reverting back to a third person perspective.

I apologise if this description seems a bit vague.

I thank you all in advance.

LegoDnD

Jan 10, 2023
Country
United States of America
Rayman 2 features flying pirate ships.
Jak & Daxter has a spiral staircase with rising insta-death Dark Eco.

But I don't think either perfectly fits the criteria.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

I'm requesting your assistance in order to find an old game i used to replay a lot when i was a teen during the 2010s. A friend of mine highly spoke of this forum as it helped him back in 2017 to remember many old games he used to play.

If my memory serves me well, this game is some kind of 3D adventurer with a cartoonish style and with various "regions" you progress through linearly following a certain story while encountering enemies you have to combat as well as parkour. Each "region" ended with some sort of bossfight. The character is animal-like.

There was certain level taking place underground with spaced tree houses connected through patches of clouds and when stepped on would disappear and make you fall and restart.This level was filled with floating enemies as well and had a dark atmosphere with vibrant colors.

Another level consisted of running towards the surface as lava started rising from the bottom. The level seemed like a spiral staircase, pausing the game from its third person perspective to that of a 2D platformer.

And there was one of the endgame levels taking place in some sort of outside cobblestone court next to water in which the character has to run away from a pirate ship that is targeting it, making the platforms successively break into the water. The camera angle makes it seem like it's a 2D platformer up until you escape, reverting back to a third person perspective.

Do you remember which console you played it on, or if it was on PC?

Oct 8, 2023
Country
France
Rayman 2 features flying pirate ships.
Jak & Daxter has a spiral staircase with rising insta-death Dark Eco.

But I don't think either perfectly fits the criteria.
As you mentioned, they are not unfortunatly. However, they are pretty similar.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

Could it have been one of these?
Draggo
Jersey Devil
Kao the Kangaroo
Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2
Kao: Mystery of Volcano
LA Game Space: Experimental Game Pack 01
Nikita: The Mystery of the Hidden Treasure
Psychonauts
Tonic Trouble