Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm looking for a very old game I used to play on Android. Unfortunately I do not remember a lot of useful information, but here is what I can recall (things in italics are a maybe):

- It was top-down
- It was 2D
- It was pixelated
- It was fantasy-oriented (wizards in capes, magic, creatures, etc)
- It was on android
- It required an email signup to play
- It was multiplayer
- You could travel across regions/maps
- There was a leveling system
- You could explore dungeons/caves
- It had character customization or class selection
- You could play as a mage/wizard

That's all I can really remember that it had. Unfortunately I cannot give an accurate year for it, I'd honestly be guessing. Maybe something around 2013? But, don't rely on that too much.
If I'm given game titles I could possibly provide more information with what the game doesn't have. I'll also make sure to update this post if anything else comes to mind, but I doubt it.

Thank you all in advance!
Here's a list of games that partially match your description, specifically these should be top-down, android, fantasy RPGs.

Aspect

May 18, 2021
Country
Greece
Here's a list of games that partially match your description, specifically these should be top-down, android, fantasy RPGs.
I just went through all of those, and none of them are the one I'm looking for, unfortunately.
I also just remembered another detail - I think it featured some form of global game chat of sorts, not sure though.

Oct 8, 2023
Country
France
Hello everyone.

I'm requesting your assistance in order to find an old game i used to replay a lot when i was a teen during the 2010s. A friend of mine highly spoke of this forum as it helped him back in 2017 to remember many old games he used to play.

If my memory serves me well, this game is some kind of 3D adventurer with a cartoonish style and with various "regions" you progress through linearly following a certain story while encountering enemies you have to combat as well as parkour. Each "region" ended with some sort of bossfight. The character is animal-like.

Unfortunartly, i can only remember specific levels of this game.

There was certain level taking place underground with spaced tree houses connected through patches of clouds and when stepped on would disappear and make you fall and restart.This level was filled with floating enemies as well and had a dark atmosphere with vibrant colors.

Another level consisted of running towards the surface as lava started rising from the bottom. The level seemed like a spiral staircase, pausing the game from its third person perspective to that of a 2D platformer.

And there was one of the endgame levels taking place in some sort of outside cobblestone court next to water in which the character has to run away from a pirate ship that is targeting it, making the platforms successively break into the water. The camera angle makes it seem like it's a 2D platformer up until you escape, reverting back to a third person perspective.

I apologise if this description seems a bit vague.

I thank you all in advance.

LegoDnD

Jan 10, 2023
Country
United States of America
Rayman 2 features flying pirate ships.
Jak & Daxter has a spiral staircase with rising insta-death Dark Eco.

But I don't think either perfectly fits the criteria.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

I'm requesting your assistance in order to find an old game i used to replay a lot when i was a teen during the 2010s. A friend of mine highly spoke of this forum as it helped him back in 2017 to remember many old games he used to play.

If my memory serves me well, this game is some kind of 3D adventurer with a cartoonish style and with various "regions" you progress through linearly following a certain story while encountering enemies you have to combat as well as parkour. Each "region" ended with some sort of bossfight. The character is animal-like.

There was certain level taking place underground with spaced tree houses connected through patches of clouds and when stepped on would disappear and make you fall and restart.This level was filled with floating enemies as well and had a dark atmosphere with vibrant colors.

Another level consisted of running towards the surface as lava started rising from the bottom. The level seemed like a spiral staircase, pausing the game from its third person perspective to that of a 2D platformer.

And there was one of the endgame levels taking place in some sort of outside cobblestone court next to water in which the character has to run away from a pirate ship that is targeting it, making the platforms successively break into the water. The camera angle makes it seem like it's a 2D platformer up until you escape, reverting back to a third person perspective.

Do you remember which console you played it on, or if it was on PC?

Oct 8, 2023
Country
France
Rayman 2 features flying pirate ships.
Jak & Daxter has a spiral staircase with rising insta-death Dark Eco.

But I don't think either perfectly fits the criteria.
As you mentioned, they are not unfortunatly. However, they are pretty similar.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

Could it have been one of these?
Draggo
Jersey Devil
Kao the Kangaroo
Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2
Kao: Mystery of Volcano
LA Game Space: Experimental Game Pack 01
Nikita: The Mystery of the Hidden Treasure
Psychonauts
Tonic Trouble

Gamer5

Apr 15, 2021
so finally .. this forum is dead? final post was from november 16th 2023 ..
today is march 31st 2024 ..is this forum alive or is it gone? i'd like to ask for more games..

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
so finally .. this forum is dead? final post was from november 16th 2023 ..
today is march 31st 2024 ..is this forum alive or is it gone? i'd like to ask for more games..
Go for it.

Gamer5

Apr 15, 2021
1- okay it's something that looked like "candy crush" type of games, you swap pieces together and every time 4 or so line up, you get some kind of bonus.
the game is line up tower like, in your face a big table of symbols and whatnot, and right beneath the table, some NPCs mini people are walking from left to right, you have a time limit until .. your "worshipers" all leave.
you get to have multiple powers as the game goes on, you give people donuts to distract them, teddy bears, and whatnot, and once the level is over, a huge lightening strike attacks the table giving you lots of bonus points, the mini people suddenly get scared stop in their steps and start bowing to you in worship.
the game is from the early 2000s, judging from its very old graphics. it's on pc alone. and i believe i saw it while i was browsing a big collection with luxor in it, you know .. luxor from 2005? the game i am looking for, has some kind of ancient Egyptian gods vibe.
so yeah i believe that the game, i am looking for is from the early 2000s ..
any idea?

2- all i recall about it is....
pixelated art
point and click
you control a guy who visits a castle seeking a princess
and if you walk too much into the water you drown and die... then you are teleported into an underwater cave where you turn into a skeleton.
i can't recall anything else...
any idea?
yeah i used to die a lot; because i didn't know how to play it

3-
all i recall is i played a game maybe in the early 2000 ~ 2010, from bird's eye view, you play as mini cars that use turbo in a crazy race, and the one thing that stood in attention was, in the map there was a train if it touches your car, it explodes.
you had to jump a few jumps, and the overall game was very simple.

there you go all my requests so far

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
2- all i recall about it is....
pixelated art
point and click
you control a guy who visits a castle seeking a princess
and if you walk too much into the water you drown and die... then you are teleported into an underwater cave where you turn into a skeleton.
i can't recall anything else...
any idea?
yeah i used to die a lot; because i didn't know how to play it
Kinda sounds like Kings Quest. But it could also be Quest for Glory, although that one is only kinda point and click.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
1- okay it's something that looked like "candy crush" type of games, you swap pieces together and every time 4 or so line up, you get some kind of bonus.
the game is line up tower like, in your face a big table of symbols and whatnot, and right beneath the table, some NPCs mini people are walking from left to right, you have a time limit until .. your "worshipers" all leave.
you get to have multiple powers as the game goes on, you give people donuts to distract them, teddy bears, and whatnot, and once the level is over, a huge lightening strike attacks the table giving you lots of bonus points, the mini people suddenly get scared stop in their steps and start bowing to you in worship.
the game is from the early 2000s, judging from its very old graphics. it's on pc alone. and i believe i saw it while i was browsing a big collection with luxor in it, you know .. luxor from 2005? the game i am looking for, has some kind of ancient Egyptian gods vibe.
so yeah i believe that the game, i am looking for is from the early 2000s ..
any idea?
Sounds like one of the games in the 7 Wonders series.

Gamer5

Apr 15, 2021
Kinda sounds like Kings Quest. But it could also be Quest for Glory, although that one is only kinda point and click.
king quest / quest for glory? what year?

i recall once trying to point and click towards the game environment, and i ended up reaching a castle, where i was stopped by 2 guards whose faces looked more like dog faces, and the character i controlled asked to "see the princess" and was told she wasn't home yet.

Gamer5

Apr 15, 2021
Sounds like one of the games in the 7 Wonders series.
VERY SIMILAR gameplay .. but the game i'm looking for had a much darker theme, also in the "loading screen" had 2 statues of Anubis on on each side.
the idea of the game technically is that your "worshipers are leaving and you need to remind them of who you are!"
the NPCs are all pixelated humans more "like realistic" humans not catoonish
your goal is to quickly charge up your "divine power" before the worshipers' number drops to 0.
you get power ups with time to keep them a little longer on the screen before they lave.
upon finishing the stage, lightening strikes the entire board giving you bonus score and all the NPCs out of fear start prostrating towards the screen as if they are apologizing to their "god"
the game had much darker theme, and less cartoon like graphics.
but the board set up itself seems similar.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
king quest / quest for glory? what year?

i recall once trying to point and click towards the game environment, and i ended up reaching a castle, where i was stopped by 2 guards whose faces looked more like dog faces, and the character i controlled asked to "see the princess" and was told she wasn't home yet.
Well. both series are mainly from the 80s and 90s. But Kings Quest has had some newer ones released since then and I want to say a remaster here or there. Both of them are from Sierra online. I guess it could also be the original Goblins, but those are the main point and clicks I know of with actually character death for trying out things. I'll bet there are more European ones, but not many point and clicks really like to punish the player for trying out things, Kings Quest is the main one I know if with that same with Goblins. The first Goblins game where you had 3 characters you swapped between, the other ones didn't punish you for trying things out like that.