Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hello Worgen, thank you for the quick reply!
I have been fortunate enough to find the game after a while. I was trying to describe Lode Runner 2 from 1998, but I was vaguely remembering stuff about it.

Thank you once again and happy holidays!
Hmm, I had no idea this even existed, when you said lode runner 2, I was thinking the old old one.

Wildcard2020

Nov 10, 2020
Country
USA
I remember playing this back on windows 95 it was a game that came out around christmas I was a spider on a web it was very colorful and it featured sugar plum fairy christmas song in the background

Roli30

Dec 28, 2020
Country
Romania
Hello, i am searching for years for a game that i played in the year circa 1996-1998 , so i never found the actually game , but today i came acros a game called Quantum for Atari that was released in 1982 , but there is a PC version exactly like this game for Atari , but i dont know the name , ive been searching for it for like 10 years , but sadly i could not find it.

So in the game you direct a probe with the mouse to encircle the particles for points, and i remember that at the main screen was splited in 4 and you could choose wich level you want to play as i remember...

Here the game for Atari , so you can have an ideea( watch from minute mark 7) :
As i said i was searching high for this game many many years, but with no succes at all :(
So maybe someone played this but the pc version ?

Momo04

Jan 3, 2021
Country
Usa
This is a super long shot.. I don't remember much of this game. Its a PC game from the mid to late 90s or early 2000s.. it's a woman character you play, and it's based on an island forest type situation that is foggy and mysterious. It is a puzzle/clue quest type game.. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I seriously don't remember much it's bad.. I thought for a while it was myst (bc of the picture of the game case and title, but not exactly game play). I'm pretty certain it isn't myst. I feel like the title had mystic or something in it, but I don't know. I also feel like there were more than one game (like a series of games). I remember trees and fog. I wish I could remember more but that's all I got. Hopefully I can get something.. figured it was worth a shot. I remember it having good graphics, so maybe later in the 90s.. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This is a super long shot.. I don't remember much of this game. Its a PC game from the mid to late 90s or early 2000s.. it's a woman character you play, and it's based on an island forest type situation that is foggy and mysterious. It is a puzzle/clue quest type game.. I seriously don't remember much it's bad.. I thought for a while it was myst (bc of the picture of the game case and title, but not exactly game play). I'm pretty certain it isn't myst. I feel like the title had mystic or something in it, but I don't know. I also feel like there were more than one game (like a series of games). I remember trees and fog. I wish I could remember more but that's all I got. Hopefully I can get something.. figured it was worth a shot. I remember it having good graphics, so maybe later in the 90s..
Could it have been Riven?

Momo04

Jan 3, 2021
Country
Usa
No, it wasn't riven, none of the myst series looks right. I've tried to remember parts of it, I'm starting to think I've made it all up in my head. It's so vivid in my head, but impossible to explain. 😬

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
This is a super long shot.. I don't remember much of this game. Its a PC game from the mid to late 90s or early 2000s.. it's a woman character you play, and it's based on an island forest type situation that is foggy and mysterious. It is a puzzle/clue quest type game.. I seriously don't remember much it's bad.. I thought for a while it was myst (bc of the picture of the game case and title, but not exactly game play). I'm pretty certain it isn't myst. I feel like the title had mystic or something in it, but I don't know. I also feel like there were more than one game (like a series of games). I remember trees and fog. I wish I could remember more but that's all I got. Hopefully I can get something.. figured it was worth a shot. I remember it having good graphics, so maybe later in the 90s..
Could that have been either Syberia or The Longest Journey?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
No, it wasn't riven, none of the myst series looks right. I've tried to remember parts of it, I'm starting to think I've made it all up in my head. It's so vivid in my head, but impossible to explain. 😬
Did it have graphics like Myst IE the 3d type, did you see your character while you were walking or was it first person?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yes, I'm starting to think it was The Longest Journey! I just don't remember it having been a dream, I only remember the forest scenarios. But some of it looks vaguely familiar to me. Crazy how your memory remembers things so differently. Thanks!!
The longest journey can be had on steam for $4 currently.

Reactions: Dalisclock
Jan 11, 2021
I'm looking for a game where you play as a ball with rotating blades on top, and use said ball to make a wall to stop other balls from moving, it plays like an arcade, 3D-puzzle game.
i remember playing it on windows xp, but i'm unsure if it was for an older or newer windows os.

i thank you all in advance for helping me finding an old game.

vantablack

May 26, 2020
Country
Argentina
Hi people! Here's a game i'm trying to find for a while: It was a PS1 game, dont remember the year I first played it. The only thing I remember is that it was a terror game. I remember it was a first person game, where you were a girl running in the sewers, and you could hear her heart beats when running. The mecanics had something to do with those heart beats, i dont recall if you stop running from fatigue or something like that, and I supposed something was chasing you.
Can you help me with that? Thank you!

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hi people! Here's a game i'm trying to find for a while: It was a PS1 game, dont remember the year I first played it. The only thing I remember is that it was a terror game. I remember it was a first person game, where you were a girl running in the sewers, and you could hear her heart beats when running. The mecanics had something to do with those heart beats, i dont recall if you stop running from fatigue or something like that, and I supposed something was chasing you.
Can you help me with that? Thank you!
Could it be Hellnight?

Or maybe Echo Night?

AskToolbar

Jan 13, 2021
Country
Canada
Hiya! I'm trying to remember the name of a game; I've scoured the web for several months without luck so far.

Genre
The game is a 2D RTS with a space combat/colonization theme. It's somewhat like EV Nova but much earlier and far more simple.

Era
This was either a DOS game or early Windows (3.1 or 95?). I would have played it around the year 2000, but my family was not at the forefront of computing technology lol.

Look
Quite simple, mostly flat graphics. Very much in the time of lots of grey borders, windows, and rectangular buttons with sharp corners. I think the spaceship had three different coloured status bars: magenta, blue, and yellow. Yellow was related to resources, and blue and magenta were shields and energy?

Gameplay
Basically the game is a race to colonize the galaxy and wipe out everyone else. I believe there are four factions, including humans, each with a unique spaceship design. You fly your spaceship around to various quadrants (in real-time - there's no "jumping" between systems), and there are planets you can either mine, colonize, supply, or engage in trade. Some planets are empty, and others have alien species.

You could also buy weapons for the ship, including energy weapons and nukes if you want to wipe out a planet and colonize with your own species. I think planets could be friendly, neutral, or hostile depending on some randomness and how interacted you with them, which would change whether the planet would fire at you or let you trade. I also think you can collect income from your colonized planets, but also have to re-supply your colonies with resources.

Hopefully somebody knows what game I'm talking about. Thanks in advance!

Zylver8

Jan 16, 2021
Country
Chile
Hi, i'm looking for an old game (horror maybe), all I can remember is that it begins in front of a car accident and there is fire, then in other part you are in a old wooden house with ghosts.
Idk if it's for ps1 but it's from that era
I hope it rings a bell on someone

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Hi, i'm looking for an old game (horror maybe), all I can remember is that it begins in front of a car accident and there is fire, then in other part you are in a old wooden house with ghosts.
Idk if it's for ps1 but it's from that era
I hope it rings a bell on someone
Silent Hill?

Speedy025

Jan 22, 2021
Country
Germany
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for an old game I used to play on Windows 3.11. I think you played a robot an need to escape somesort of a maze. While doing so, you need to collect keys and also colorful points. Furthermore, there were some enemy robots you need to avoid or "blow up" by planting bombs.

I think most memorable was the "Aua" when the main character run against the wall of the maze, as well as the "Aaahhhhh" when you step into your own bomb.

Please help me out here :eek: