Old games you'd want to download

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
One of the lastest trends in console gaming is selling older generation games on an online store. So, what I would like to know is what games would you like added to Xbox Live, the Playstation Network, or whatever the Wii calls their store?

This is my list:
1. Albert Odyssey for the Sega Saturn. It was my 1st JRPG.
2. Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn. An excellent strategy game
3. Guardian Heroes for the Sega Saturn(I loved my Saturn). One of the best games ever!
4. Parasite Eve for the PSX. A unique and exemplary RPG
5. Any of the Darkstalkers games. With online play.

If someone has written a thread like this before, I apologize

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Golden Eye and Perfect Dark via The Wii Shop Channel.
But that won't happen since Microsoft owns Rare, but Nintendo owns the franchise and they aren't getting along :(

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
I think I wrote one quite similar to this...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.70206#684090

Regardless, I want them to re-release Abe's Oddysee with easier console controls on XBL. And put the damn Quicksave in it, this time!

JokerGrin

Jan 11, 2009
These are probably already out but I haven't looked, all for the Mega Drive/Genesis:

Splatterhouse 2
Golden Axe
Revenge of Shinobi
Gain Ground
Shadow Dancer

If some or all are available for download on the Wii or Xbox 360 I might consider purchase. I have the originals but all are worth at least two copies.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
Oddworld Series definitely and also I would like to try Dues Ex as you hear alot of good praise for it

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
JokerGrin said:
These are probably already out but I haven't looked, all for the Mega Drive/Genesis:

Splatterhouse 2
Golden Axe
Revenge of Shinobi
Gain Ground
Shadow Dancer

If some or all are available for download on the Wii or Xbox 360 I might consider purchase. I have the originals but all are worth at least two copies.
Isn't Golden Axe on XBL already? I'd love to see Splatterhouse on it, though.

lukey94 said:
Oddworld Series definitely and also I would like to try Dues Ex as you hear alot of good praise for it
Both of Abe's games are on Steam but the controls are a bit too complicated if you played the original console versions. It runs a LOT smoother though - which is also a bit disorientating if you were used to the old games.

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
Uncompetative said:
Goldeneye 007 for the N64 via Xbox LIVE would be good.
That reminded me to go buy an N64 off eBay. Thank you.
I might just get Goldeneye while I'm there, I suppose.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Curse of the Catacombs and the rest of the series.
Budo, the Art of Ninja Combat.
gorillas.bat (found it but can't run it on the version of DOS that comes with Vista).

I grew up on these games. I want them back.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
The banjo-kazooie games via wii shop channel, but, as was said, Microsoft owns Rare, so that's not gonna happen...

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
really, anything rare did on the 64 would be top notch. It is too bad that microsoft owns that company, so we will never see any of those games for virtual console or xbox live.

my list would include:

blast corps
goldeneye
banjo kazooie
dk 64
perfect dark

any of those gems would be top notch.

Ashkente

Jan 21, 2009
Suikoden and Suikoden II via XBL would be nice.
Of course, that would probably just invite the damned otakufappers to demand the other, horrible sequels to be ported too.

Garzo

Nov 26, 2008
Two Crude Dudes. Anyone remember it? Over the top tank throwing madness. Brilliant. Steroids FTW! Oh and NARC.