Old Games You've Had an Urge to Play Again Recently.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Aircross said:
Sim City 3000 Unlimted

Found the disc after ten years of losing it. Put the sucker in my computer, installed it, and enjoyed what Maxis was before EA ruined them.
Wow, I found my disk too the other day! Gonna reinstall once I've finished Mass Effect again.

OT: Spyro the Dragon on PS1. I pull it out every 6 months or so to kill an afternoon. I'm due another play again soon I think. One of my all time favourite games.

scarecrow350

Apr 4, 2010
Age of Mythology was my first proper game, i wasn't really into gaming before then
ive been trying to play it again but don't have the time

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
krazykidd said:
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
I have a list of "old games I want to play," but they're not "old games I want to play again" since I haven't started them yet. It mostly consists of PS2 Shin Megami Tensei and Disgaea.
krazykidd said:
I am currently play SMT: digital devil saga . Great game , but unfortunately it is easier than SMT: nocturne. But i like it , very dark .
Would you happen to know how the difficulty falls in relation to Persona 4 and Devil Survivor? I'm playing P4 and Devil Survivor while my brother is on P3. P4 is definitely the easiest of the three because it has more options and better mechanics than P3 and the AI isn't nearly as unforgiving as in DeSu. DeSu is actually pretty freakin' hard for a lot of reasons though. I started with P4 and I'm beginning to suspect that it falls on the easy side as far as MegaTen is concerned.
Well i have played a good numbber of SMT games, I am not an expert or anything , but for the ones i have played i will rank them in order of difficulty from hardest to easiest in my opinion.

SMT: Nocturn
Persona 1
SMT:Strange journey
Devil survivor
Digital devil saga 1
Persona 3
Persona 4

Now Persona 4 is obviously the easiest if the bunch, so much freedom is given to you in comparaison of the other games, Not to say that the game is piss easy , but compared to the others, it's a cake walk .

The only reason i put Devil survivor over Persona 3, is because it is a strategy game ( we are talking about the one on DS right? ) ,and you can easily screw yourself over in a game like that. Although i love the mechanics and the old school style of gameplay and the mix of strategy and turn base. But you can really hurt yourself is you aren't strategic, thus the learning/difficulty curve is a tad bit higher.

SMT: Nocturn i put on the top , because that in my opinion is the "Demon's souls " of Jrpg. If you do not know what you are doing, you will die, and you will lose a lot of progress. Hell Dante makes a cameo appearence in the game, as a demon hunter... and you are a demon ( well demi-fiend. ) This game is unforgiving. One mistake can cost you a game over screen . Incidentally this is the one i enjoyed the most, because i am a gaming masochist. Don't even think about playing this game on hard mode, unless you are ready to submit yourself to psychologically pain . I highly recomend this game to any JRPG fans that like tough games.

Now i have not played the other SMT games ... yet, but i am slowly but surely going through them.

Note that Persona 3 has the second hardest Secret boss out of the games i have mentionned ( Elizibeth ) . The hardest goes hands down to Lucifer from SMT:Nocturn ( hard mode obviously )
Nice to know. In that case, I'll have a nice time (trying) to beat them all. I'm planning on doing Nocturne next, incidentally.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
kortin said:
Griffon_Hawke179 said:
Neverwinter Nights and Dungeon Siege Legends of Aranna
KotOR
Warcraft III ... that didn't last long...
Rollercoaster Tycoon on occasion

Resident Evil 4 (it's old-ish)
You've managed to get Legends of Aranna working? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.

Powereaver said:
Ive been playing Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle again because i know i played it when it first came out but its just so fun im playing it again now.. plus i forget half of it :D
I've actually got the case right here on my desk. Along with Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Sly Cooper, and Dark Cloud. :D

Capitano Segnaposto said:
Kingdom Hearts.

Why? Its awesome, that's why.
Its in my multitude of PS2 JRPG's in my cupboard :p including Lucifers Call, Digital Devil Saga 1/2, Odin Sphere, The .Hack 4some, Dragon Quest 8 and so on.. 19 total

Good on ya. One of the best games I've played to date.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
currently going through Ultimate Doom, Heretic and Hexen
Hexen is cool, Ultimate Doom is as awesome as it was and will ever be, and Heretic can be pretty boring

also, idk if it counts, but I'm doing another run of Mass Effect, because why the fuck not, right?
this time as maleshep, for a change
behold the Hero of the Galaxy, Jeff Shepard

neversleep

Dec 4, 2009
psychonauts I will never stop loving every single character in that game

the sheer amount of creativity poured in every level just astounds me every time.

The playable dream sequence where the main character walks into a carriage that seems to be filled with static is my favourite bit. You walk in and you are in a void of static then suddenly the static turns solid and seems to get smaller until it's a cramped and you're stuck in it. So you start mashing buttons and you can punch the wall formed around you and it cracks open and it turns out you walk out of an egg in the next bit of the level.

I had to look for my jaw bone all over my room after that, not because my jaw dropped, but I ejected it out of my skull out of sheer amazement at the beautiful level design.

also the G-men http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erEytjmUM4A&feature=related

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
A few years ago I played Phantasy Star 2 again on the gba.
More recently I recalled Soul Blazer (snes) on one of these retro game threads. I can play it on my phone.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I really want to play Neverwinter Nights again. One of the most engaging experiences I've ever played, with a user-friendly toolset to boot. Sank hours into that during my (relative) youth. Think it's time to dust it down and fire it up again.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Blood Money. Absolution hasn't done anything for me save for pissing me off, so I want to go back and play through one of the few games that have made a lasting impact on me.

Same goes Saint's Row 2. SR3 was really disappointing, and there's really nothing like SR2.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
I always go back to Timesplitters: Future Perfect every once in a while. And the first two Age of Empires.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Dark cloud 1 and 2
A demo of dark cloud 1 came with my ps2. It was time-locked (no saving and it closed after 1 hour) but because I loved it so much I played it over and over and eventually I could almost finish the entire first chapter in that hour.
Recently (years later) I suddenly got the nostalgia itch so I set out to buy both. Turns out they're pretty rare. Eventually I found a copy of each on amazon but something went wrong with dark cloud 2 and I never got it :(

Heroes of might and magic 3
Played it eons ago, when it was actually a recent release.
Recently I got the nostalgia itch and tried the demo for the most recent heroes of might and magic (5 or 6, can't remember) But it just didn't have that same vibe as 3. After a little research it turned out many fans of the series felt exactly the same way about all the ones after 3, and suggested to just get 3. So I got it for like 4 bucks on GoG. It is exactly as great as I remembered it being.
I also remember that it was a pretty hard game when I was still a kid. So I was also really curious to see how much smarter I got since back than. Turns out I must have been a pretty smart kid because it's still dang hard!

Razoack

Jan 26, 2012
Smeatza said:
I always go back to Timesplitters: Future Perfect every once in a while.
I feel sorry for you, it's the worst one.

However, i do want to revisit Star Wars Battlefront again as well Star Wars Rogue Squadron.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
All of them, that's why I keep all my games now. I've been building my collection for two years now. I'm currently enthralled with the first Ratchet and Clank game again. I have to say, it might be the best.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Razoack said:
Smeatza said:
I always go back to Timesplitters: Future Perfect every once in a while.
I feel sorry for you, it's the worst one.

However, i do want to revisit Star Wars Battlefront again as well Star Wars Rogue Squadron.
I dunno- I personally think Future Perfect is the best. Yes, even better than 2. Out of interest, how would you rank the Rogue Squadron games?

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Well I just got done talking about it in another thread and now I want to play it: Star Wars Jedi Knight. Sadly I can't find my copy anywhere...

And someday I plan on going back through the Myst games. Though not sure when that will happen, so I wouldn't rush to call it recently...