Old Man falls on stairs

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

I'd have thought after the first 2 stumbles he'd have tried to take it a bit more slowly and carefully but I guess not.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
He's only a demonic hologram anyway, according to the latest qanon scriptures. So he should be fine? A demonic hologram is a pretty badass upgrade over the gurning curdled tomato face.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
He's only a demonic hologram anyway, according to the latest qanon scriptures. So he should be fine? A demonic hologram is a pretty badass upgrade over the gurning curdled tomato face.
I thought Trump was a literally demon or so some news agencies would have you believe?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I thought Trump was a literally demon or so some news agencies would have you believe?
The only ones ascribing theological implications to Trump were the evangelicals calling him "God's Chosen One." You'd know this if you spent even half as much time actually researching US politics that you do pretending to be knowledgeable about it. And no, reading the latest chan posts doesn't count...

Reactions: Hades and Buyetyen

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You know who we really need running the USA?

Donald Trump.

Now there's a man who knows how to walk down stairs without falling, even if he needs dainty little steps and gripping a railing for dear life to go down a modest incline ramp.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
He seemed to be running up the stairs for some reason. Maybe he had to go to the bathroom?

Either way, why is this important?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Because Iron is likely just copy-pasting topics from one of the chans (like Houseman used to).

As to why the political boards of the chans might be obsessed with it...

Ideas of "peak physique," "bodily perfection," and "genetic purity/supremacy" are deeply intertwined with strongman authoritarianism, proto-fascism, and fascism. It also leans into the veneration of "masculinity" and "strength" those ideologies are known for. There's a reason why despots love taking "shirtless photo doing manly activities" (see Putin and horseback riding) or spreading "sports perfection" stories (see Kim Jong Un and hole-in-one golfing).

In the minds of people who embrace or even flirt with beliefs like those above, a leader who has trouble with physical tasks or isn't in perfect condition is "weak" and not fit for being in charge. Biden falling on stairs "proves" everything they've been claiming about him. It's also why Trump, an unhealthy, obese, unathletic man who believed exercising lead to your body running out of energy, continuously lied about his physical health and his supporters regularly photoshopped his head onto athletic "Adonis-like" bodies as "memes."

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The only ones ascribing theological implications to Trump
Oh were they?

You'd know this if you spent even half as much time actually researching US politics that you do pretending to be knowledgeable about it.
So are you going to poof out of this thread again and come back to take a shot after another post of mine or are you actually going to stay and reply and pull the tired old "Oh those people doing it don't count because [intense goal post shifting begins]".

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You know who we really need running the USA?

Donald Trump.

Now there's a man who knows how to walk down stairs without falling, even if he needs dainty little steps and gripping a railing for dear life to go down a modest incline ramp.
Funny because a lot of people really did keep mocking him for taking it steady on stairs to make sure he didn't fall

He seemed to be running up the stairs for some reason. Maybe he had to go to the bathroom?

It's technically current events

Because Iron
Who the hell is Iron?

Ideas of "peak physique," "bodily perfection," and "genetic purity/supremacy" are deeply intertwined with strongman authoritarianism, proto-fascism, and fascism. It also leans into the veneration of "masculinity" and "strength" those ideologies are known for. There's a reason why despots love taking "shirtless photo doing manly activities" (see Putin and horseback riding) or spreading "sports perfection" stories (see Kim Jong Un and hole-in-one golfing).

In the minds of people who embrace or even flirt with beliefs like those above, a leader who has trouble with physical tasks or isn't in perfect condition is "weak" and not fit for being in charge. Biden falling on stairs "proves" everything they've been claiming about him. It's also why Trump, an unhealthy, obese, unathletic man who believed exercising lead to your body running out of energy, continuously lied about his physical health and his supporters regularly photoshopped his head onto athletic "Adonis-like" bodies as "memes."
Man it's funny to see you try and come up with all these inane reasons and not get it right.

Shall I tell you why I posted it?

Because it's technically news worthy but I don't find it really news worthy. You'd have realised that if you read the title and realised that yes old people falling on stairs happens and so I wasn't presenting it as "President's awful gaff as he falls on stairs" or " Biden shows failing health by falling multiple time" or some other such nonsense title.

But why would I post something I didn't think was newsworthy really?

To prove a bit of a point. Because we had a lot of threads about every little tiny thing Trump did or didn't and I thought maybe it would help bring a level of self awareness to some. Like Trump two handing glasses of water that people brought up before or Trump taking it slow on the slope.

Also Kim Jong Un stories aren't about being manly it's literally a propaganda and dis-enfranchisement technique because people are forced to publicly repeat the lie or face consequences thus it actually does make people less likely to express other negative views too or less likely to take action because they can't see anyone else not buying into the lie either and daring to say something could lead to them ending up in hot water.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Bad look for any president, super unfortunate. But it is also the kind of thing where you might just mess up your pace entirely and have to stand still to recover.

On a related point, the U.S. should really stop electing sexagenarians and septuagenarians to the highest office.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I could see myself doing that trying to hurry up stairs. Why was he trotting like that? The world may never know.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
I hope the president is okay. I have long felt that regardless of how one feels about the person currently occupying the office, it's prudent to wish/pray for their safety and wellbeing.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I hope the president is okay. I have long felt that regardless of how one feels about the person currently occupying the office, it's prudent to wish/pray for their safety and wellbeing.
Wishing the president good health?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Guy has more spring in his step than any person of his age that I know. Good on him for the quick recovery and moving on like before.

And now for the comment that this topic is fishing for;

Still better than lard ass Trump.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I've seen worse.

Still, you might wanna remember you're old Biden, stairs are unforgiving.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
While I do hate Biden, I won't deny I can relate, I'm pretty clumsy and I fall on stairs all the time and I'm not even old, it's more that I'm permanently distracted contemplating if we really exist or not and if we do if it holds any meaning or if we should ascribe it any meaning or why or what even is reality to begin with, look my mind never stops.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
While I do hate Biden, I won't deny I can relate, I'm pretty clumsy and I fall on stairs all the time and I'm not even old, it's more that I'm permanently distracted contemplating if we really exist or not and if we do if it holds any meaning or if we should ascribe it any meaning or why or what even is reality to begin with, look my mind never stops.
I also can relate to tripping and/or falling. The part that I have difficulty relating to is running up those stairs in the first place. I don't think I would try and run up somewhat narrow stairs with free fall to either side. I also don't think I'd run up any temporary, movable device lined up to a plane. I would 100% be climbing at a walking pace, and no faster.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I don't think I would try and run up somewhat narrow stairs with free fall to either side. I also don't think I'd run up any temporary, movable device lined up to a plane. I would 100% be climbing at a walking pace, and no faster.
And that's why you'll never be president. Bootstraps, lad!