Old Man falls on stairs

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Personally I'd not mock them for that even if they mocked others for being disabled. OTOH, I'd say they become fair game when then claim to be in good condition, but that's more about the lying.

Nobody expects the POTUS to strap up and hit the front lines or anything,
Nobody expects, or nobody should expect? Not quite the same thing. As well as various fictions where the PotUS is an action hero, Bush dressed up as a fighter pilot to address serving military personnel that one time.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Personally I'd not mock them for that even if they mocked others for being disabled. OTOH, I'd say they become fair game when then claim to be in good condition, but that's more about the lying.

Nobody expects, or nobody should expect? Not quite the same thing. As well as various fictions where the PotUS is an action hero, Bush dressed up as a fighter pilot to address serving military personnel that one time.
Yes true, nobody SHOULD expect, sorry I didn't make that clear I think. I just find it strange, and it's mostly just rooted in the cultural perception, that we judge someone's ability to do a job, based on their physical stature. Which I find incredibly idiotic, when the job has nothing to do with physical activity. And again, let me be clear, I'm not a fan, at ALL, of having geriatrics in positions of government, as it's common for mental issues to develop as well. I just don't enjoy, or approve of the news cycle, and social media focus on things like, the title of this thread. I mean it sums it up. All I can think is "Well, ok yeah? Of course an old man falls on stairs? I fucking fall on stairs and I'm only 45. I have a bad back, and developing a bad hip, and I've noticed for like 20 years now, that my ankle will sometimes just slip, especially if I'm on steps, causing me to stumble. Shit I fell down stairs in my 20s in a way that almost got me killed, and I wasn't even trying to be dramatic or cool about it. Why is this a big thing?"

Regarding the "being in good condition" I think that's a relative term, that a lot of people overlook. When they say "he/she is in good condition" the part that is always left off, for social niceties is "for their age bracket". Bottom line, the "good condition" for a person in their 70s-80s, is vastly below the baseline for a younger person. Things like motor functions and stability, are reduced, that's just part of the aging process. Sure there is variance, like with anything biological. But the likelihood of someone that age, having physical gaffs is pretty much a guaranteed thing. The problem is that they are now, due to their position, constantly being monitored by cameras, and scrutinized. When your grandma falls down and has a tumble, nobody really minds, aside from the immediate "are you ok?' because frankly, the world doesn't give a shit about your grandma.

I dunno just, I find it very distasteful that this is even a topic of debate or discussion.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Where? When? Who?

Maybe you're not understanding this: Whatever shithole chan/reddit board you frequent is not representative of real life.
No bothering with this because you've not bothered responding to the past however many times I I ended up rebutting your stuff.

Reactions: tstorm823

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
No bothering with this because you've not bothered responding to the past however many times I I ended up rebutting your stuff.
Because you're literally just making things up and/or uncritically regurgitating message board rumors 🤷‍♀️

edit: That was a bit unfair. Sometimes you do bring up things that are based in reality. It's usually entirely unrelated to the actual topic being discussed at that time though.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Because you're literally just making things up and/or uncritically regurgitating message board rumors 🤷‍♀️

edit: That was a bit unfair. Sometimes you do bring up things that are based in reality. It's usually entirely unrelated to the actual topic being discussed at that time though.
Or because people here can't take a silly joke every now and again..............

Hell you uncritically parrot things from messages boards / social media to try and rebuke something I said only the other day lol

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
It's usually entirely unrelated to the actual topic being discussed at that time though.
It's usually taking a random pop at some no-mark off the [censored] shitlist, because some people haven't managed to move on from their mega-whingefest even six years after it's dead and buried.

Reactions: Avnger

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It's usually taking a random pop at some no-mark off the [censored] shitlist, because some people haven't managed to move on from their mega-whingefest even six years after it's dead and buried.
hey not my problem the same grifters are trying new grifts and keep popping up again and again..........

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Biden's in that old man danger zone where he's pretty old and frail but not quite old and frail enough to dissuade him from acting like a younger, stronger person, so expect to see him fall over and injure himself repeatedly as his term wears on. Remember, this is the guy who spent some time before his inauguration wearing an orthopaedic boot because he broke his foot playing with his dog.

Reactions: MrCalavera