Older Games That If Done Right Should Be Remade.

ComradeJim270

Nov 24, 2007
TomK said:
I know its already being done but the original Halo. I dont even care about the graphics that much just XBL enable it so I dont have to crack out my laptop and get destroyed on on Xbox Connect. the problem im afraid their gonna mess it up, if they change Anything, from the physics of a thrown grenade to adding a tiny bit of accuracy to the AR, they will have totally ruined it. and if they put in that stupid melee auto-hit that got introduced in H2 I will snap the disk in half and still expect a refund.
I whole-heartedly disagree. If they don't do a serious redesign The Library, and some lesser redesigns on several of the other levels then they'll have completely failed to correct Halo CEs most serious flaw: the level design is god-awful at many points in the game. I'm not touching that game unless they address that issue.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Arcanum it hasa rich and varied world and would be well suited to a Fallout 3 style reboot I think. Would probably makes the iso fans explode in fury though.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Star Wars Battlefront/II
Morrowind

and the Baulders Gate series.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I don't want Soul Reaver remade. I want it FINISHED!

As for actual remakes, they should remake MediEvil 2, as they had done so with the first game.

evilomega13

Aug 20, 2008
KOTOR 2- give it more time than the first one (Again. Screw you LucasArts. *shakefist*), let Obsidian make the ending WORK...then give it to Bioware or Valve to get rid of the inevitable bugs.
Also, Planetscape: Torment- sort of. I've never played it. But I've only heard good things, and I would -really- like to try it, but it's so old I doubt I could run it and/or bear the graphics.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
I don't think I saw DOOM mentioned. The Classic Doom3 mod proved the concept (if you haven't tried it and still have you Doom3 discs lying around, DO IT, NOW!), now it needs a real, full release with all three episodes.

Oh, and turn the demons pink again mmkay?

I am kinda curious what Star Control II would be like with modern graphics and such, but on the other hand I think it might lose a lot of character in the transition. Maybe just bring it up to par with the 3DO version.

In the same vein but much older: Starflight. Don't even have to bring it up to modern times, just re-make it on par with Star Control II's 3DO version. That'd be awesome.

Duke Nukem 3D. It'd be way better than DNF. Sure there's sourceports and the Hi-Rez pack, but it could be so much better..

And finally, Herzog Zwei. This very early RTT might seem primitive to some, but I guarantee you it still has plenty of fans. Grab a Genesis emu and a rom of it and find out why. :p

Previous suggestions I agree with:
X-Wing/TIE Fighter series
Wing Commander series
Deus Ex
Syndicate
Cannon Fodder
Blood/Blood 2
System Shock 1/2

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
tie fighter.
and Jedi knight 2
and Baldurs gate 2, not even updated graphics but just full voice acting could be great.
also DAoC

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Timesplitters 2. I miss that game.

FFVII just because
FFIX lord please.

Ocarina of Time, proper remake not the DS version.

Shadow of the Colossus (well, duh)

and...Fallout 2.

HyperDalek

May 30, 2011
Jet Force Gemini for the N64. I still play it from time to time on my N64 (that still works after 14+ years) and would buy it if it was released for the 360 in HD and with a improvements.

Grotch Willis

May 10, 2011
eddyrhys said:
I forgot to put this at the top but a Shadow of the Colossus HD remake would be beautiful.
They are remaking ICO and Shadow of the Colossus in HD already, so your prayers are answered dude

thatcanadianguy

Feb 15, 2009
Doom. the first doom, and doom 2 with multiplayer support and the whole 9 yards.

no fetch quests, and god help them if they put in regenerative health..