Older Games That If Done Right Should Be Remade.

Farotsu

Dec 30, 2010
Freespace and Freespace 2. With a Dynasty-Tactics style tactical "story"-mode included!

A3sir

Mar 25, 2010
Goldeneye. Don't give me that wii crap, that wasn't what we want. Just take goldeneye from the 64, up the graphics, DO NOT ADD ANYTHING OR TAKE ANYTHING OUT, and release. I would buy that.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I second the nominations of Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Final Fantasy VII, and Majora's Mask. I wouldn't mind the old Fallout games released in a style similar to Fallout 3/New Vegas, but too much might be lost in that sort of convergence, something similar to the Dragon Age series would be more appropriate. FFVII is just begging for a modern HD remake, I could never get into the PS1 original. And, a 3D conversion similar to the one Ocarina of Time got would be cool for Majora's Mask.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Blood. Actually, I just want Blood released on the XBLA/PSN. I would get it from GOG, but my computer hates DOSbox.
I want to play it so badly, it just looks all around awesome.

JJTM

Nov 23, 2010
Casting a vote for a game not mentioned here.

Rocket Jockey

(also there are far too many good candidates to /thread on any one of them)

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
tombman888 said:
Rex Fallout said:
Legend of Dragoon.

Nuff said.
What this man said. That game was epic.
Yep.

And I'd like to put forth Crimson Skies as well. Perhaps the best flight combat game ever (space combat = different genre)

Pecoros7

Jun 13, 2008
Greenhand said:
Breath of Fire III.
I would love to agree whole-heartedly, but I don't see how it would benefit from a remake. Some of the graphics could be cleaned up, but it won't see much improvement. I would rather see Capcom make a new BoF game in that style (let's just pretend Dragon Quarter didn't happen).

OT: Legacy of the Wizard; a beautiful, sprawling 2-D dungeon crawler focused on exploration. The dungeon was massive and the environments were impressive for an NES title. It had creative puzzles that fit into the game's theme and physics rather than making me play an unrelated mini-game to open a door. Most of the magic items needed to progress in the dungeon fit well into gameplay rather than simply being used once to access the next room and then forgotten. It was well crafted all around.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
StarWars:Battlefront.

A shooter classic which I'd buy again in a heart-beat.

johnstamos

May 17, 2011
goldeneye was the original and all but perfect dark was just about everything from goldeneye overhauled the max. but seriously if either of them was remade not "reimagined" for 360 ps3 or pc, heck yes i would pay full price for either of them.

Charvale

May 17, 2008
AlexiVolkov said:
TIE Fighter

TIE Fighter

TIE Fighter

TIE Fighter

TIE Fighter
I fully concur, although X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter would be an awesome trio of games to bring out with new graphics, more missions, and above else, multiple endings!!!

Raesvelg

Oct 22, 2008
Master of Orion II
Pax Imperia.

Both of those games had sequels. Both of the sequels were awful and effectively killed their franchises.

Arcanum. Remake it, then make more of it.

I'm sure I could think of more, but frankly I'm feeling a mite lazy.

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
Blue_Devil13 said:
Gonna get it out of the way early since a bunch of people will probably say it, Final Fantasy VII
No. I vote for 6 instead. Played over half the series, and 6 is still my favorite.
Also, i will vouch for "any game" so long as it has a competent staff behind it.

TomK

Jun 21, 2011
I know its already being done but the original Halo. I dont even care about the graphics that much just XBL enable it so I dont have to crack out my laptop and get destroyed on on Xbox Connect. the problem im afraid their gonna mess it up, if they change Anything, from the physics of a thrown grenade to adding a tiny bit of accuracy to the AR, they will have totally ruined it. and if they put in that stupid melee auto-hit that got introduced in H2 I will snap the disk in half and still expect a refund.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
The original Fallout games.
Just get some updated graphics and prehaps make the maps a bit bigger you know couple buildings in the towns more and a dozen NPCs to make the place feel a bit more alive.
I mean even to this day F1&2 are superb games. Re-mastering them is like finding a suitcase full of cash.