Oldest game that you played recently.

Truth Cake

Aug 27, 2010
Skylare said:
played age of the empires the conquerors best of them in my opinion of the aoe series

briton owns all!!
I second that... except the briton comment, Japs all the way.

Oldest games I've played recently was a handful of games that I still have for the SNES about a week or so ago, oldest I think is The Combatribes which was released in 1992, I know because it's the year I was born, game's old as I am!

Oldest game I've played today is FF6 for the PS1, trying to solo Kefka's Tower as much as possible with just Relm, 'cuz she's awesome.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Started up Diablo II for a few hours the day before D3 was released. Apart from that I don't think I've played any old games in a long while.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I recently played the original Alone in the Dark, which came out in 1992. I can see why it's the grandfather of the Survival Horror genre (AKA my favorite genre). I was also pleasantly surprised; for 1992, the voice acting for most characters (Carnby in particular) was fairly decent, a trait that is hardly even seen in old games or horror games. I liked the Lovecraftian horror, and the gameplay was actually bearable, another thing horror games and old games tend to get wrong. It was definitely ahead of it's time. The sequels were fun, but not as good, I haven't played "The New Nightmare", and I'm playing the new one as of right now. It's... dissapointing to say the least. The worst thing about it is that it's so close to being amazing, but every time it gets near greatness it is quickly pulled away.

auron200004

Oct 12, 2010
Recently as in this month? Final Fantasy III(VI). Needless to say, it's an amazing game and stands up as my favorite RPG of all time still.

Recently as in this week? Dark Cloud for PS2. One of my favorite PS2 titles. Unfortunately, I am having difficulty locating my copy of the sequel (one of my favorite RPGs of all time, after FFIII of course). I pray that I didn't actually lose it.

cennsor

Mar 1, 2012
i've had a brief stint with age of mythology (2002) just a couple of weeks ago.

i guess i did it partly to get ready to come back to age of empires online (which i only recently restarted playing), partly just out of sheer nostalgia.

and yes, it still is a great game.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Half-Life, although it's technically the Source version. Other than that, I was playing a recently released mod for Deus Ex a few months ago.