On Racism...Londoners have an unpleasant time on a Tram...

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Broknhead said:
something being against the law means its harmful right? what damage does this cause anyone?
Eehh kinda, not always. Consider drink driving. Even if no one is harmed, it's still illegal.

Although honestly, I don't know. Maybe they're accounting for mental or emotional harm. I still stand completely behind the police on this, there's nothing positive about racism.

Broknhead

Oct 26, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Broknhead said:
something being against the law means its harmful right? what damage does this cause anyone?
Eehh kinda, not always. Consider drink driving. Even if no one is harmed, it's still illegal.

Although honestly, I don't know. Maybe they're accounting for mental or emotional harm. I still stand completely behind the police on this, there's nothing positive about racism.
drunk driving can harm someone. i shouldnt need to point out the difference between being an ignorant xenophobe and operating a motor vehicle impaired.

TAA sums up my thoughts pretty succinctly

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAmazingAtheist?feature=grec_index#p/u/12/tAsmNpCZsko

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
T... The youtube comments, they hurt my soul!
Really? Your comment about her dying a violent death is no better than the trash the Youtube comments section hold.

Nov 10, 2010
Actually, she has no right to say this in America. The United States Constitution doesn't protect hate speech, and though obscene speech is protected legally, is not acceptable in a public area. For such talk you can be cited for verbal assault, disturbing the peace, and disorderly conduct.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I don't feel bad for the people of other races, they are grownups who have probably experienced this dozens of times before.

I feel bad for that little kid.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Brawndo said:
lol @ OP moving to Australia or America to look for tolerance and equality

There are racist people everywhere.
True. I think we all like to imagine other countries are magically somehow better, but in the end most countries are all the same. England, America, Australia, I think we all have our racest pricks.. Tho I kinda feel like America gets too much of a bad rap about our pricks, simply because we are very open about our flaws (for everybody who hates America, just remember that probably half of America hates it even more)

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Broknhead said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Broknhead said:

drunk driving can harm someone. i shouldnt need to point out the difference between being an ignorant xenophobe and operating a motor vehicle impaired.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAmazingAtheist?feature=grec_index#p/u/12/tAsmNpCZsko
Yeah, it can. But in many of the cases where someone is arrested it hasn't. Some laws are more precautionary than others, consider the fact that racial harassment could provoke violence. You probably want to just calm down a little bit dude.

Yeah yeah, he's just saying all that's been said. It shouldn't be illegal, etc etc. But it is. Since I've tried to wrap this thing up but you're just continuing with snide comments, why don't you just leave it.

Broknhead

Oct 26, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
Broknhead said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Broknhead said:

Yeah, it can. But in many of the cases where someone is arrested it hasn't. Some laws are more precautionary than others, consider the fact that racial harassment could provoke violence. You probably want to just calm down a little bit dude.

Yeah yeah, he's just saying all that's been said. It shouldn't be illegal, etc etc. But it is. Since I've tried to wrap this thing up but you're just continuing with snide comments, why don't you just leave it.
calm down? snide comments? you really have to learn how to discuss differing view points. i made no snide comments, and I certainly am calm. i think you missed the point of that video, its not that "it should be legal" its that it does no harm. no one takes people with ignorant racist viewpoints seriously, and is a deterrent to other people being racist due to not wanting to look like this moron.