On Racism...Londoners have an unpleasant time on a Tram...

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Octogunspunk said:
I beg your pardon, I have studied Business and Economics at undergraduate level, and that doesn't wash with me. You may as well quit with the condescending approach.
Well excuuuuse me, princess, you're the one who entered the thread by saying that everyone who disagreed with you was a brainwashed moron.

I am curious though because I'm choosing universities now. Did you do econ/bus to undergraduate level, or at undergraduate level. I mean, did you do a degree in those subjects or just take a couple of modules as part of another degree? If the former: where and how was it?

The economic argument is a sham, at least in human terms. It's an excuse to import cheap labour; the only people who profit are unscrupulous business owners.
Stuff gets cheaper, too, so households benefit, and firms benefit from a higher return on investment.

Meanwhile, unemployment increases as the jobs market becomes overcrowded and impossibly competitive. The lowest rungs lose out the most. There is a strong argument to import skilled, educated workers to fill gaps in the more skilled professions, but when we have millions of unemployed young indigenous Britons, importing cheap low or unskilled immigrant labour, or for that matter unnecessary skilled workers who are not filling a skills gap, is nothing more than a kick to the teeth. "Economically beneficial" for who? Certainly not the average indigenous working classes or young people in general.
Your argument rests on a positive correlation between immigration and unemployment, which doesn't seem to exist:

Keep in mind the former graph is net migrations, not immigrations, so imagine it upside down I think. Either way there's not much of a correlation.

Source: [http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons/lib/research/rp99/rp99-111.pdf] The Government.

What actually seems to have happened is, as could be predicted, immigrants also consume, which decreases unemployment.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
LilithSlave said:
Octogunspunk, I don't have the same position as you here, but I respect our difference of opinion and I hope to stay friends with you. I'm not exactly sure what to say in this topic.

I would respectfully like to say though, that I do very much respect British culture and don't think that it should ever be threatened, much less supplanted, by any other. I also believe however that China does not necessarily belong to stereotypically Chinese or stereotypically "East Asian" looking people. In fact, I believe that for China's many strong points, there is a history of racism towards non-Han individuals and it is rather sad.

I'm not sure what all I feel about this subject, but I think that the ancestors of a country should be respected. I am also not so sure that arresting a woman on such grounds is the right thing to do.

I'm not sure that Kenya is a country that should remain black or belongs to black people. And if Kenya became a prosperous country that many people wanted to move to, and a black woman said that "you're not Kenyan, you're white", I would probably not be all that fond of said lady.
Thanks. I've lost friends over differences of opinion before, so I appreciate that.

I don't know everything about Chinese racial issues. It is such a large country and there are multiple indigenous peoples, which causes tensions. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that the "core" parts of China are predominantly Han, just as Tibet is predominantly Tibetan. If either race is threatening to demographically displace the other, I believe that both have a right to preserve their racial majority in their homelands. Obviously this will prove controversial with the continued Han Chinese dominance and cultural and ethnic colonisation of Tibet. Yet it should make people think, in fact. Is it fair for Han Chinese to move en masse to Tibet to the point of outnumbering the indigenous occupants?

I know that racial demographics can and do change massively over centuries; yet this sort of rapid change is destructive to civilizations.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Octogunspunk said:
I'm sorry, what's so "racist" about recognising that Britain is a White country and wanting it to stay that way?
Just that. Well, maybe not technically racist; while it's likely those ideas are born of a belief in the superiority of your own race, I can't assume that. But what it is, is xenophobic. Which is still very much not cool.
Octogunspunk said:
Is it racist to say that Kenya belongs to Black people
Yes, very much so.

Octogunspunk said:
or that China is first and foremost Oriental Chinese?
Now you're getting it!

Look, excluding people from your country because you think that them being different will somehow "taint" your culture is a bad thing. If someone wants to live somewhere else, and intends to abide by the laws of their new country, to immigrate legally, and to contribute to society, then they have every right to do just that. Saying that you don't want them because you think they look funny is wrong. No exceptions.

Vasioth

Oct 23, 2009
Octo, I'm rather intrigued by whence you stumbled across your array of knowledge when it comes to Marxism and politics in Britain. Don't get me wrong, some of what you said was good, if some of it totally unoriginal and lacking thought - especially on that whole Cultural Marxism episode you spoke highly of as an example of 'coining' the term racism as un-eponymous to itself.

I'd like a list of what books were you reading when you wanted to place that mask of culminated artificial knowledge on that face of yours. Your thoughts are as dangerous as a proletarian wearing the mask of an academic and trying to give a history lesson on politics, socioeconomic's and morality.

"As long as they stay minorities which cannot influence UK politics or attempt to impose their own cultural + racial values upon the British, English, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish people."

God-bless those with the skin-tone of Whitenss then. Imagine it, our generation when it comes there turn into politics can bask in nationalism. We'll create our own Cercle Marxiste. We will go under the codename's of 'The True Nationalists' like Pol Pot went under the name 'The Original Cambodian'. We will be radical, by God we will. We can even set up our own concentration camps when those 'minorities' never stayed that way.

Meanwhile, my angst-ridden mind which screams obnoxious will go masturbate profusely.

OldGus

Feb 1, 2011
Vanguard_Ex said:
My mother was born in America, simple. I don't usually hear ethnicity being wittled down to individual states so sorry if I've touched a nerve or something. However it isn't wrong to say American ethnicity.

Wait, I just said White isn't an ethnicity. My mind is in too many places at once, disregard the fuck out of that.
Ethnicity, or ethnic group, is different from race, and can be separated by country, among other things.
Volf99 said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, just confused because to say that your ethnically American doesn't make sense unless you mean Native American. It's like saying your ethnicity is European, which wouldn't make sense because there is no single group of people or country called Europe, but there is a region called Europe.
Other things ethnic groups can be separated by: common language and traditions, culture, heritage, religion. So, the Amish, for example, are a separate and distinct ethnic group.

Anyone not from America uses American to refer to American citizens, or people from America. It's not like in America where we have to qualify almost everything, and are constantly reminded that the Native Americans were here first. Just like in America we don't say Bavarian, or Norman, or Basque, or Hui, or Muong, or Breton, in other countries, they don't say African American, or Southerner, or Californian, or Navajo.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
Tharwen said:
There are trams in London? Since when? Why didn't I notice?
They're down in Croydon. There are links to commuter rail lines and the west end of the tram system connects to the District Line of the tube at Wimbledon, but for the most part you'll never use it unless you live in the area or don't have a car but need to get to the Croydon IKEA.

OldGus

Feb 1, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
MelasZepheos said:
Londoners have an unpleasant time on a Tram...

New wave of Escapists reveal suprisingly racist side.

Got rather disheartened reading the other thread, so many people seemed to either be agreeing with her, or at least saying that she should be absolutely allowed to say what she wants.

If you really think that's acceptable, then I think you're a fucking idiot who should have been executed at birth so as to not pollute the human genome any further.

Oh I'm sorry, did I offend you? Well according to what you yourself have just said I'm fully allowed to say it and you're not allowed to take offence.
*Slow clap*

Oh good, my slowclap processor made it into this thing.

It's a bit extreme to say all that, I reckon. We could always turn Antarctica into what Australia was and send all the bigots/violent criminals there. Problem solves itself! And it's semi-humane to boot. It'll be like what Russia did with Siberia until the 1700's.
But what about the scientists? The bigots will kill them! They're globally diverse!

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Vanguard_Ex said:
There's another thread on this but I'll say here what I've said there:
She thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour, and she is disgusting for it.
Also, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her. So no one even try the freedom bullshit.
No one in their right mind would try pulling the First Amendment out (yes, I know this takes place in Britain, but I'm a silly American, okay?). Hate speech is not protected under any law, including the Constitution.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Macgyvercas said:
No one in their right mind would try pulling the First Amendment out (yes, I know this takes place in Britain, but I'm a silly American, okay?). Hate speech is not protected under any law, including the Constitution.
In America, hate speech IS protected by the Constitution. Fred Phelps isn't running around with his "God Hates Fags" message for nothing.

This case would be dubious under US law. It'd be hard to argue even incitement or "fighting words" on this.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Macgyvercas said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour, and she is disgusting for it.
Also, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her. So no one even try the freedom bullshit.
I wish. The amount of people that try to argue this from all different angles using FoS. It's like they can't get through a door so they just try kicking it in different places.
Thank you for giving me some hope to wrap up my night.

OldGus

Feb 1, 2011
Macgyvercas said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disturbing_the_peace . Definitely, definitely qualifies as deliberate distributing of the pieces.

And to everyone else saying this is free speech... Yes, in America, you have the right to speak freely. However, with it comes two responsibilities. First, you are responsible for what you say, so when you get completely trashed and get punched in the face for calling someone's mother a dirty, filthy, two-faced, lily-livered banking CEO, that's your fault you got punched, not someone imposing on your right to free speech. Second, when someone uses their right to do something incredibly wrong, like try to cause unrest and possibly a fight with more than half of a railway car while hiding behind a toddler, you have the responsibility to make sure its corrected. And believe me, if you don't think telling a dead-loyal citizen who loves and supports the country they call their home and were almost certainly born into that they have to "go home" because of their skin, or where their ancestors came from is fighting words, then those "bloody foreigners" have a stronger sense of nationalism than you ever will.

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Guy 1: FRREEEEEDOOOOMMMM!!! of speech?

Guy 2: A racist *****, AAAAAH! Oh no! Holy shit, we found a witch. May we burn her? FUCKINGRACISTBITCH.

No but seriously, who gives two shits? Every single time there's a racist bit on this site everybody's all up in arms, calling for blood (usually not literally) and demanding retribution.

But why? Bitching on the internet will accomplish exactly nothing so it's not like anything gets done. Is it just a way for you to feel better about your own shortcomings?
"I may cheat on my girlfriend but at least I don't call black people ****** to their face."

Is that it? Or is there something I'm missing?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Vanguard_Ex said:
Macgyvercas said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
I wish. The amount of people that try to argue this from all different angles using FoS. It's like they can't get through a door so they just try kicking it in different places.
Thank you for giving me some hope to wrap up my night.
I suppose one could make the argument that the speech in question is obscene (which is 100% NOT covered by FoS).

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
I love the bigots you guys have against the Polish, it's so retro. Reminds me of flappers and the good ole days. After World War II the US started moving toward white as being a unified identity, and stopped caring so much about whether you were a Scot or Irish, as long as you weren't Dutch. Dutch people are just weird.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
OldGus said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
My mother was born in America, simple. I don't usually hear ethnicity being wittled down to individual states so sorry if I've touched a nerve or something. However it isn't wrong to say American ethnicity.

Wait, I just said White isn't an ethnicity. My mind is in too many places at once, disregard the fuck out of that.
Ethnicity, or ethnic group, is different from race, and can be separated by country, among other things.
Volf99 said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, just confused because to say that your ethnically American doesn't make sense unless you mean Native American. It's like saying your ethnicity is European, which wouldn't make sense because there is no single group of people or country called Europe, but there is a region called Europe.
Other things ethnic groups can be separated by: common language and traditions, culture, heritage, religion. So, the Amish, for example, are a separate and distinct ethnic group.

Anyone not from America uses American to refer to American citizens, or people from America. It's not like in America where we have to qualify almost everything, and are constantly reminded that the Native Americans were here first. Just like in America we don't say Bavarian, or Norman, or Basque, or Hui, or Muong, or Breton, in other countries, they don't say African American, or Southerner, or Californian, or Navajo.
My point is that there is no ethnicity called "American". So I don't know what Europeans mean when they say that. I'm not asking about region, (Californian, Southerner), I'm asking about Ethnicity (Navajo, German, Chinese, Egyptian).

Mar 26, 2008
Dags90 said:
I love the bigots you guys have against the Polish, it's so retro. Reminds me of flappers and the good ole days. After World War II started moving toward white as a unified identity, and stopped caring so much about whether you were a Scot or Irish, as long as you weren't Dutch. Dutch people are just weird.
There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the bloody Dutch.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Buzz Killington said:
Tharwen said:
There are trams in London? Since when? Why didn't I notice?
They're down in Croydon. There are links to commuter rail lines and the west end of the tram system connects to the District Line of the tube at Wimbledon, but for the most part you'll never use it unless you live in the area or don't have a car but need to get to the Croydon IKEA.
Ah, OK. I suppose that explains why I've never even seen them.

OldGus

Feb 1, 2011
Volf99 said:
OldGus said:
Volf99 said:

My point is that there is no ethnicity called "American". So I don't know what Europeans mean when they say that. I'm not asking about region, (Californian, Southerner), I'm asking about Ethnicity (Navajo, German, Chinese, Egyptian).
Here. Easiest answer for you for an American Ethnicity is Expatriata Americana (real recognized ethnic group for Americans outside of American.) I can give a more detailed answer if you want, but have thought it might be simpler to be simpler.

Check this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_ethnic_groups Out of curiosity, how is it that Canadian is officially an ethnic group, but not American or Australian? I know it's not just us Americans not being one easy-to-identify race.

And if what you really want is more detail, since all colonials came from some other group (logic!), just ask politely where his dad's family is from. He'll give you more detail.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I think there's already a thread on this, but I'd tell her to fuck off. Or punch her out.

...What? Nobody would complain if I did!