One Million Kinects Sold in Just Ten Days

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Move, get out the way!

Well, I wish I had one, Dance Central is awesome. I would go as far as saying it's "Hella Good."

Some of the stuff people are doing with it on PC is pretty cool.
I'd say it's not just an "Eye Toy Deluxe."

DynamicPenguin

Mar 11, 2009
Well I've always said I'd rather like something then hate something, its more fun to enjoy things then it is to be angered by them after all. Who knows, maybe I'll give Kinect a try, I can't see it being used for hardcore stuff, but not all Casual is bad. I mean hell look at Tetris.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
DynamicPenguin said:
Well I've always said I'd rather like something then hate something, its more fun to enjoy things then it is to be angered by them after all. Who knows, maybe I'll give Kinect a try, I can't see it being used for hardcore stuff, but not all Casual is bad. I mean hell look at Tetris.
Dude, trust me, when playing with friends, Tetris can get pretty hardcore, especially if it's Tetris DS.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Sober Thal said:
bismarck55 said:
Sober Thal said:
It's an impressive piece of hardware.

Congrats Microsoft, let us all laugh at the nonbelievers.
No it's not. it's Eye-Toy deluxe.
What's an Eye-Toy?

NONBELIEVER!!!!

HAHAHA!

Seriously tho, it's still impressive, 1 million in 10 days, do the math.
Wow, I'm 16 and I know what an eye-toy is... Now I feel old... Also, 1 million in 10 days is like 100,000 a day. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that much.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I hope to God this piece of garbage crashes and burns. The less motion control crap we have to deal with, the better if you ask me.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
Responses that I was expecting before reading the comments.

*cough*

"Why are people so dumb for buying this piece of turd!? Don't people see how terrible it is? It deservers to be left on shelfs to rot along side COD: Black Ops and Halo: Reach! People are so dumb!"

It looks like that my prediction was correct.

*edited for a sourpuss*

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
God damnit.

Now they are gonna think its necessary to put in popular genres like CoD and Halo.
God forbid Valve jumps on this train of thought.

"Half Life 3, Move edition"

OT: Well it sure looks like we're in for a lot of terrible games. Damn.

*looks at controller*

I'm just going to keep living in 2005.

Zero_ctrl

Feb 26, 2009
Good for them.
I'll stick with my controller, but really, I'm curious to see a combination of Kinect and controller.
(It was mentioned somewhere, perhaps in the news section?)

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
I don't buy it. I don't know anyone who has bought a Kinect, and THEY don't know anyone who has bought a Kinect.

Call me paranoid, but I think Microsoft is just covering their little mistake.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
[quote="Jumplion" post="7.245225.8957304"
However, another part of me (the fanboy part I guess?) wants Kinect to fail just to tell Microsoft to shove it. They really have no idea how they're approaching the Kinect, with few if any "hardcore" games being announced, let alone released for it, and aren't pushing the true potential of the hardware.[/quote]

Actually, I would say that the lack of a large number of hardcore titles announced so far shows that MS knows exactly how they are approaching Kinect. It may not be scratching your particular itch, but by focusing on simpler, family fun style games instead of shoving Kinect support into every 360 title that gets shipped out MS is obviously focusing on both expanding the 360 player base and showing off what Kinect does best right now. Once developers have had more time to focus on integrating Kinect properly into more standard game types then I don't doubt MS will begin a real "Kinect for hardcore gaming" push.

I would guess we're going to see the reveal of a hardcore Kinect in the spring and wide Kinect support in more traditional games will be the focus of next year's E3. It will be interesting to see at that point just how well Kinect does handle more hardcore ideas, success or failure.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Fills me with glee to see the luddites crying about its success. I feel like writing a series on where next gen gaming is gonna go perhaps after finals. Motion and 3d are where its going btw lol.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Well at least this huge investment wasn't a major freakin flop. I mean, if this had failed right out the gate, the games industry would've been hit really hard financially. This includes the Move as well.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
It's funny how this little camera being even remotely successful pisses off certain people so easily.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
SomethingAmazing said:
Lullabye said:
Well at least this huge investment wasn't a major freakin flop. I mean, if this had failed right out the gate, the games industry would've been hit really hard financially. This includes the Move as well.
You know, the video gaming industry isn't just one company. There are a large variety of companies who can take over.
But i like the companies we have now.
I HATE CHANGE! IT SCARES ME!