One Million Kinects Sold in Just Ten Days

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
maddawg IAJI said:
That's not a bad number honestly. Its nothing major sure, but for a console add-on that was a major risk, it isn't bad. But it doesn't matter how fast you run out of the box, but how fast you finish. Move and Kinect still have a long way to go.
Are you kidding? Nothing major?

And I can't help but laugh at all the sour grapes folks in this thread.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
SomethingAmazing said:
Broken Orange said:
Responses that I am expecting.

*cough*

"Why are people so dumb for buying this piece of turd!? Don't people see how terrible it is? It deservers to be left on shelfs to rot along side COD: Black Ops and Halo: Reach! People are so dumb!"

I wonder how accurate my prediction will be.
Your ability to predict what already happened is superb.
Maybe I should've said something how that was my thought before reading the comments.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
tehroc said:
So far I'm having fun with it. If the hardcores wanna cry about it, Dance Central is every bit as hardcore as any FPS.
You lucky bastard. Dance Central is so friggin fun. I'm considering buying Kinect to play Dance Central, and the promise of Project Draco and Steel Battalion.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
SomethingAmazing said:
bismarck55 said:
I did too.

This is just the wrong direction for games to go in. And since this is a raving success, no doubt everyone is going to copy this abomination and continue this awful trend of waving your body all over the place to play games.
Why can't games just evolve some games for sit down fun using a controller and other for jumping around all over the place with your friends or things like that.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
Lots of haters here.
Just because someone likes something you don't (Especially when it comes to consumer electronics) doesn't mean they are stupid or whatever. It just means they have different tastes. Like the 10 people with Zunes.

ZomgSharkz

Aug 4, 2008
Holy Crap! Kinect came out!?!??!?!?! Shows how much I pay attention....CAPTAIN OBLIVIOUS! AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Towowo2

Feb 6, 2009
I don't get the hate on motion controllers. Just because it wasn't done right the first time it automatically means a failure? Also if our input methods don't change there will be stagnation of new gaming concepts.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
You know, I wonder how many people are just buying them to "jailbreak" them to follow in the footsteps of the Adafruit community. Once prices go down and my income goes up, I will be doing exactly that.

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
hmmm maybe just maybe everyone who wants one has already bought it and it will drop like a rock.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Please succeed, use this technology for good.

It's going to get worse before it get's better.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Jumplion said:
Like I've said before, I'm torn between wanting Kinect to succeed and fail.

One part of me wants it to succeed on it's technical merit. Kinect is a very interesting piece of technology that has many potential possibilities hidden within it.

However, another part of me (the fanboy part I guess?) wants Kinect to fail just to tell Microsoft to shove it. They really have no idea how they're approaching the Kinect, with few if any "hardcore" games being announced, let alone released for it, and aren't pushing the true potential of the hardware.

Regardless, I guess I'll just conglaturate Microsoft for this. A million in 10 days is nothing to scoff at, so let's see if they'll hit that 5 million.
i feel the same way... i dont really want it to fail entirely because a lot of hard working people created the thing.

but i kinda want it to fail in some way so that MS will pull their heads out of their asses and remember who their fans up to this point have been: hardcore gamers

Shale_Dirk

Mar 23, 2010
I will reiterate a point I brought up the week leading up to the release of Kinect.

The only reason Kinect had such massive sales for the release period is the Wii-esque publicity they bought, and because they blacked-out all reviews of the peripheral and software until the day of the midnight release. People now know that it 'kinda works' and has some potential, but that the list of games that work/are fun is fairly short.

Reviews are out, people are now getting educated, sales will dwindle, Microsoft will not sell enough to pay back the $500,000,000 they dropped (roughly 5.5 mil, btw), and all the while Microsoft will smile and pretend that it was a success.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Good then hopefully the console war will end and people can stop bitching and just buy one sodding machine and everyone be happy

[/dreams]

Well done Microsoft, I will be keeping an eye on the sales figures for this