One Million Moms Boycotts "Perverted" Muppets Series

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
hentropy said:
The worst thing about The Muppets have always been the sick and perverted on-again-off-again interspecies relationship between a swamp frog and a wholesome farm pig. They're not even part of the same scientific class of creature! I know we usually say that science is the devil, but in this case it simply proves the point The Muppets have always been subversive to good, Protestant-American values.
If anything it just proves that love, TRUE love, can transcend barriers like species.
That's something more common these days than you'd think.
More mainstream for that matter too.
Just look at David Cameron.
He's been into 'pork buns' for years, it seems.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Mikeybb said:
hentropy said:
The worst thing about The Muppets have always been the sick and perverted on-again-off-again interspecies relationship between a swamp frog and a wholesome farm pig. They're not even part of the same scientific class of creature! I know we usually say that science is the devil, but in this case it simply proves the point The Muppets have always been subversive to good, Protestant-American values.
If anything it just proves that love, TRUE love, can transcend barriers like species.
That's something more common these days than you'd think.
More mainstream for that matter too.
Just look at David Cameron.
He's been into 'pork buns' for years, it seems.
That just proves it's European decadence meant to corrupt pure American minds

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Not watched The Muppets in a long while, but from what i remember their was always adult humour in it. Lots of double meanings to jokes that kids wouldnt get. But adults would. These people need to get over themselves, just because they dont like something they should just not watch it. Not force their offense onto others.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
What that organization that's actually a few thousand of bored ass house wives with their priorities so screwed up all they do is spend time coddling their spawn from the evils of reality.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Many parents unknowingly will let their children watch an episode only to find out its perverted nature too late, unless they are alerted ahead of time," the statement continues. "Meanwhile, parents will have to explain to confused children that the program they once were allowed to watch is no longer a nice show. This would have been completely unnecessary if ABC had made the program follow its original family-friendly design.
I'm sorry, are they flat out bitching that they have to parent their children? Bitching about making it necessary for you to talk to your kids? That it even needed to be made necessary at all?

Nope, I can't do it anymore. This shit writes itself.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
"The Muppets are finally back on television, but One Million Moms doesn't find them to be family-friendly anymore."
I'm sorry, but did they watch the original Muppet Show? There was always adult humor present.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Just like every day life, no one listens to mom..... for good reason this time around.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So how does being a mom make them think they know jack shit about what child should or should not see (yes raising your child is one thing but to impose your moral onto a different group is a different thing)!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
JLF said:
What are the "One Million moms" advocated values? Or is it more about the fear of change? (Fun google fact the term is Metathesiophobia)
Ostensibly they're a group for "wholesome" values in entertainment and lifestyle. In reality, they're a bunch of lazy parents who'd rather that Johnny and Janie never, ever hear about sex until their 18th birthday, at which they will magically become well-adjusted adults without any of those embarassing, uncomfortable "talks".

Gearhart

Sep 11, 2012
Oh Lawd have mercy!!1! Sexual content in my children's shows?! That never happened when I was a child!

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Hah, really? I can think of a few scenes they can watch from "family friendly" 70s Muppets.

-Someone on the show (maybe Kermit or Fozzie) called Raquel Welch "sexy" when she had her guest spot. BONUS: Have a Raquel Welch dance number where she's in a dress featuring a fair amount of cleavage. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fGQRnEvhfA]

-Kermit calls Linda Ronstadt "a foxy lady" in front of a jealous Miss Piggy

-Elton John at his Elton John-iest [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL3mYAsEp9g]. By no means "smut" but OMM I know isn't ok with the gays.

-Alice Cooper doing his thing on the show [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz0lXNNkqac]. One of my personal favourites, actually. A kid would have a blast with Alice Cooper's show, but perhaps one of the less "wholesome" episodes. If I remember right, I think Piggy had the hots for him too.

-Didn't Charles Grodin point a gun (like, an actual legit-looking gun) at the Muppets while holding Kermit hostage? Why yes, yes he did. [http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/65/GMC_SW36_02.jpg/600px-GMC_SW36_02.jpg]

-Kermit: Dat ass tho! [https://youtu.be/m-WAhdvygpE?t=3m26s]

And those are the ones I remember. I know for a fact there are more scattered across The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and other Jim Henson properties. Though to give them credit, I thought they were going to comment on how God won't permit the pairing of bear and woman.

Also love how being "a pro-choice feminist" is wrong, and yet they don't comment on Kermit being the victim of spousal abuse for decades.

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
Can we all just agree that "One Million Moms" is probably just 50 annoying moms, perhaps some of them not actually moms, who sent around an email sign-up that means nothing? Like, do we really need to note that these imbeciles exist? Are they actually worthy of being mentioned?

Sep 13, 2009
hermes200 said:
... because ONE woman (One < One million), had problems with it. She wasn't even that prominent, not a politician or a public figure.
Note that 48,000 is also less than a million, which happens to be the number of members in One Million Moms

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Oh man, you know 80's nostalgia has gone too far when we are bringing back the Moral Majority. Jerry Falwell's bloated corpse would be so proud someone is continuing his legacy... -_-

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Anyone else wanna actually discuss how the premier was absolutely fantastic?

It's nothing groundbreaking, but it got me laughing pretty well and I enjoyed almost every minute. Barely any falling flat moments, some really good one liners (My life is a bacon wrapped hell on earth) and so many double meanings in the script, I couldn't get enough of it.

ABC is slowly returning to being my favorite of the basic cable networks shockingly enough.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
I'd like to thank 1 million moms for removing themselves from the demographic, the show will no longer need to attempt to cater to them.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
BreakfastMan said:
Oh man, you know 80's nostalgia has gone too far when we are bringing back the Moral Majority. Jerry Falwell's bloated corpse would be so proud someone is continuing his legacy... -_-
In that case, wouldn't Archie be that point?

OMM protested them long before they went after Muppets.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Can people like this just stop being stupid? I'm a christian and if you had to put me somewhere on the "political spectrum" whatever that means I guess you could call me right-wing, but holy fucking shit, Jesus would be rolling in his grave if he still had one...

You are making christians that are actually trying to show our religion by spreading positivity look like insane cultists...now please excuse me while I go and see if I can persuade my boss to wipe them and their idiotic idea's from existence...