One Million Moms Boycotts "Perverted" Muppets Series

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
This is a group that claimed a skittles commercial promoted bestiality. Only pay attention to them for the cheap laughs at human stupidity.

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
Kotaro said:
"The Muppets are finally back on television, but One Million Moms doesn't find them to be family-friendly anymore."
I'm sorry, but did they watch the original Muppet Show? There was always adult humor present.
More like have they ever watched ANY main kids cartoons/shows?

Most of those shows tend to have adult-oriented jokes tossed in for the parents watching it with their kids.

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
Never got why people liked the Muppet to begin with, so no issue with me.

Wished they'd been buried in the 70s with almost everything from that decade.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Redd the Sock said:
This is a group that claimed a skittles commercial promoted bestiality. Only pay attention to them for the cheap laughs at human stupidity.
Wait, what? When did they do this?

I know they were upset about a GEICO commercial but skittles?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Is there something that 1 million moms doesnt find abhorent? If there was ever a need for completely ridiculous call for censorship they are a perfect example.

"Meanwhile, parents will have to explain to confused children that the program they once were allowed to watch is no longer a nice show. This would have been completely unnecessary if ABC had made the program follow its original family-friendly design."
Alternatively, it would have been completely unnecessary if the parents werent pants-on-head-retarded. but thats too much to expect nowadays is it?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Scarim Coral said:
So how does being a mom make them think they know jack shit about what child should or should not see (yes raising your child is one thing but to impose your moral onto a different group is a different thing)!
I bet these are the same moms that would bad mouth other women who decide to either have children later on in life or who decide to not have kids at all. Using the haunting line of, or similar to, "You can't fully understand children until you have birthed and raised one of your own". Something like that but haunting.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
huh? I never really cared about Muppets that much, because I subconsciously never saw them as relevant to my age range. Might need to check them out now.

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
One Million Moms, what the American Family Association does in it's spare time when it isn't demonizing them gays. The same people who wanted to boycott Ben & Jerry's for making Schweddy Balls ice-cream.

Coruptin

Inaction Master
Jul 9, 2009
Forgetting the moms people, anybody else befuddled by the continued existence of the Muppets? Just me? I don't understand why Kermit and Piggy hold press conferences (I think they do?) like they're real people. Why websites post on the relationships of Muppets. I feel like I'm not getting a joke.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
Coruptin said:
Forgetting the moms people, anybody else befuddled by the continued existence of the Muppets? Just me? I don't understand why Kermit and Piggy hold press conferences (I think they do?) like they're real people. Why websites post on the relationships of Muppets. I feel like I'm not getting a joke.
The premise of the Muppets was that they featured in the background of "hollywood" etc.
Famous people would come on the show to do their bit and get "interviewed" the rest of it was Hensons form of comedy/theater.

The idea is that the Muppets are.. well... real, that's the entire point, they're just these creatures that happen to exist in the entertainment industry and do all kinds of work, the Muppet show had "behind the scenes" fragments all the time to correspond with this.

A modern day example of this sort of thing is Ted although nowhere near as well executed it cuts the crap and brings the magic to life.

example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuzzA3046C8

Pinky's Brain

Mar 2, 2011
"Miss Piggy came out as a pro-choice feminist during an MSNBC interview."

That's not exactly true, the reporter clearly went off script and the actor did a double take and said she was pro-everything. Which if you think about it is a rather evasive answer.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
RaikuFA said:
Redd the Sock said:

A couple of years ago. It was too batshit to get much press, but Bill Maher did a rant on it, and I did check their webpage at the time to make sure he wasn't making it up. Basically it was (to them) a commercial where a girl kisses (peck on the cheek) a walrus, it must mean she's going to fuck it.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Quick, tell them about the kids' cartoon with the crossdressing ten-year-old and his three gay space rock moms! That oughtta give 'em a nice aneurysm.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
McMarbles said:
Quick, tell them about the kids' cartoon with the crossdressing ten-year-old and his three gay space rock moms! That oughtta give 'em a nice aneurysm.
Man, Uncle Grandpa's turned into that?

Also it can be four if you count that one person

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
thisisnt acceptable but according to million moms the physically abusive relationship between kermit and miss piggy is perfectly fine....

ah i love the moral majority hypocrites haha

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Holy crap OMM is still a thing? That's insane I haven't heard anything about them since that JCPenney thing like, three years ago?

Groxnax

Apr 16, 2009
Redd the Sock said:
RaikuFA said:
Redd the Sock said:

A couple of years ago. It was too batshit to get much press, but Bill Maher did a rant on it, and I did check their webpage at the time to make sure he wasn't making it up. Basically it was (to them) a commercial where a girl kisses (peck on the cheek) a walrus, it must mean she's going to fuck it.

WTF!!?

Man this is just damn stupid.

I wonder if they are truly one million mothers in that group?

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Redd the Sock said:
RaikuFA said:
Redd the Sock said:

I remember that commercial. She didn't give it a peck, she was straight up making out with it. Like, disturbingly so. Seriously, it made me uncomfortable. Not in the bestiality sense, just the noises...guh.

On topic: Muppets was a lot of fun. I think I prefer the old style with actual sketches, though. This style feels like something they should do occasionally as an episode theme, less like what the entire basis of the show is. That said though, I got a pretty good laugh out of Fozzie when he was explaining his issues with his dating profile XD