One Million Moms Fights Gay Superheroes

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
DC should be really concerned. We all know hoe many comic books American moms buy.

In fact, I guarantee, a bunch of homophobes are going to buy a ton of those issues just to burn.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait what? So Hulkling in a relationship with Wiccan while Rictor being in a relationship with Shatterstar are ok but not this considering their relationships status happen years ago?
Or maybe they like the fact that other shortlive superhero Freedom Ring was killed off?

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Well come on! These are simply concerned parents who are wary of their children's impressionable minds catching the gay and going against nature.

Oh no wait, they're just being conservative dicks who are attempting to make their opinions the universal societal standard because god forbid that some people are different.
And that's not even how homosexuality works! There is next to no evidence that sexuality is impacted by experiences in one's childhood! The damn L Word didn't exactly convert millions either, now did it?!
And where were you people when Hulkling and Wiccan were making out on a full-page spread? How does the possibility of the old sociopath in the bat-suit or the overly masculine guy in the skin-tight red & blue outfit liking other dudes have a bigger influence than examples of your own kids' age?

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Okay, I'm just say this now. Superman is an alien. The story they're all totally fine with is about an alien coming to earth and getting with Lois Lane. That's the kind of thing that sets up a Duke Nukem game. But no, that's okay, just so long as no gay people get included.

Groups like this just seem so over the top that I can't help but wonder if they're not secretly anti-homophobia campaigns designed to aggravate people and look stupid, so that others will see and think "god I don't want to be anything like them."

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
See they seem like a bunch of idiots, but if you read what they say and replace gay with black or jew all of a sudden it's clear how fucked these people are.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
To clarify, I used "have the gay." Ironically, I might add. I just don't have it in me to play it straight when I write about this kind of stupid.

And yes, OMM are homophobes, but in the same way that Islamic fundamentalists are homophobes: It's not the illness, but a symptom. They're slaves to their religious dogma. Giving up homophobia means giving up on their most deeply-rooted core beliefs, something they were probably raised with from earliest childhood. That's a big step.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
How dare they even possibly think of looking up to a gay man! That would mean they're equal to us! DISGUSTING I SAY, DISGUSTING!

Andy Chalk said:
The whole thing is beyond odious, and the suggestion that exposure to gay superheroes could somehow "indoctrinate" children into homosexuality betrays a stunning level of ignorance, fear and even hatred. On the upside, the actual influence of the One Million Moms seems minimal at best. Northstar's may be the first same-sex wedding for a superhero but he was actually beaten to the altar by a couple of Archie Comics characters; that wedding attracted the ire [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116075-One-Million-Moms-Want-Same-Sex-Archie-Comic-Out-of-Toys-R-Us] of the OMM as well, but the campaign to force the book out of stores backfired, as the issue quickly sold out.
Oh didn't you realise Andy? We're like the Reapers you see, we appear every dawn of a new society (See ancient Greece) to indoctrinate the masses with our fabulous, so they don't try and create their own fabulous which would destroy them eventually (See lady Gaga.)

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
While in the Archie case they were a little subtle, saying that it might be too much for kids to understand (bullshit), now they're not even trying.

"thinking that a gay lifestyle choice is normal and desirable" ? They couldn't be less subtle if they rolled in with a tank with the corpses of the village people hanging from the main gun, and had a flag picturing one of their members shooting down people with "Gay" written on their chests.

[small]Okay maybe, but you get my point.[/small]

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
don't these ladies know that comics have become primarially an adult hobby. The only people under 20 I see in my local shop are there for Yu Gi Oh cards.

And it's a bit late as well. Obsidion isn't iconic by any measure, but he's been out of the closet for a while now, as have a list of side and minor characters over the last 20 years.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
*puts Christian conservatives on hit list when i take over the world*
Mhhhhmmmmm firing squads or crucifiction.?

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
This is why our society is being held back. Rather then rallying behind eliminating world hunger instead we get "1million moms" rallying behind keeping society the same.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
Sigh...... I am sure this news will a very big issue here in the Philippines with those asshole priests calling DC servants of satan for letting this travesty to happen.

These bitches just gave me one more reason to really really hate being a catholic and makes me want to burn a bible in front of a priest.

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
well at least they're not as bad as that crazy pastor who wants to put gays and lesbians in concentration camps. seriously i hope that guy gets sexually assaulted by a bear

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
rolfwesselius said:
*puts Christian conservatives on hit list when i take over the world*
Mhhhhmmmmm firing squads or crucifiction.?
I suggest burning at the stake, hey they did that to suspected witches during the one of the most retarded part of human history which is the witch hunt and the spanish inquisition so it's fair to have this bigots suffer the same fate, right?