One Million Moms Want Same-Sex Archie Comic Out of Toys 'R' Us

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
So, still no complaining at all the mags with half-naked women on the cover at every supermarket ever? :L

Also,
This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions from their children on topics that are too complicated for them to understand.
...What?
They like those with same sex. What is so complicated about this concept?

I understood Homosexuality as far back as I can remember, albeit not by name. :/

Also, relevance:

NoBetterName

Jan 6, 2012
Jharry5 said:
But this piece of news begs the question; does this group have anything more important to do?
yes, raise their own goddamned children. This isn't them trying to stop what their child sees, its trying to stop what all childen see. I for one are happy being raised by parents who have spent the time to explain the issues and tell me that they're fine me ever considering being homosexual.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
When did the Escapist become the head of internet politics?
It involves toys/comics/archie falls under our jurisdiction. seriously if the escapist followed all the PACs and support groups and the crusades against this and that, we wouldn't even be able to watch a ZP video.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
This is the last place a parent would expect to be confronted with questions from their children on topics that are too complicated for them to understand.
"So you know how mom and dad loved each other and got married?"
"Yeah?"
"Same for these guys"

MY WORLD IS NOW UPSIDE DOWN!

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
DragonLord Seth said:
But yeah, homosexuals and heterosexuals aren't equal, why? Because the heterosexuals can procreate and continue the species, faggots-or, "homosexuals" if you're going to nitpick me-don't.
Homosexuals are not sterile. They can and do procreate. I believe it was the last US census that noted that 33% of lesbian households have children and 22% of gay male households have children. Those number will likely only continue to increase once homosexuals get access to the legal stability and of marriage.

Also, not all heterosexuals are fertile. And some heterosexuals who can procreate, don't.

Lastly, there is more than one way to contribute to the continuance of the species. Having a baby is one way. Creating a vaccine from saving those babies from dying is another. Being part of the village the takes care of that baby is another. Being one of that child's educators is another. Being an engineer that ensure we have shelter that will protect us from complex negative environments is another. And so on. People contribute in different ways, and the continuance of the species needs different contributions.

For example, Mother Theresa was a nun...who don't procreate...but she did all this humanitarian and religious work to help the species. Is she less equal than Janelle from Teen Mom? I don't think so. If you believe in Jesus, do you believe that since he never had children, he is less equal than that creepy Austrian dude who kidnapped his daughter, locked her in the basement, repeatedly raped her and got her pregnant something like five times? I certainly don't think so. Neither Nikola Tesla or Leonardo DaVinci ever had kids...does that make them less equal? Florence Nightengale never had kids...does that make her less equal?

The US constitution says "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal..." not "We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men who have had children are more equal than those who haven't..."

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
(Facepalm) Typical, some people get all up in arms over something so dumb, they don't realize the ramifications of all their bitching. *SIGH*

Grey Day for Elcia said:
Bigotry and intolerance are far worse traits to expose a child to than homosexuality ever could be.​
Well said, mate.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Volf said:
they have a right to voice their opinion just as much as anybody else.
Yup.
And Toys R Us, as a privately own company, has the right to tell them to fuck right off.
Toy stores are not a democracy, and if you don't like that, I suggest you start shopping somewhere else.

kuroshimo

Mar 31, 2011
I love how the subject of reality is too hard for children to understand. I just wish rationalism was taking hold fast enough for me to be certain that my children will grow up in a world where this bigotry isn't encouraged.
Then again, two states in the US have legalized gay marriage in the past year, so maybe there's hope yet. Except for Texas, I wish Rick Perry would make good on his joke about secession.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Bigotry and intolerance are far worse traits to expose a child to than homosexuality ever could be.​
Seconded... *looks up* Er...make that whatevernumberworks-ed.

Personally, someone should give One Million Moms a nice talking to for what their doing. Like say...maybe have the American Civil Liberties Union explain to them what a First Amendment Rights Violation is...

CAPTCHA: lutand treaty

Mr. President, the Lutand Treaty is ready to sign...

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
As a parent of two children, I resent the implication that I cannot parent my child effectivley and someone else wants to make the decision what should be availible for my kids to see and experience. If my kids picked up the item and questioned me about it, it would give me a perfect opportunity to give them a small lesson on the subject. If they asked me, it would probably mean they are old enough to have the capacity of understanding the issue, as their curiosity was peaked for some reason.

I appreciate that there is groups like this out there to keep the real dangers in check, but this doesn't really rank up there for me, even though I would most likely tend to agree with some of their side of how they view homosexuality.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
MaxwellEdison said:
Volf said:
they have a right to voice their opinion just as much as anybody else.
Yup.
And Toys R Us, as a privately own company, has the right to tell them to fuck right off.
Toy stores are not a democracy, and if you don't like that, I suggest you start shopping somewhere else.
Yup, and you can go to comment #162

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Kitsuna10060 said:
would you preferred i called them exactly what i think of them? i was being nice about it
You misunderstand, I was joking that it would be be just as good for the world if they were MORE archaic. That being said, I suppose government encouraged homosexuality is a bit much...crazy Greeks.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Mike Fang said:
... Explaining the birds and the bees to a child for the first time is something that needs to be approached carefully. Having to do that at the same time as explaining homosexuality is really tossing a kid into the deep end to teach him or her how to swim...
I would argue though, that you see heterosexual marriages all over the place. The only time you would have to answer questions about both gay marriage and sex at the same time is if the comic featured gay married sex on the cover. Parents routinely explain marriage and love in a heterosexual context without going into graphic sex. If that is their prevailing argument, then it is flawed for those reasons.