Operation Flashpoint's Deaths "As Unpleasant As Possible"

72Chevy

May 31, 2009
xitel said:
If they really want a sense of realism, why do they have "Dragon" in the title? Then again, Tom Clancy is fond of Rainbows, it seems.
They are using dragon to symbolize China. Because you'll be fighting the Chinese.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
About time!
I love playing realistic shooting games but there aren't enough that actually have quality game play aswel.
Hopefully this will change all that.

For Science

Apr 27, 2009
I'm still getting
Buschmaki said:
BonsaiK said:
They should take it to the next level and have "electric shock" controllers that give your hand a zap when you get hit.
Some company actually developed a vest for a few pc games where if you get the the vest pretty much hits you where you get shot sounds to painful for me to try out. Also that is awesome!!! i wonder if someone will make a war documentary machinima and the war is about cookies.
I'm still getting this game and you can't scare me.

Earthbound

Aug 13, 2008
hansari said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Dragon Rising will also ditch the regenerating health concept that most modern shooters seem to have....
THANK YOU! OH GOD THE CYCLE HAS BEEN BROKEN!
Completely agree. Regenerative health is not meant for FPSs. Slight regeneration, like shields a la the original Halo, is fine as long as you have health, but being able to pretty much absorb bullets harmlessly makes no sense.

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
That's very cool to be honest, if a little gruesome. I'm all for realism and it's good to know that there will be another game where those juggernaught using, martyrdom abusing noobs from the Call of Duty games will be completely helpless and see how bad they actually are.

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
Earthbound said:
hansari said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Dragon Rising will also ditch the regenerating health concept that most modern shooters seem to have....
Completely agree. Regenerative health is not meant for FPSs. Slight regeneration, like shields a la the original Halo, is fine as long as you have health, but being able to pretty much absorb bullets harmlessly makes no sense.
I agree with everything there.

Ninja_X

Aug 9, 2009
sam13lfc said:
Earthbound said:
hansari said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
I agree with everything there.
As do I.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
If you really want to make death horrible you need the whole Screaming, Crying, Begging, Shitting Yourself sha'bang.

albinoterrorist

Jan 1, 2009
To all the people against this move, play the original Operation Flashpoint.

Being killed by a 3 bullet-burst fired from a regular Soviet grunt's AK-74 whilst he's still on the horizon puts this series on a completely different level to COD4, so comparing it to that is futile.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Hooray, I have a good idea, let's shellshock our customers!
But yeah, in all seriousness, I wouldn't buy it for graphics or animation.
I might buy it because of the no regenerating health.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
...i will not be getting this.

i feel ill at this sort of thing.

also i probably couldn't afford it even if i did want it.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
So, Halo run-and-gunners, take note: Teabagging in Operation Flashpoint will get you killed.

This game is SO off my Buy-list.

I am very dissapointed

OT: Pff do we really need more realism in games? I'm sick of realism....

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
well that actually sounds pretty awesome to me. though in a way it does sound like it might be in dnager of being too hard. i guess it all depends on how easily accessible healing items/bandages are. this does sound like it might be good though, regeneration does get a little boring sometimes.