Operation Flashpoint's Deaths "As Unpleasant As Possible"

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Here's hoping these scenes are seminal and grisly as they say it will be, and not some added gore just so the fifteen-year-olds will be able to say "cowl" when they play it.

xitel said:
If they really want a sense of realism, why do they have "Dragon" in the title?
To be honest, several military operations have completely nonsensical names like this one.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Awesome I hope you can kill people slowly, shoot out the kneecaps then take a knife to their face, it'd be like a realistic postal.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Sounds absolutely excellent, finally a decent damage system for players, suddenly I find myself wanting this much more.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Sounds innovative, might be the most realistic game of all time. And it might also get banned for all the violence. Thing is, if they want the violence to matter, then they're going to have to make sure that the grphics are pretty damn good. If not, then it's just wasted time.

aussiesniper

Mar 20, 2008
I was going to get this before hearing about this mechanic, and now that I've heard about it, I want it even more. Finally people will actually be suppressed by sniper fire, instead of spraying wildly at me...

I wonder if medical mechanics will be as realistic?

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
FightThePower said:
Let's just hope the realism doesn't get in the way of the gameplay like it does 90% of the time.
You don't quite get it. "Realism" IS name of a game here. It's the point.
Ninja_X said:
sam13lfc said:
Earthbound said:
hansari said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Dragon Rising will also ditch the regenerating health concept that most modern shooters seem to have....
THANK YOU! OH GOD THE CYCLE HAS BEEN BROKEN!
Completely agree. Regenerative health is not meant for FPSs. Slight regeneration, like shields a la the original Halo, is fine as long as you have health, but being able to pretty much absorb bullets harmlessly makes no sense.
I agree with everything there.
As do I.
This. Being a bullet sponge isn't too fun.
george144 said:
Awesome I hope you can kill people slowly, shoot out the kneecaps then take a knife to their face, it'd be like a realistic postal.
Lunatic.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
"Yo dawg, I got da new Post-traumatic stress disorder game today. So awesome, yo."

First an army helmet and dog-tags, now this. What will they think of next?*

*Rhetorical question.

sharks9

Mar 28, 2009
This looks awesome! It'll probably be annoying at the higher difficulties but I'm sure I'll have fun playing at the lower difficulties just so I can kill the bad guys in new ways and watch them bleeding to death.

Frederf

Nov 5, 2007
"...ditching regenerative health" Oh really? Flashpoint 1985 didn't have regenerative health. How can you ditch something you never had? Yes I realize it's not the same developers. Look at what this statement is telling us all about how they are thinking. They are starting with a arcade shooter and moving away from it toward realism. Their start point is arcade with some adjustments, not a simulator.

This is from the same developers that said during a demo video "As you can see I've been shot in the head. It's nothing serious but I am bleeding quite badly."

Chrinik

May 8, 2008
It´s on my "MUST BUY OR WILL REGRET!" list since it has been anounced...and ever since a friend of mine got ARMA 2 and said it was total shite.

And, you can be shot "in" the Head without dieing, i don´t think a round through your mouth from the sides will instantly kill you.
It´ll just be painfull as ass.
American History X bite the sidewalk painfull...

Mar 26, 2008
albinoterrorist said:
To all the people against this move, play the original Operation Flashpoint.

Being killed by a 3 bullet-burst fired from a regular Soviet grunt's AK-74 whilst he's still on the horizon puts this series on a completely different level to COD4, so comparing it to that is futile.
Absolutely. The original was brutal. If you want to try and cross open ground without stopping to check first, prepare to be cut to ribbons.

Buschmaki

Apr 16, 2009
For Science said:
I'm still getting
Buschmaki said:
BonsaiK said:
They should take it to the next level and have "electric shock" controllers that give your hand a zap when you get hit.
Some company actually developed a vest for a few pc games where if you get the the vest pretty much hits you where you get shot sounds to painful for me to try out. Also that is awesome!!! i wonder if someone will make a war documentary machinima and the war is about cookies.
I'm still getting this game and you can't scare me.
But what if i tell you the company holds your dog hostage and when you win the dog was trained by aliens and mauls your face?

For Science

Apr 27, 2009
Buschmaki said:
For Science said:
I'm still getting
Buschmaki said:
BonsaiK said:
They should take it to the next level and have "electric shock" controllers that give your hand a zap when you get hit.
Some company actually developed a vest for a few pc games where if you get the the vest pretty much hits you where you get shot sounds to painful for me to try out. Also that is awesome!!! i wonder if someone will make a war documentary machinima and the war is about cookies.
I'm still getting this game and you can't scare me.
But what if i tell you the company holds your dog hostage and when you win the dog was trained by aliens and mauls your face?
You think I have the skill to win before my dog gets distracted? You're funny I like you.

mrx19869

Jun 17, 2009
im getting this game because there isn't a socom game out with single player missions... honestly this is they way all FPS shooters should be..MOD war 2 will be fun to play.. but even on super hard the game is just a run and gun game..