Operation Flashpoint's Deaths "As Unpleasant As Possible"

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
xitel said:
If they really want a sense of realism, why do they have "Dragon" in the title? Then again, Tom Clancy is fond of Rainbows, it seems.
Doesnt have to do with the fact that Japan is "The Land Of Rising Sun" and this war was started by Japan and Russia. Also Japan is fond of dragons, it falls into place man.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Oh, Operation Flashpoint 1. I died so many times on you, mainly because I got shot in the legs and then picked off as I tried to crawl feebly to the nearest medic.

This is definately a must have for me now.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
xitel said:
If they really want a sense of realism, why do they have "Dragon" in the title? Then again, Tom Clancy is fond of Rainbows, it seems.
Symbolic Dragon, like China, see?

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Woot, we have another game that is more of a war simulator than a war game.
I'm getting tired of these developers that don't know the difference between gameplay and atmosphere.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
AmrasCalmacil said:
Oh, Operation Flashpoint 1. I died so many times on you, mainly because I got shot in the legs and then picked off as I tried to crawl feebly to the nearest medic.

Indeedie! And the medics would just ignore you or even run away from you :\ Codemasters need to work on their AI! Even Armed Assault 2 has 'bleh' AI.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I actually have not heard much at all about this game. From what little i have seenthough, i think i know what i'll be playing until modern warfare 2 comes out

May 28, 2009
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
I actually have not heard much at all about this game. From what little i have seenthough, i think i know what i'll be playing until modern warfare 2 comes out
Blood-soaked Gir, you are right to take an interest. You have made me smile slightly.

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
cobrausn said:
So now you can shoot teabaggers in the legs and arms and let them bleed out? Nice.
Then teabag them whilst they bleed out and get done over yourself, thus continuing the never ending circle

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I imagine people will be trying to shoot a lot of their enemies in the groin. >_>

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Doug said:
AmrasCalmacil said:

Indeedie! And the medics would just ignore you or even run away from you :\ Codemasters need to work on their AI! Even Armed Assault 2 has 'bleh' AI.
The AI surprised me on quite a few occasions, I'd be laying into a group of Soviets when one of them would take me out with a headshot after sneaking around some building or another. I just wish things would stop machinegunning me to death every time I even look at an RPG Launcher.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
KillerMidget said:
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
Blood-soaked Gir, you are right to take an interest. You have made me smile slightly.
I aim to please. Of course, if i ever see you on this game i will kneecap you and laugh as you bleed out.

Did i mention how much i love the fact that there is no more health regeneration? If only all games would do this. in mltiplayer at least

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
KillerMidget said:
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
I aim to please. Of course, if i ever see you on this game i will kneecap you and laugh as you bleed out.

Did i mention how much i love the fact that there is no more health regeneration? If only all games would do this. in mltiplayer at least
Heh, true; the enemy AI seems to be alot better than your team members AI.

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
I diead twice in this game and didn't notice anything special at all.
Maybe I didn't die from a headshot for it to be gruesome, but I'm sure the 2 times I died in this game didn't show anything special at all. What a bummer.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
didn't the original soldier of fortune try and do this?

You could turn it off in the options, but by default, when you killed people, they would continue to writhe in agony on the ground, if they would be alive from the wound (missing a head removes the writhing).

I mean, it's about time the idea came back, but it's not an original idea.

All that aside, the guy seems to be advocating that people feel bad, feel physical empathy for the characters, which doesn't work. It's the same sort of reasoning that makes people think video games cause people to be violent.

People will see their characters and others dying gruesome deaths, and they'll revel in it, and be no worse off for it.