Operation: Goliath (N7 Challenge weekend)

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
I've only managed to complete a silver reaper level once, in about 3 days.

I keep getting teamed up with morons who either run off on their own or have no idea which enemies are priorities.

See that Banshee? Yeah, she'll fuck us up if she gets too close, so stop shooting at the bloody marauders and cannibals and everyone concentrate fire on the walking death machine.
I keep getting paired up with Parties that idiots don't know how to make private, so I keep getting kicked despite the fact I keep beating them out on points by over 15,000 every match

Aug 1, 2010
I've done it TWICE and I have yet to get any weapons.

Does anyone know what is going wrong?

Also, if you are below level 10, GET OUT OF SILVER. It's ridiculous how many low level people think they can help.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
MrDeckard said:

Also, if you are below level 10, GET OUT OF SILVER. It's ridiculous how many low level people think they can help.
You only get them once the Operation is over.

Yesterday I couldn't beat a single game on silver but today I got a really good team and we did 6 matches in a row.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
MrDeckard said:

You get all your packs on Monday at 5pm

Aug 1, 2010
ChromaticWolfen said:
MrDeckard said:

You only get them once the Operation is over.

Yesterday I couldn't beat a single game on silver but today I got a really good team and we did 6 matches in a row.
OH that makes sense now....

Thank you. I was getting pretty sick of using all my equipment for nothing.

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
MrDeckard said:

As per the ME3 MP forums

When will I receive the unlockable packs, and do I need to input a code to get them?
Unlocks will be granted at 5PM PST, Tuesday March 20. No codes are required, you will automatically receive your packs in the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer Store. Please note that you will NOT see an indication in the game this weekend that you have completed the mission.
OT I really like this event as its encouraged me to experiment with armor busting specs. Human Infiltrator with Geth Plasma Shotgun (damage and armor piercing mods) with debuff evolved cyro blast and tank busting sticking grenades = dead brutes by the plenty.

Dec 14, 2009
MrDeckard said:

The rewards for the challenge should be around Tuesday.

You get one of the several N7 weapons, which isn't that great, to be honest, because a couple of them suck :D

The pistol is decent, the shotgun is decent, and the sniper rifle is decent.

The assault rifle fires horribly and the SMG has insane recoil.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
I've been having trouble finding a competent group to get it done. Things have been generally falling apart on wave 10.

I really think that having an adept and a engineer on this challenge is important. Being able to strip off the protections of enemies and being able to crowd control + Biotic Explosion is really important.

Also. PLEASE for the love of GOD, don't try to shoot a banshee with a Cobra Rocket. Cobra Rockets do area damage and do NOT friendly fire. Wait for the Banshee to get close and shoot your feet.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
MrDeckard said:

You get one of the several N7 weapons, which isn't that great, to be honest, because a couple of them suck :D

Actually, the SMG has the highest damage of all the SMGs. And the assault rifle isn't part of the event. Just the shotgun, SMG, sniper rifle, and pistol,

Dec 14, 2009
Jitters Caffeine said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MrDeckard said:

Actually, the SMG has the highest damage of all the SMGs. And the assault rifle isn't part of the event. Just the shotgun, SMG, sniper rifle, and pistol,
I never said the damage wasn't great :D

You just have to be very conservative while firing it, because the recoil is huge, so burst firing is a must.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MrDeckard said:

You just have to be very conservative while firing it, because the recoil is huge, so burst firing is a must.
I'll use it as a replacement for my Tempest if I like how it handles. I REALLY need a new strong pistol. You have no idea how much I want the Carnifax

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
Czaran said:
I really like where they're going with this.

I play as an Asari Vanguard for now until I unlock another race, but I maxed out stasis and its pretty OP. Anything that doesn't have armor, (shields and barriers don't matter) can be stasis'd by me every 4 seconds, dealing damage to them when it runs out and pausing them.
Meaning phantoms, geth rocket troopers, geth hunters, nemesis, centurion all get paused and shot in the face. Plus its fun.
Plus once you unlock the thing that eliminates cooldowns after a stasis 30% of the time you can just spam Biotic explosions.

OT: Brutes aren't tough by themselves but when you're fighting in the later rounds against Banshees and three Brutes hit your flank, you're in some serious shit.

toomuchnothing

Jul 5, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Depends since Turians have such rock solid grips compared to the other races. My Soldier never needs any weapon besides his Reverent.

Dec 14, 2009
Jitters Caffeine said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MrDeckard said:

I'll use it as a replacement for my Tempest if I like how it handles. I REALLY need a new strong pistol. You have no idea how much I want the Carnifax
I really like the default pistol.

Because it's so common, it's really easy to get the upgrades for it. I'm at something like IX.

The pistol will fire as quickly as you can press the trigger and it has next to no recoil.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Jitters Caffeine said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MrDeckard said:

I really like the default pistol.

Because it's so common, it's really easy to get the upgrades for it. I'm at something like IX.

The pistol will fire as quickly as you can press the trigger and it has next to no recoil.
I've got level 10 in all the starter weapons. I'm liking the Phalanx right now though

Czaran

Jan 22, 2011
Joseph Harrison said:
Czaran said:
I really like where they're going with this.

I play as an Asari Vanguard for now until I unlock another race, but I maxed out stasis and its pretty OP. Anything that doesn't have armor, (shields and barriers don't matter) can be stasis'd by me every 4 seconds, dealing damage to them when it runs out and pausing them.
Meaning phantoms, geth rocket troopers, geth hunters, nemesis, centurion all get paused and shot in the face. Plus its fun.
Plus once you unlock the thing that eliminates cooldowns after a stasis 30% of the time you can just spam Biotic explosions.

OT: Brutes aren't tough by themselves but when you're fighting in the later rounds against Banshees and three Brutes hit your flank, you're in some serious shit.
Yeah I got that 30% upgrade. It helps because sometimes right after I stasis I can vanguard charge. When I play that class against Cerberus I kick their ass. The only thing that actually threatens me are turrets.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
Jitters Caffeine said:
Well if you get the Talon out of the Spectre pack, you might like that one, it's literally a shotgun pistol. 4 Shots, but nice damage and spread, great against the weak enemies.

OT: I didn't realize how much more difficult the Reapers were on Silver compared to Bronze. Bronze is a cake walk, but that step up is HUGE. I mean Cerberus is a bit challenging but it still is pretty easy on Silver.

I'm just glad I can carry 5 missiles, because I know when you hit that Wave 9 and 10, seeing a group of Banshees and Brutes are so nice to hit with those missiles. Otherwise I just kite them around with my engineer. Also Armor Piercing Rounds make it SOOOOO nice taking down brutes and banshees after you get the other barriers down (for banshees).

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
This is awesome I can't wait to go pl- Wait no PS3? Well Fuck You BioWare. God damn it, I want to swear that I'll never buy a game by you again, but your games are so fun... :(.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
Blazing Steel said:
This is awesome I can't wait to go pl- Wait no PS3? Well Fuck You BioWare. God damn it, I want to swear that I'll never buy a game by you again, but your games are so fun... :(.
Blame Sony, they're the one's preventing this from happening on your console.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Not really a multiplayer person myself, but I'll still pass the info along.