Osama Bin Laden Celebrations labelled "Disguisting"

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
lokiduck said:
spectrenihlus said:
lokiduck said:
... In history today we watched a video on the Atomic bomb.

With the deaths of countless innocents in Japan, the USA partied like it was the end of the world because they had defeated the enemy. Everyone celebrates not because of the death of the enemy. They celebrate because they made a victory...

I understand what the Islam leader is saying because he is stating simply that those who celebrate death are disgusting, which is understandable because I personally found the footage of the partying while countless Japanese laid there dying horrible back at the end of 1940.

Though this is different. I mean Osama Bin Laden was the horrible man and the fact that he is dead is good, and it is a victory which is why people are celebrating, but you can understand why some people would be offended because they may not understand that.

Like the Mosque reader said at a Muslim Service I attended said, "The key to world peace is respect for peoples different opinions" and yes we should celebrate, but we should understand and respect that some might think us cruel for enjoying death.
These people who will be pissed at us celebrating the death of this man are pissed at us already, hell I don't think they can get any madder. These people do not respect our ways and don't care if we respect theirs so frankly they can go die in a fire. What we have is the death of a man that would have wanted every single person in the western world dead and if he had the means would have done so yesterday. The fact that there are people in the western world not only not celebrating but actually violently against such displays astounds me. Seriously how did you people react to the end of Harry Potter?
I am not saying that we shouldn't celebrate his death, I mean he was a evil man, what I'm saying is that personally I can actually agree with that man that you shouldn't celebrate any persons death in such a way because it's wrong. This mostly due to the fact that I just recently watched a video where people celebrated the death of countless people because they were the enemy. In fact I'm still traumatized that there is actually a photo of a women holding a skull and it the caption explains how it was a present from her soldier boyfriend of his first Japanese kill and how happy she was about it.
The delivery of the head of some random soldier who probably wanted to be fighting as much as I want dance barefoot on glass is odd however celebrating the defeat of an enemy (because that's what that was) is simply a natural response.I want my side to win because that guarantees my continued survival and if my guaranteed survival hangs on killing more of the enemy then the enemy kills us you better believe I will be happy.

lokiduck

Jun 5, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
lokiduck said:
spectrenihlus said:
lokiduck said:
... In history today we watched a video on the Atomic bomb.

With the deaths of countless innocents in Japan, the USA partied like it was the end of the world because they had defeated the enemy. Everyone celebrates not because of the death of the enemy. They celebrate because they made a victory...

I understand what the Islam leader is saying because he is stating simply that those who celebrate death are disgusting, which is understandable because I personally found the footage of the partying while countless Japanese laid there dying horrible back at the end of 1940.

Though this is different. I mean Osama Bin Laden was the horrible man and the fact that he is dead is good, and it is a victory which is why people are celebrating, but you can understand why some people would be offended because they may not understand that.

Like the Mosque reader said at a Muslim Service I attended said, "The key to world peace is respect for peoples different opinions" and yes we should celebrate, but we should understand and respect that some might think us cruel for enjoying death.
These people who will be pissed at us celebrating the death of this man are pissed at us already, hell I don't think they can get any madder. These people do not respect our ways and don't care if we respect theirs so frankly they can go die in a fire. What we have is the death of a man that would have wanted every single person in the western world dead and if he had the means would have done so yesterday. The fact that there are people in the western world not only not celebrating but actually violently against such displays astounds me. Seriously how did you people react to the end of Harry Potter?
I am not saying that we shouldn't celebrate his death, I mean he was a evil man, what I'm saying is that personally I can actually agree with that man that you shouldn't celebrate any persons death in such a way because it's wrong. This mostly due to the fact that I just recently watched a video where people celebrated the death of countless people because they were the enemy. In fact I'm still traumatized that there is actually a photo of a women holding a skull and it the caption explains how it was a present from her soldier boyfriend of his first Japanese kill and how happy she was about it.
The delivery of the head of some random soldier who probably wanted to be fighting as much as I want dance barefoot on glass is odd however celebrating the defeat of an enemy (because that's what that was) is simply a natural response.I want my side to win because that guarantees my continued survival and if my guaranteed survival hangs on killing more of the enemy then the enemy kills us you better believe I will be happy.
Well that is true. i mean i am actually happy he's dead because it needed to happen, I just though we should handle it better. I mean the organization he ran is still running and there are still more terrorists out there in the world. what if by doing this just pisses them off more than they all ready are? No that we shouldn't be happy about it, but still. Though celebrating a death isn't as bad as the idiot in a florida church who decided to burn a Quran, that was just wrong.

Imat

Feb 21, 2009
Jonluw said:
I think deaths in general can be worthy of celebration, seeing how the person gets to pass on to whatever happens after life and all that, but celebrating the murder of a person isn't something you should do if you want to come out of it looking like the bigger person.
It wasn't murder...

But on topic: I think the celebrations were too much, but I also believe people had a right to celebrate. It wasn't that we had killed just any enemy; we had slain the man responsible for thousands of innocent deaths. The families of the dead especially had a right to celebrate.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
You people are ridiculous you know that?

Since when is celebrating the death of a criminal who's directed the killing Thousands of U.S, Arab, Kenyan, Tanzanian, Afghan, Pakistani, U.K and Australian citizens (and many many more)morally wrong?

The Escapist really is backwards, anything the U.S does is automatically wrong, while calls by "the Muslim communities" in the West for the death of authors, movie directors, and anyone who voices objection to extremism and mainstream practices is often dismissed as a reasonable exercise of personal liberty. I'm suppose to be liberal in the United States and even I find all these people complaining about a terrorist's death ridiculous.

Remind me to come on here and tell you all how disgusting you are for cheering that Bush has had a stroke or whatever (I'm not a fan of Bush or Obama) and how "disgusting" it is post topics on how "America deserves to be invaded and I wouldn't help them" business. Also, when a bomb goes off and you've lost loved ones, remind me to tell you how sick you are along with thousands of others for wanting the person to be captured or killed before he can direct any more attacks.

After all, since I'm a foreigner and unaffected by the violence or crime I can make sweeping moral judgments of your country anonymously on the Internet.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Imat said:
Jonluw said:
I think deaths in general can be worthy of celebration, seeing how the person gets to pass on to whatever happens after life and all that, but celebrating the murder of a person isn't something you should do if you want to come out of it looking like the bigger person.
It wasn't murder...
Let's not argue semantics. When I said 'murder' I just used it to make the point that he was killed by another person, rather than dying for some other reason.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
I wasn't and would never be one of the ones out there celebrating in the street, but if you can't understand where this is coming from OP, you're not thinking hard enough.

It's not about Bin Laden himself -- it's about the sense of closure his death brings, as a kind of total apotheosis of the age of terror, homeland security, airport checkpoints, etc that his acts incited. This is particularly true among our generation, for whom that world was made the new norm. It's like we've finally been released from a shuffling, decade-long straight-jacketed limbo.

We haven't, of course, and the war on terror is far from over, and even tactically speaking, Bin Laden's death affords little outside of its symbolic effect, and what I imagine will be a significant boost in relations with the Muslim world (especially considering the 'Paragon Interrupt' -like decision to bury him according to Islamic customs).

But it feels like we've just emerged, blinking into the light for the first time in years -- so I can understand that some people might express it the way they did, and I understand even more that I have absolutely no right to judge people (particularly New Yorkers!) based on their honest emotional reaction to something so far above and beyond and outside the scale of my sense of human reckoning.

Maybe you should think about that.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
Father Time said:
theklng said:
zHellas said:
theklng said:
i'm saying he isn't a person anymore since he's among the dead now. and as with all other dead people, have some respect by not flaunting your hatred, and stop being a hypocrite in the name of american beliefs. get your act together, son.
So?

He was an asshole!

Why should we respect an asshole, even if he's now dead?

because you don't know what death brings.
So? He's still a person who deserves no respect.

theklng said:
anyone who dances on someone's grave like you do should receive same punishment as he did.
You want to kill people who dance on his graves? Psychotic much?
\

He is being given respect, his body is being handled by Muslim U.S personnel (as is custom) and in the Muslim traditional fashion (his body will likely be returned to his family)

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
Eri said:
Celebrating the deaths of thousands of innocents is not the same as celebrating the death of one mass murderer. End of fucking story.
Thank you so damn much, I can't believe it took till comment 20 for someone to say this.

OT: No, we shouldn't be sensitive, we should be celebrating because a mass murderer is dead and the world is just a little better for it.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
spectrenihlus said:
The fact you call him a human being is an insult to every single person alive today.
Yes...by all means...let's practice dehumanization, that sweet totalitarian invention.

Drop the indignant rage will ya. It makes you spout nonsense.

Johanthemonster666

May 25, 2010
P.S I think the superstition that talking badly about a person, no matter how horrible their crimes or connection to morally wrong actions (except Hitler, Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot) is going to bring you misfortune or somehow haunt you is what motivates people to act like people on this thred

Psychology Today did a study on that, despite the logical assumption that spirits don't exist, the custom or myth still persists psychologically in people (they use "morals" to justify it)

I didn't cheer over his death, but it was closure to one of the worst periods in my life (I was 10 when 9-11 occurred and saw it live on television)and does signal a historical shift that will redefine the world just as 9-11 did for Americans.

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
Kalezian said:
Death is never something to celebrate, anyone who says otherwise should be counted among the rest of the filth that makes this world a worse place than it should be.
What about incendiary, generalizing absolutists? I'm almost positive they've done some bad things throughout history...

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Manji187 said:
spectrenihlus said:
The fact you call him a human being is an insult to every single person alive today.
Yes...by all means...let's practice dehumanization, that sweet totalitarian invention.

Drop the indignant rage will ya. It makes you spout nonsense.
The man was a monster, I'm not saying to dehumanize a culture or people but more on a case by case basis. Did you rape and kill 5 people you lost your human status. Oh you killed a person because he was in your way no longer human. There is no creature more deserving of being dehumanized than Osama Bin Laden. Let his corpse be dragged around the national mall let the enemy see what we think of them if you feel any sympathy toward this creature I frankly want you investigated.