Our Covid Response

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
With respect being able to get an interest free and potentially obligation free loan of a quarter of a million dollars is a HUGE advantage. That is not available to you or I.
Neither is being 6'9" and atheletic as fuck like someone like Lebron James. Some gifts are given genetically, some are the result of family's work and investments.

There is some argument to be made about success breeding further success, but that is no reason to complain that one starts life unsuccessful and therefore can never be successful. There are plenty of family stories of people coming to this country with fucking nothing and making a business, opening a restaurant (you know one of those shitty jobs) and becoming ultra successful from it.

Everybody starts somewhere and nobody gets rich doing nothing.

On top of that, why so much focus on the top 1%. You don't NEED to be in the top 1%, I don't know why people still insist that this is the only goal that matters. It's fucking petty.

But this is just going round and round because every explaination just gets a "yeah but" so I'm wasting my breath. Ya'll can continue to dream about some shit that aint never happen and keep blaming the 1% as to why you can't ever "make it".

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
There is some argument to be made about success breeding further success, but that is no reason to complain that one starts life unsuccessful and therefore can never be successful. There are plenty of family stories of people coming to this country with fucking nothing and making a business, opening a restaurant (you know one of those shitty jobs) and becoming ultra successful from it.
Because literally everybody can start a business.

Everybody starts somewhere and nobody gets rich doing nothing.
Bull! Fucking! Shit! What did the idle rich who inherited their wealth do to earn it? You're so fucking naive.

On top of that, why so much focus on the top 1%. You don't NEED to be in the top 1%, I don't know why people still insist that this is the only goal that matters. It's fucking petty.
Nobody said we did. That was something stupid you made up to avoid engaging with the substance of people's arguments.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
What did the idle rich who inherited their wealth do to earn it?
What did that family do for that wealth?

Are you trying to say that if you won 100 million dollars or you made 100 million dollars, you wouldn't make sure you set your kids up for the best possible chance in life? Good school, help with ideas, whatever it was. Are you that dense? How fucking dare parents take care of their kids, what a bunch of selfish assholes. Grow up.

That was something stupid you made up to avoid engaging with the substance of people's arguments.
Your arguments have no substance, it's just crying about how you don't want to work your "bad" job anymore and you are using the excuse of a virus that has a 98.7% survival rate for it.

You don't want to work anymore fine, but don't cry as the rest of the world tries to go back to living their lives.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Depends. A lot of old money families couldn't tell you where their fortunes started, they're so old. And beyond that, who gives a shit? If you inherit money, that's not money you worked for. Go ahead and take it, but don't pretend it reflects some kind of merit on your part.

Are you trying to say that if you won 100 million dollars or you made 100 million dollars, you wouldn't make sure you set your kids up for the best possible chance in life? Good school, help with ideas, whatever it was. Are you that dense? How fucking dare parents take care of their kids, what a bunch of selfish assholes. Grow up.
You know what else I would do? Pay my taxes. Give back. A lot of rich people don't and that's the fucking problem. Why do you not think that's a problem?

Your arguments have no substance, it's just crying about how you don't want to work your "bad" job anymore and you are using the excuse of a virus that has a 98.7% survival rate for it.

You don't want to work anymore fine, but don't cry as the rest of the world tries to go back to living their lives.
You're just proving me right, dude. Earlier I mentioned that I like my job and am well compensated for what I do. You ignored that so that you could strawman my existence. You can't engage with anything I say because all of your opinions are store-bought. You've put 0 thought into any of them. And you're getting pissy with us because we're pointing out these facts.

I get it, nobody enjoys being reminded of their intellectual failings. But take some responsibility for what comes out of your mouth, for fuck's sake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kwak

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
And here we come back full-circle to the problem: We spent more than a year telling these people they were A) completely essential to our way of life, and therefore had to put their lives at risk continuing to work while everyone else stayed home, and B) not worth paying a living wage because what they did was so meaningless.

And now we're getting angry at them for reconsidering their lot in life and deciding they want to do something else. How dare they! Don't they know the only value their lives have is in serving the rest of us?!

Reactions: Buyetyen

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It's still stupid to say that a man whose family had a spare 250K started with nothing. Like fuck dude. All you have now is shifting goal posts.
Jeff's parents divorced in early life, his mother married a cubian immigrant who adopted jeff at the age of 4 and got his names changed to Bezzos. That adopted father grinded his ass off for a degree, used that degree to get a job for exxon as an engineer. So the money didn't come from nothing. Jeff himself also grinded his ass off in college and BY THE FUCKING WAY Bezo's worked at McDonalds in high school. Fucking funny that, if his family had so much fucking money that Jeff would dare lower himself to work a "shit job" isn't it.

A lot of these big tech guys were lucky enough to be born right as the tech boom began and they invested into it. Apple, Microsoft, Ebay, Goodle, Amazon, whatever all of these things weren't possible 40 years ago, it's these guys that made it all happen.

Maybe the future billionaire will be the people who capitialize on robot tech as that technology becomes more and more viable.

You are the stupid one if you think this shit didn't come from hard fucking work.

Reactions: gorfias

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
A lot of these big tech guys were lucky enough to be born right as the tech boom began and they invested into it. Apple, Microsoft, Ebay, Goodle, Amazon, whatever all of these things weren't possible 40 years ago, it's these guys that made it all happen.

Maybe the future billionaire will be the people who capitialize on robot tech as that technology becomes more and more viable.

You are the stupid one if you think this shit didn't come from hard fucking work.
The work had to start somewhere, yes. The thing is, when you say that the rich are rich because they work hard, there are two problems with that that so far you have made it a point to ignore:

1. You say it as if to imply that the rich are the only ones who work hard.
2. You are conflating "anyone can make it," with "everyone can make it."

And you know as well as I do that neither of those things are true. More often in a capitalist system, the only reward for hard work is more hard work.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
1. You say it as if to imply that the rich are the only ones who work hard.
No, but it is often the rich that don't complain about how shitty their early jobs are.

2. You are conflating "anyone can make it," with "everyone can make it."
Everyone CAN make it, unless you are lazy or entitled and think you should just be handed shit. Everyone can earn a living, but not everyone WANTS to. Big difference.

More often in a capitalist system, the only reward for hard work is more hard work.
You are conflating hard work, with physical work. There is nothing easy about being an executive, that shit is hard work. Running a company that remains profitable and successful is hard as fuck.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
No, but it is often the rich that don't complain about how shitty their early jobs are.
So? What does causally indicate?

Everyone CAN make it, unless you are lazy or entitled and think you should just be handed shit.
You are full of shit beyond your years, kid. Not everyone can become wealthy and you damn well fucking know it, so who do you think you're bullshitting? Hell ,not everyone can make a living under the current system. No capitalist society in history has employed 100% of its population. If you think otherwise, then you lead a very sheltered existence and you should appreciate it more.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Not everyone can become wealthy and you damn well fucking know it, so who do you think you're bullshitting?
Do you read what people say or do you just skim and assume the rest.

I'm not talking about being rich, I'm talking about being able to take care of yourself. You keep bringing up rich because you have an obvious hard-on agenda against the rich. Stop it.

No capitalist society in history has employed 100% of its population
Society is not perfect and never will be. Move on, work to overcome, you don't have a right to be successful. People who work for it, get it. People who constantly grab for excuses, will always find a reason to explain away why their life sucks.

People who want the government to provide for them, need to take a closer look at the sheer volume of homeless veterans because the government isn't willing to accept the mental trama military service puts on people. But ok let's sit around and wait for UBI, from a government who thought $600 bucks was enough to make up for months of lockdowns. Biden drops bombs on children, demands Americans get a vaccine while letting thousands of illegal immigrants flood into the country unvaxed and untested for the virus that is running rampant through the world.

Big Brother isn't going to take care of you, they don't care about you, they don't even like you. Pull yourself up, or enjoy the crumbs you get off the governments table. Whatever i guess.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I'm not talking about being rich, I'm talking about being able to take care of yourself. You keep bringing up rich because you have an obvious hard-on agenda against the rich. Stop it.
There you go again. Assumptions and armchair psychoanalysis the instant you don't want to rebut a point.

Society is not perfect and never will be. Move on, work to overcome, you don't have a right to be successful. People who work for it, get it. People who constantly grab for excuses, will always find a reason to explain away why their life sucks.
So don't ever bother trying to improve things because it's not perfection, got it.

People who want the government to provide for them, need to take a closer look at the sheer volume of homeless veterans because the government isn't willing to accept the mental trama military service puts on people. But ok let's sit around and wait for UBI, from a government who thought $600 bucks was enough to make up for months of lockdowns. Biden drops bombs on children, demands Americans get a vaccine while letting thousands of illegal immigrants flood into the country unvaxed and untested for the virus that is running rampant through the world.
And here we hit the relative privation fallacy. I'm not allowed to give a shit about X because you're pretending to give more of a shit about Y. As if you're the arbiter of what values people are and are not allowed to have.

Big Brother isn't going to take care of you, they don't care about you, they don't even like you. Pull yourself up, or enjoy the crumbs you get off the governments table. Whatever i guess.
And you just keep repeating store-bought talking points from libertarians before you, hoping and praying that the 1% will condescend to allow you to make a living.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
People who work for it, get it. People who constantly grab for excuses, will always find a reason to explain away why their life sucks.
Except for, you know, the millions of people who "work for it" but don't "get it." And the people who never had to "work for it" but still "get it" regardless....

But you don't care about that. You just keep repeating it because you believe you're special enough to be one of the few who does "get it", so fuck every else that gets left behind. You'll have "it", and that's all that matters to you.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
But you don't care about that. You just keep repeating it because you believe you're special enough to be one of the few who does "get it", so fuck every else that gets left behind. You'll have "it", and that's all that matters to you.
Welcome to the real world in which life isn't fair. It is entirely possible to genuinely work you ass off and fail due to things outside your control, say market crashes, housing bubbles bursting. Or the entire world shutting down due to a "plague". Worked your ass off to build a small business making custom car bumpers? Fuck you, shut your shit down and hope you have enough business account build up that you can pay your bills until the government randomly designs to say it's okay to open up shop again.

Sometimes life fucks you. Does that mean the rest of the world need to bend to support you? Nope. Shit happens, deal with it or dont, nobody cares.

What do you have to say to all the people that lost everything because it was too dangerous to run their collectible card shop for 9 months? Sucks to suck?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

Oh, I'd definitely set up my hypothetical kids.

And then if I heard any "self-made man" bullshit from them when they're around, I'd roughly disabuse them of that notion.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Yes that's what I say. I want to see what they have to say.
Both my local card shops are doing just fine, one's expanding into a second shop

Sucks to suck.

Welcome to the real world in which life isn't fair. It is entirely possible to genuinely work you ass off and fail due to things outside your control, say market crashes, housing bubbles bursting. Or the entire world shutting down due to a "plague". Worked your ass off to build a small business making custom car bumpers? Fuck you, shut your shit down and hope you have enough business account build up that you can pay your bills until the government randomly designs to say it's okay to open up shop again.

Sometimes life fucks you. Does that mean the rest of the world need to bend to support you? Nope. Shit happens, deal with it or dont, nobody cares.
Isn't this argument literally self defeating?