Our Covid Response

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Hope it went well. Wife complained of some soreness. A buddy said it put him down for a day. Others say no biggie.
Mild ache at the injection site, otherwise fine so far... but let's see what tomorrow holds.

Reactions: gorfias

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Mild ache at the injection site, otherwise fine so far... but let's see what tomorrow holds.
I actually found the first injection way worse than the second, opposed to most of the stories coming out

Edit: I mean inital vaccine, not boosters

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Cousin's mother in law lost the court battle to the NIH and has now died. Just over a year after she got Covid

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Hope it went well. Wife complained of some soreness. A buddy said it put him down for a day. Others say no biggie.
Had mine last week. Minor body aches for a day, same as when I got the second shot 6 months back. Everyone else I've talked to had a similar reaction to the booster as they did to their second shot, or a milder reaction. No one I know had a worse reaction from the booster.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Had mine last week. Minor body aches for a day, same as when I got the second shot 6 months back. Everyone else I've talked to had a similar reaction to the booster as they did to their second shot, or a milder reaction. No one I know had a worse reaction from the booster.
Same story here. Sore arm and some achiness for a day, but it was a pretty mild reaction all things told.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
For what it's worth, mine was worse. Got a sore arm from the first one, but that was the extent of it. Second shot I didn't feel anything. Not the shot itself, no soreness afterwards, no noticeable side effects...kinda made me wonder if they'd even broken the skin, actually.

The booster though? Got it in the late morning and my arm was slightly achy throughout the day. Nothing you don't expect from a shot. ...And then...I want to say 11PM came and hoo boy...all of a sudden I was freezing. It was maybe 73F (23C) in my apartment (which is usually a bit warmer than I care for) and I was shivering as if I were standing in a snowbank. Felt like crap. Felt nauseous, more tired than I had any right to be and had difficulty concentrating. Went to bed, felt the same in the morning. Thankfully I'm working from home and thus had no problem taking small breaks to wrap up in a blanket with a hot beverage, and the symptoms only lasted for about a day.

It was probably the worst reaction I've ever had to a shot, to be honest, but frankly, that's all the more reason that I'm happy that I had that reaction under controlled circumstances rather than rolling the dice with the 'wild' virus.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I actually found the first injection way worse than the second, opposed to most of the stories coming out

Edit: I mean inital vaccine, not boosters
From what I've heard, it depends on which vaccine you had. Apparently, the AstraZeneca tended to be worst on the first shot, and Pfizer on the second. This would fit my experience - I had AZ and the first shot was definitely worse. My booster however was Pfizer. And I feel pretty much fine today, so looks like no ill effects (bar the injection site ache, and that's very mild) at all.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
From what I've heard, it depends on which vaccine you had. Apparently, the AstraZeneca tended to be worst on the first shot, and Pfizer on the second. This would fit my experience - I had AZ and the first shot was definitely worse. My booster however was Pfizer. And I feel pretty much fine today, so looks like no ill effects (bar the injection site ache, and that's very mild) at all.
#MyAnecdotalTwoCents

I had Pfizer and didn't have any side effects from either shot, aside from a little aching at the side of injection when throwing my hands up like I just don't care.

Looking forward to getting the booster.

Reactions: MrCalavera

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
For better or worse, the omikron variant will sweep through the population no matter what. Maybe the infection is less severe, but practically everyone will be exposed to it during 2022. Resources should be focused on vaccinations.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
For better or worse, the omikron variant will sweep through the population no matter what. Maybe the infection is less severe, but practically everyone will be exposed to it during 2022. Resources should be focused on vaccinations.
a family member just got onto Broadway... just to have her show shut down again because of Covid.

I'm now considered Covid just a trial run. Who knows what is being put back into the world after these ice caps and permafrost is leaving. It kills me that our children are going to suffer because of god damned politics and selfishness.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
#MyAnecdotalTwoCents

I had Pfizer and didn't have any side effects from either shot, aside from a little aching at the side of injection when throwing my hands up like I just don't care.
Ditto. Pfizer here and no significant side effects (well, except for some extra fatigue and mild arm-ache after the second jab, both of which went away in a day).

Booster booked for Wednesday. But I've got a sore throat, and a flatmate has tested positive. I'm now awaiting results of a walk-in PCR. If it's positive too... it looks like I might be isolating on Christmas.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
What's the point of getting a different vaccine as a booster than the one you originally got?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
So does anyone remember Republican Washington Senator Doug Erickson? He spent most of the pandemic demanding that the Democratic governor of his state resign for his COVID response, saying as recently as November 1st that the state was the "national leader in authoritarian government".

Well, turns out he's spent the last month in El Salvador, having tested positive for COVID just after arriving, and now he's dead. I guess the virus could tell him what to do.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
So does anyone remember Republican Washington Senator Doug Erickson? He spent most of the pandemic demanding that the Democratic governor of his state resign for his COVID response, saying as recently as November 1st that the state was the "national leader in authoritarian government".

Well, turns out he's spent the last month in El Salvador, having tested positive for COVID just after arriving, and now he's dead. I guess the virus could tell him what to do.
Another virus simper wrecked by the virus, huzzah!

Reactions: Dalisclock

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
What's the point of getting a different vaccine as a booster than the one you originally got?
I doubt it makes a lot of difference, but multiple vaccines might give better protection in case of mutation (other variants).

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
Take it from me folks you don’t want to get long COVID. I’m still suffering sob, fatigue, and joint aches 8 months after my infection. Wear a mask, get the vaccine, and use social distancing. This virus is no joke.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
All vaccines still seem to provide a significant degree of protection against serious illness from Omicron, which is the most crucial goal. But only the Pfizer and Moderna shots, when reinforced with a booster, appear to have success at stopping infections, and these vaccines are unavailable in most of the world.​

-NYT

I knew the J&J were trash.

Reactions: MrCalavera