Our Covid Response

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Take it from me folks you don’t want to get long COVID. I’m still suffering sob, fatigue, and joint aches 8 months after my infection. Wear a mask, get the vaccine, and use social distancing. This virus is no joke.
I'd rather have short covid then.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
#MyAnecdotalTwoCents

I had Pfizer and didn't have any side effects from either shot, aside from a little aching at the side of injection when throwing my hands up like I just don't care.

Looking forward to getting the booster.
I can second this. No side effects from either Pfizer shot for me. I did a lot of driving around on the day I got my Pfizer booster shot (I got my flu shot on the same day, different arm.) It was about a perfect 72 degrees that day, I had neither my heater or air conditioner on in my car. At one point I felt too hot. That feeling lasted about 10 seconds. If you can call that a side effect, then I had a side effect from the booster.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Since everyone seems to be doing it, my experience. I had Pfizer. First shot gave a sore arm and a headache. Second short was just the sore arm, but less so. Yet to get my booster.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Pfizer. Sore arm. I went to the gym the next day and definitely felt weaker but not really to a degree I would have noticed otherwise. Second shot sore arm and that was it.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I'll toss in my experience from this past weekend after getting a Moderna booster (and flu shot) on Saturday morning.

By the evening, I had a killer headache alongside chills, a small fever, and the expected sore arm. Felt truly awful until late Sunday evening, but I'm only feeling a slight twinge in my arm this morning. The usual over-the-counter painkillers helped with my symptoms.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Pfizer
1st shot fine - sore arm
2st shot pretty rough - nearly passed out on a call, fever, flu, chills plague for 2-3 days then fine
Booster - thursday - around 24 hours of feeling like I had the flu, but just fever chills, bad sinus headache to the point that my teeth hurt. feel fine today, but my arm is still a little tender.

I wasnt in a big hurry to get the booster, but theres a surge in my home town and I gotta go back home for christmas so my step-mom was pestering me about it. I suffer from polyps and other asthma and sinus issues so I'm in the rare unfortunate category where its not really a genetic coin toss, covid unvaccinated would rip through me faster than vodka gello shots and cheesy gorditas crunches.

Man, I want this damned thing to be over with already.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
1st shot: nothing.
2nd shot: felt stiff that night, fine the next morning.
Booster: arm was sore for 3 days but otherwise fine

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
1st Shot (Astra Zeneca): Came down with the chills about 10 hours after it as I was going to sleep. Gone by morning, no other effects.
2nd Shot (Astra Zeneca): Nothing.
Booster (Pfizer): Sore arm at injection site for about 24-48 hours.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Pfizer:
1st shot - Sore arm, and a little drowzy in the evening.
2nd shot - Absolutely nothing.

I need to wait till January to make an appointment to get a booster shot, which means I probably won't be able to get one before Febuari, because everything in the Netherlands regarding Covid apparently needs to move at a snail's-fucking-pace.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Actually having covid, May of 2020.

Noticed the Chicken Tortilla Soup I was eating started to have less and less taste with each bite. Panicked and called Urgent Care. Asked if I still had scent. At that point, I did, so she assured me that it might just be a sinus issue since I've had sinus issues in the past. Tried to calm down.
Next Morning, my smell was muted. Taste still gone. But the Nurse who I talked to at Urgent Care set up an appointment for a test. it took two days to tell me I had it.
That day, I had trouble walking upstairs. I felt dizzy and really tired.
From that point on, I felt really normal. My smell came back first (I love the smell of Listerine ever since, because that was the first smell that returned), and I could discern tastes a day after my smell returned.

Moderna
1st shot: sore arm for 3 days. But after that, absolutely nothing.
2nd shot: sore arm for 2 days. but after that. absolutely nothing.

Booster shot seven days ago: sore arm for a day. But after that. absolutely nothing.

Covid impact.

including my mother, grandmother, uncles, and various partners of family, friends, and co-workers, 19 people in my orbit have passed from Covid 19.

More recently was a co-worker's husband. They both thought Covid was not a big deal. I'm trying not to feel responsible. They are 17 years older than me, so all I could ever do was share my thoughts. I know at the end of the day anyone's choices as an adult are usually their own (my thoughts differ on that when their choices can affect others), but I actually feel horrible because I know how much it's affected others and I wish I could have done more. She's left the job.

Reactions: Kwak

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Moderna - currently a bit fuzzy-brained and slightly sore arm.

The lad who came out of the injection booth before me was easily 6'8". Amazingly quick-acting these boosters.

Reactions: Dalisclock

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
*Deep Sigh*

So, complaints about not being able to smell Yankee candles are on the rise again.

Because we have the collective memory of a goldfish on meth.