Out of Context Quotes

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
"Am I the Pacific Brain? The Doltish, Shallow-Pated, or Hebetudinous Brain?
Indeed not... I am the Deadly Brain! Deadly, I say! You haven't a chance!"

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
To be honest, belief-based crimes are perhaps best avoided in general, no matter their age.
Agreed, but those who throw such wisdom to the wind make for some amazingly hilarious television.

Not sure if it's against the spirit of the thread, but for the context, the quote is from the episode "The Gang Gets Trapped" of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Watched it for the 100th time last night and it hit me that this episode, more than most, epitomizes the entire series. If I were to suggest the show to anyone who'd not seen it, I'd have them watch this episode and offer that if they don't like it, then don't bother watching any others. Granted, it'd be out of the larger context (it's one of few episodes that happens entirely outside of Paddy's Pub, arguably the main stage of the franchise,) but it showcases each of the five main characters at their most "selves" as well as their collective impulsiveness, shit decision-making, and ultimate ineptitude.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Idris Elba doesn't know dick from dick. And he sure as hell doesn't know dick from TWO dicks!!

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Starting to enjoy mixing quotes from wildly different sources:

"[Real ale]'s flat and warm with bits in and it makes you fall over."
"So goeth the rule."

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
I know that, but the quote came very enthusiastically from the mouth of high school-aged alien girl in a cartoon, and I found it extremely funny.

Asking for a friend? (_|_)
No I'm asking for me.
Also, what show are you talking about with the alien girl cartoon?

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I know that, but the quote came very enthusiastically from the mouth of high school-aged alien girl in a cartoon, and I found it extremely funny.

Asking for a friend? (_|_)
Well in both Britain and Australia it’s commonly used as an expression of frustration or describing something that will be a frustration. And what’s another common expression for that? A pain in the arse. And what does buggery produce, especially when done incorrectly? A pain in one’s arse.

Reactions: Xprimentyl