Out of these 10. recommend 3

telocaster

Aug 12, 2011
So out of these 10 games, recommend 3 of them.

Infamous 2
Goldeneye Reloaded
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Battlefield 3
Saints Row the Thied
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dark Souls
Driver San Francisco
Dead Space 2
Metal Gear Solid HD collection

alfawx

Nov 1, 2010
Well, I'd say Dead Space 2 because I love it very much (unless of course you haven't played the first). Other than that, I'd go for Skyrim and Dark Souls. (EDIT: Typos, nyeh.)

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Metal Gear Solid HD. Hey, that counts as 3 games, right? :) Anyway, I haven't played any of the others, so I can't exactly recommend them. Of course, I haven't played Peacewalker either, but I have played the other two, and they were great (I don't care what everyone says, I still liked 2), so get it.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I've only played 2 of those, Skyrim and Driver, but they are both well worth a recommendation. Both among the best games of the year.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
The only one of those I have is Human Revolution, and that game has a massive asterisk on its recommendation.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Saints Row 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dark Souls

I haven't played any of the others on that list, at all.

Deus Ex, is especially good all around, though it's more reserved than the other two.
Saints Row 3 is really damn fun.
Dark Souls can become brutally challenging at times.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
BreakfastMan said:
Metal Gear Solid HD. Hey, that counts as 3 games, right? :) Anyway, I haven't played any of the others, so I can't exactly recommend them. Of course, I haven't played Peacewalker either, but I have played the other two, and they were great (I don't care what everyone says, I still liked 2), so get it.
This. Except I played Peace Walker so 2/3rds of this. I think Peace Walker was better than MGS4 and it being on the PS3 fixes that whole PSP one analogue stick thing that annoyed me when I played through it.

Two is great, three is also great for different reasons so I won't compare them.

Plus, three comes with Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake so you're really getting five games.

Leole

Jul 24, 2010
Dead Space 2
Skyrim
Infamous 2

I loved Dead Space, and the second one is better (mainly because Isaac ain't a robot anymore)

Skyrim is way easier than Oblivion, and by that I mean, you don't have to make 4 characters to learn what skills are useful and what not so you can actually enjoy (and be able to play) the game first time through. That I kinda like and dislike about TESV, but hey, it's a good game.

Infamous 2 is just cool to play, but very short, in retrospective. I beat it twice (getting all the trophies) in a weekend, so keep that in mind. I wouldn't have bought it for full price if I knew back then that it was short as it is, but I don't think I could've spent my money better elsewhere.

Quala

Mar 18, 2009
Definitely Infamous 2, Skyrim, and... hmmm. Haven't played anything else on the list, but I have been interested in Dead Space 2.

Seriously though, I love Infamous 2. If you have liked the first game, it takes that and just improves on it.

Skyrim, while admittedly overhyped by many, is still also very good, especially if you enjoy fantasy RPGs.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Skyrim and inFamous 2 are both highly recommended. Especially inFamous 2 if you've played the first since the sequel is a great continuation of the story.

No third recommendation though as I've either not played the other games or disliked them. I'd suggest a non-rpg, non-open world game though to fill the gaps of Skyrim and inFamous 2.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
-Metal Gear Solid HD: It's actually five games, since I think Metal Gear Solid 3 includes two older games. So the pitch for this one is just one word: value. You're getting a lot of great games for a fantastic price.

-Deus Ex: Human Revolution: It offers a great deal of choice on how you play, though by the end of the game much of that choice will be self-imposed (you'll be able to upgrade pretty much everything). The game asks some great questions. I find the self-imposed challenges (Pacifist, Stealth, Etc) fun as hell.

-Skyrim: Lots of content. It's a bit soulless, but that goes for pretty much any Bethesda game. It's fun, the dungeons are well-designed (if a bit repetitive with the lack of variation in enemies), and also gives you a good bit of choice in how you play.

Bonus recommendation: Since you mentioned Infamous 2, I'm guessing you have a PS3. In that case, get Demon's Souls instead of Dark Souls. It's cheaper and (from what I hear about Dark Souls) has a more fair difficulty.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Skyrim
Deus Ex HR
Infamous 2

Replace Infamous with Metal Gear if you've never played MGS3.

Savber

Feb 17, 2011
Skyrim, Deus Ex:HR, and BF3.

The first two will do more than enough to satiate your SP desires while BF3 is an excellent game for MP especially if you can afford to show the game in all its glory.