Out of these 10. recommend 3

Tjebbe

Jul 2, 2008
Dark Souls, Skyrim, Dead Space 2. The last one is a close match with Deus Ex, but I liked Dead Space just a bit more. Dark Souls and Skyrim are a given :)

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Skyrim
Metal Gear Solid HD
Infamous 2

I've heard Goldeneye is a good choice if you want to get your FPS on, but you better check with someone who played it (and isn't a BF3 fan :p)

I see a lot of people recommending Deus Ex: HR. Here are reasons why I didn't like that game:
convoluted story, shitty ending, many of the upgrades seem unnecessary, silly boss-fights and overall not very challenging.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
telocaster said:
So out of these 10 games, recommend 3 of them.

Infamous 2
Goldeneye Reloaded
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Battlefield 3
Saints Row the Thied
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dark Souls
Driver San Francisco
Dead Space 2
Metal Gear Solid HD collection
These types of threads are becoming outright bossy, at least in presentation. They also have a "think for me, now!" vibe that I find a bit off-putting. But I'm obviously interested anyway, so I'll chime in.

OP, qualifications are important. When I posted a thread last summer about whether I should get a PS3 or a 360, I went into details about the types of games I preferred.

If Goldeneye is indeed being made by the same people who made the Wii remake, I'd say stay away. It was very well reviewed so obviously some disagree with me, but I found it to be remarkably "bleh."

I never got to play Metal Gear Solid 3, but I've heard mixed responses. MGS2 was almost universally received as terrible. The first one I loved the first time I played it; when I played it again a few years later I found it to be boring.

Dead Space 2 is amazing. I actually haven't finished it yet, but I can tell you that it's worth it to play the original first. Both games are great, inventive fun and in my opinion put most of the Resident Evil franchise to shame.

I haven't played Dark Souls but everyone I've talked to has said it's as good or better than Demon's Souls, which is one of the most rewarding games ever. *****-ass hard, but incredibly rewarding when you finally take one of those bastard bosses down. So again, pick up Demon's Souls on the cheap first if you haven't already (provided your platform is a PS3).

Infamous 2...there's not really an experience out there quite like it, even if the protagonist looks like a wigger who performs with Linkin Park. Worth the purchase.

Elder Scrolls. I don't really do RPGs. If you do, then I'd say believe the hype.

I've been hearing that Battlefield 3 trumps Modern Warfare Tres. You don't have MW3 on your list, so I'd strongly recommend Battlefield 3.

Saint's Row the Third has breathed new life into open world games. Worth the purchase.

I don't know anything about Driver San Francisco that you couldn't discover by watching Yatzee's review.

Deus Ex is incredible. There's no shooter like it.

With that in mind, and also considering that I don't know your preferences/prior purchases relating to what I said above, I'll just give you my 3 overall recommendations from your list.

Dark Souls
Saint's Row the Third
Deus Ex

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I can recommend Skyrim and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. However I haven't played any of the others. I would recommend MGS HD just to replay the original Metal Gear Solid.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Dead Space 2, Saints Row The Third, and Skyrim.

I'd say that's a very well-rounded list of experiences. Whether you want something tense and polished to keep you on the edge of your seat, insanely fun and over-the-top to wind down on, or deep and open to run wild in, one of those three games will likely provide.

Master_Fubar23

Jun 25, 2009
Battlefield 3 and Dark Souls... Haven't been able to get to the other yet even though I own most of them since I've been playing Atelier Totori. Loves that game soooo much :D

Sinathor

Mar 16, 2011
Only played Skyrim of those and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

So I recommend.... DUN DUN DUN! NOTHING!

Go out and make a name of yourself! Games are for sad people with no social life!

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
inFamous 2 and Saints Row the Third.

The rest are boring, remakes, or nothing I can recommend with a straight face.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
alfawx said:
Well, I'd say Dead Space 2 because I love it very much (unless of course you haven't played the first). Other than that, I'd go for Skyrim and Dark Souls. (EDIT: Typos, nyeh.)
i never played the first, still enjoyed number 2 ^^

personally i'd say skyrim, deus ex, and then either MGS HD, dead space 2 or infamous 2, i enjoyed all 3