Ouya Backers Want Games Like Skyrim

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"I doubt we would ever see one of EA's or Activision's key franchises being made available for free on Ouya"

I dunno, it said "Battlefield". Not Battlefield 3...
Why not publish the older ones for free, and get stinking rich from the microtransactions (map-packs, weapon-packs, skins)?
The first Battlefields built a genre, and have been played to death and beyond by millions over many, many years!

EDIT: Oh wow, just saw the specs... Still, eh, Battlefield 1942 could be played on a 500 MHz 128 MB RAM PC. Recommended was "Pentium 3" and 512 MB.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I hope the majority of the people backing this project aren't the ones that think it's able to run the AAA games. I'd hate to see this project go down in flames with a backlash of ignorant gamers thinking this is the next gen console with FREE AAA games... yeah fucking right.

I put a few dollars in and will be monitoring the progress of this Ouya very carefully. I already have a PC and 360 for my triple A's I don't need another console. I WANT INDIES DAMMIT

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
People who voted are kind of dumb. TL2 would work pretty well on there though.

clippen05

Jul 10, 2012
vallorn said:
clippen05 said:
vallorn said:
clippen05 said:
Ahahahaha that's a good one. This has worse specs than 7 year old Xbox360 an they want it to play Battlefield, Cod, and GTA? Good luck with that. For battlefield you'd probably have to scale down the game to 4 players online and one jeep to fight over.
Do some googling of the tablets that processor powers and you can find them running slightly less well rendered Lost Planet 2. plus this thing has twice as much RAM as either the 360 or PS3.

and its still definatly got more punch than the *Shudder* Wii.
Its not the RAM that's the problem, it's the processor. It's not built for games like these, sure it can run mobile games fine, but it will have trouble with something like COD. Also, these games aren't optimized by the developers for such a processor.
since you seem to have ignored the first part of my post that mentioned Google I have taken the liberty of doing it for you.

There.

Judging from the kinds of graphics we can see in these I would say that this thing may actually be able to handle the less intensive games of this generation with a few graphical downgrades.

So no Battlefield but CoD with its smaller maps is a possibility. (if a distant one)

EDIT: I appear to have posted the same video twice... ho hum... fixed.

Have this video of Skyrim at the lowest settings possible running on a tablet:
Yeah I did do a little research into the processor, and I never said the games looked bad. They look amazing but notice the top three videos are mostly tech demos, aside from rolling some ball around in the first video their just showing off graphical prowess. I didn't see any gameplay where the framerate is sure to drop. Well there was that catapult thing, but I don't consider that a AAA game from what it looks like. Its something comparable to an indie title or arcade game. Yes, the graphics look good, but its not running actual AAA gameplay yet. All I saw of Lost planet is cut scenes

And the Skyrim video... okay its running but at probably less than 15 frames per second. That doesn't necessarily mean make the gameworld smaller or reduce the graphics further and were up to a perfect 60 fps or even 30. THe games have to be optimized for a mobile processor and that's going to take lots of money to the developers to do.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Toilet said:
It's going to be easy as fuck to emulate on a PC which poses the question if you are going to develop for Ouya why not develop for PC?
I was thinking that. PCs are open, have lots of good development tools and nearly everyone has one. If they made the Ouya powerful, at least they would be better than most laptops, but it isn't. Everyone has a PC that beats the Ouya.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Huh, that's odd... Everyone is complaining about how the WiiU is launching with mostly Re-releases, yet it seems like Ouya people want Re-releases on their console...

Very peculiar indeed...

Still, I have decent hopes for the Ouya. I don't plan on buying one immediately, but if it gets better down the line, I don't think I could pass it up.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
lol, Timesplitters? Well, I doubt that its possible, not because of hardware (Shadowgun looks better then TS) but because everything related with TS is put on hold.

But it is sad to see so many people miss the point, just have some indie devs give games as interesting as the Receiver and I am happy

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Guys, the OUYA is weaker than a Ipad 2.
It's pretty much an Android plugged into a TV, and the Android creative kit it a cluster fuck.
Everyone needs to calm the fuck down about this thing; it won't change ANYTHING. It's USELESS.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Twilight_guy said:
Oh man, there are going to be so many people whining when they figure out what they actually paid money for... Then again that'll be true of a shit ton of kick starters in a few years. Oh well it'll be fun to see kickstarter's honeymoon period go down in an epic flaming mess when projects begin to fail or not deliver.
The AAA industry survived for over a decade on pre-orders with much the same results, I can see KS outliving this.

OT: Kickstarters donating without having any f****** clue what they're in for? I'm not particularly surprised. I've seen alot of shady shit that managed to pull in well over 5k, some of these people just have nothing better to do with their money.

sunsetspawn

Jul 25, 2009
As long as we don't have games that are "streamlined," or that, "have broader appeal," I'll be willing to drop lots of money on this.

Sorryflip

Jul 9, 2012
Souleks said:
the doom cannon said:
I like how league of legends is on there. I don't supposed people who wanted it realize you need the mouse and keyboard...And what's with all the AAA titles? I want more indie games, not more AAA games. That's why I'm buying every indie bundle during the steam sale....Gonna have to go over and fill out that survey
It does have a USB port and bluetooth and they expect people to root around.
Mortuorum said:
In other news, gamers feel entitled and may have unrealistic expectations.
Rainboq said:
Despite what people are saying, if AAA titles are on the thing, sales will probably be a lot higher than if it was just indy games. A mix is a good thing.
Since it's open-source, my guess is that if a developer did port one of its AAA titles, it would sell one copy which would then be pirated 3 million times. I wouldn't count on a lot of top-tier developer support for the Vowelinator.
There is a difference between "Want" and "Would Like" and "Expect"

I want Half-Life 3 to come out tomorrow.
I don't expect it.
This survey is games and genres people would like to see.
I EXPECT to see Dungeon Defenders.(Its already on a mobile platform.)
I EXPECT to see Minecraft.(Its already on a mobile platform.)
I don't expect to see Skyrim even though I want it.(Althought it would be cool.)
ResonanceSD said:
Android platform, open source.

Gamers want ALREADY RELEASED AAA TITLES.

Of course. They don't want to encourage creativity and free expression, they just want the same shit shovelled to them. AGAIN. -_-

I swear I'm not a misanthrope. People are just idiots.
That is because the survey they gave listed already released AAA titles...
Thank you! Finaly someone that understands the post.

This thread was making me sad...