Overview: Lego Universe

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
I would be interested if they ever added a Bionicle expansion pack. Other than that, I've had a VERY limited experience with Lego aside from the movie games. The P2P aspect isn't much of a turnon, either. I may consider it in the future, but not now.

laserpants

Sep 26, 2010
I said this when they first annouced this and I will say it again; this shit will not fly. Also, no, minecraft and this game is 2 completely different thing even when they are on the theme of building stuff. Minecraft is a sandbox builder while this game you have to build your own sandbox.
Making this game F2P is also not possible since the only way they can make money at that point is to sell "blocks" to build; why the hell would I buy virtal Lego blocks when I can get the real thing and make what I want to be able to show it on display?

Chubbs99

Dec 29, 2009
I was in the Beta event for Lego Universe, and despite its rather childish UI (which makes sense as its geared for kids), My main problem with the game was the severe lack of content. The storyline of the game is there, its good, but at least come launch time there wasn't much too it.

Some stuff that wasn't covered in the overview was you can tame pets, who don't help you fight in combat, but allow you to dig up treasure. As well as the awesome dragon fight on the ninja world. This is one area where you need someones help cause you are very likely to die and by the time you get back the the dragon you'll have to start over from 100% health otherwise.

Also not covered were the 4 different factions, who offer 2 classes each. In my time in beta I played a Samurai, and an Engineer and had a lot more fun on the Engineer.

Its a fun game, but being P2P... It needs more content before I'll ever consider paying for it.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
it looks like second life, lego edition, probably has blockier penises then normal second life

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Tom Goldman said:
I actually enjoyed my time with this game and its achievement-focused gameplay, but I do wish that there was a virtual lego builder you didn't have to pay a monthly fee for.
Yes... if only there were some game that didn't charge a monthly fee where you could craft things out of blocks. And what if you had to collect those blocks, from a giant bucket or maybe even a pit or tunnel of sorts. Surely this game where you craft things from blocks would need some sort of multiplayer, so you could show me your buildings and I could show you mine...

If only...

I'll tell you one thing for certain, who ever makes a game like that will get rich.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
mindlesspuppet said:
Tom Goldman said:
I actually enjoyed my time with this game and its achievement-focused gameplay, but I do wish that there was a virtual lego builder you didn't have to pay a monthly fee for.
Yes... if only there were some game that didn't charge a monthly fee where you could craft things out of blocks. And what if you had to collect those blocks, from a giant bucket or maybe even a pit or tunnel of sorts. Surely this game where you craft things from blocks would need some sort of multiplayer, so you could show me your buildings and I could show you mine...

If only...

I'll tell you one thing for certain, who ever makes a game like that will get rich.
Maybe one day we'll get a game like this... maybe it will even have zombies and cows and pigs and chickens and such...

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Swifteye said:
SonicWaffle said:
John Funk said:
Read Full Article
But then I visited some of the most highly-rated player spaces. I saw castles that stretched upwards for hundreds of Lego-feet, ancient-Japan-themed mazes, and sites that took full advantage of the game's trigger functionality. When you ride a plane into the air, type "crash land" into chat and watch it spin and burst into Lego bits, there's no denying that this sort of thing is really, really cool ... as long as it's in the right hands.
I will now be taking bets on how long it'll take some dickhead to recreate 9/11 and create a media furore about how Lego promotes terrorism. Any takers?
If that's really the first thing that came to your mind when you heard they can make anything they want that makes me sad.
If you read an article stating that players can create buildings that stretch "upwards for hundred of Lego-feet" and make them look like real-world buildings if they so choose, and then crash planes into them and you didn't immediately wonder how long it would be before some douche decided to recreate 9/11, you clearly haven't spent much time among the denizens of the internet :p

standokan

May 28, 2009
Even if I had the money I don´t think I would´ve bought it anyway, it looks awesome nonetheless.

Guest_Star

Jul 25, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
Should be at least a couple usefull ones at http://www.ldraw.org/

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
mindlesspuppet said:
Tom Goldman said:

If only...

I want them to be Lego blocks, damn you!

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
I too have a confession to make, i love lego.

And im good at it, but im 17 so yeah.

GWarface

Jun 3, 2010
roostuf said:
I too have a confession to make, i love lego.

And im good at it, but im 17 so yeah.
Whats the problem in that? Im 20 now and it isnt 4 months ago i bought some LEGO just for the fun of it... And you can earn some fat cash if you have some of the rare/collectors mini-figures...
LEGO is one of the only things that makes me proud of my country...

OT: I was in the beta, but i really only played it once since it for some reason took me 30 minutes to get past the first loading screen... Kinda lost my interest after that...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Is it out? I was tracking that game but got bored since last,last year and look how it turned out!

I love my Lego :3

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
jack583 said:
i would buy it, but i don't like having to keep paying in order to keep a game.
P2P is like paying $5 for a burger, then having to pay another $1 each time you take a bite,
as well as each minute it takes to digest it.
not fun.
That's a pretty poor analogy for a pay to play model. You make it sound like you only pay for the access to play the game when you are indeed getting more "free" content and updates for your subscription. So to adjust yours it would be like paying $5 dollars for a burger and every month you get another a smaller but new flavor $1 burger, but you still really need to like burgers.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Good thing is i still have my old instruction books from all my old epic lego and megblocks collections.. SOOO, if i did get the game, expect to see some epic stuff.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
MINECRAFT.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
Slycne said:
jack583 said:
i would buy it, but i don't like having to keep paying in order to keep a game.
P2P is like paying $5 for a burger, then having to pay another $1 each time you take a bite,
as well as each minute it takes to digest it.
not fun.
That's a pretty poor analogy for a pay to play model. You make it sound like you only pay for the access to play the game when you are indeed getting more "free" content and updates for your subscription. So to adjust yours it would be like paying $5 dollars for a burger and every month you get another a smaller but new flavor $1 burger, but you still really need to like burgers.
my point is that i don't see why i have to keep paying in order to keep enjoying a game i already bought.