Ozzy Osbourne Heralds Gears of War 3 Campaign Trailer

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
CannibalRobots said:
There's a difference between understanding homophobic retards and playing that song to a gears game without the slightest hint of irony.
Oh, i didn't see someone had already made this point. That was the first thing i thought when i saw this story. Good job for being on top of it.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I don't give a shit about GoW, but I watched the trailer to see what Ozzy had to do with it (I was half-expecting a Brütal Legend style cameo). My thoughts about it? "Holy shit, in the GoW world even doctors have fucking huge pecs!" I mean, look at Fenix Sr., his body fills the entire bottom half of the screen, it looks like a head sitting on a wall painted to look like a suit.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
That certainly looks pretty cool.

It's a shame I no longer have a 360 and it's not coming for PC...
I'm pretty much in that situation and feel the same way, even though i never liked the first i thought the 2nd was ok.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
meh, if its anything like the second game, i wont be buying it.

gears 1 was amazing gameplay wise, just a shame its glitchy and buggy and laggy, and not too many people play it now, or i still would.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Was that Prescott in COG armor? I thought he disappeared after giving his speech in the second game.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Numachuka said:
OH GOD. THE MANLINESS. IT OVERWHELMS ME.
Why do the guys with less armour last longer than the guys with more?

Cause they're more skilled? Also "Power armor is for pussies!!"

If I were to get this game, should I play the first two?

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
Nooners said:
Woodsey said:
That trailer is surprisingly bad. I know the others are completely bullshit in regards to the actual games but they're well made at least. In that the music doesn't work, and the actual footage doesn't build up properly or anything.
Also, isn't War Pigs an ANTI-WAR protest song from the Vietnam era? Maybe it's meant to be ironic, or something, but I don't get it.
yea thats the sad part, it's about the government officials sending young off to die for the wars they started. I only clicked the link cause ozzy is one of my favorite singers, i got the first and second gears of war a while ago and after playing the first for 20 minutes i returned the second, also in the trailer, is it weird that i laugh at the huge guy wearing a tank for armor feeling sad about his father, i mean it just doesnt look right.

This trailer definitly wont make me get the game, the music doesn't go with the vid and im seeing nothing that looks very interesting.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Was that Prescott in COG armor? I thought he disappeared after giving his speech in the second game.
No, Prescott is probably responsible for for either creating the Lambent, the Locust, or the war with the Locust. And if he's not responsible, he knows that the C.O.G. government is. I looking forward to seeing how this story all wraps up. So many pieces of information, but there are still one or two key pieces that are missing in order to complete the mystery behind everything.

EDIT: Okay, based on my understanding of the song--it seems like it's about sending young people off to fight wars that they didn't start--then it could be a major clue as to the story behind the entire war with the Locust. See above statement.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Mike Laserbeam said:
What the hell is this?! It's such a blatant rip off of Space Marine!
...You're joking, right?

Granted, the series as a whole is a tad reminiscent of 40K. As far as chainsaws go, at least.

Jul 9, 2008
Sniper Team 4 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
No, Prescott is probably responsible for for either creating the Lambent, the Locust, or the war with the Locust. And if he's not responsible, he knows that the C.O.G. government is. I looking forward to seeing how this story all wraps up. So many pieces of information, but there are still one or two key pieces that are missing in order to complete the mystery behind everything.

EDIT: Okay, based on my understanding of the song--it seems like it's about sending young people off to fight wars that they didn't start--then it could be a major clue as to the story behind the entire war with the Locust. See above statement.
Yeah, that's my read on it too. Rather, I think Adam Fenix was one of the scientists (maybe or maybe not the head one) from the facility in Gears 2 that created the Locust, but Prescott either ordered them created or somehow caused E-Day. We'll see.

(also, I love how so many people seemed to miss the fact that that facility was where the locust were created, but that's a whole other issue)

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
It's alright, obviously not on the same caliber of their more "artsy, cinematic" trailers- though those never show off anything from the finished game itself. That and the other thing that bugs me is just using 'War Pigs' for an ACTION-Y sequence of events. 'War Pigs' is one of the most ironic songs to put to a song trying to show off how awesome and action packed a WAR will be.

Sep 14, 2009
jeesh people always lookin to hate, and why is the "every guy is HUGE" thing such a fickle arguement? in near every game is not every woman with size C tits and above with a rockin body?

overall different from the other trailers but nonetheless i'm interested, get to tie up all the loose ends of the story in this one finally and get some great gameplay regardless, too bad i don't have my 360 anymore..I'll just steal my brothers for a few weeks i suppose.