Pachter: Xbox Live Gold Will Get More Expensive

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
Platinum sounds sensible, and us Brits pay 40GBP for the serivce for a year at the moment. So apparently either we're better off or America is getting it cheaper anyway.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Oh dear. :(
This guy better be wrong...if he's right, then me and 30 of my closest friends will go to Gates' house and chop his hands off.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Hopefully it won't get more expensive, it is worth 50$ but not 100, although I would probably end up paying the 100.

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
Well - I don't pay for gold and don't intend to, just not a big online game player and also owning a PS3, Wii and PC capable of handling games better than any of the consoles I'd pick it up on for that (plus PC games are generally cheaper) if a game ever came out that I felt compelled to play online.

Hell, I don't even play WoW online, just choosing to play on my own on me own server - antisocial gaming rules :D

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
Timelord91 said:
I think they should do it, ruin their own followers and push them to PC and PS3. It would be their own fault

Id consider selling my 360 if this happens
They are trying to push people away from PC because most PC gamers pirate games, thats why you don't see as many big name PC exclusives, they don't do well anymore unless they have some really buffed up security and even then people crack it and it just makes it harder for honest people.

Beastialman

Sep 9, 2009
If they raise the price on this I will literally stop playing Xbox Live. It's bad enough that the wireless adapter costs 100 dollars when all the other consoles give it out for free.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Apackof12Ninjas said:
Christemo said:
another of many reasons not to get a 360 and especially Gold Live. ill stick with my future ps3 and its free internet.

Might as well have said "I dont like 360's because I like PS3's cause its better"
it is, trust me.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Am I glad I applied common sense when asking myself the question, "Is it worth paying a comparatively horrendous amount of money for the privilege of being hooted and cussed at by people I consider a waste of biomass?"

luckshot

Jul 18, 2008
i don't see it happening

but it might be because i'm on the bubble about paying the current $50 for it, and $100 would make it certain i wouldn't

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Apackof12Ninjas said:
Christemo said:
another of many reasons not to get a 360 and especially Gold Live. ill stick with my future ps3 and its free internet.
Wait since when was the whim of a analyst guessing whether or not a service will double their price a reason to not buy a 360???

Thats honestly one of the worst excuse's Ive heard to date.

Might as well have said "I dont like 360's because I like PS3's cause its better"
hey m$ has been ALL about the TCO (total cost of ownership) of their products over their competitors. so having to pay an extra $50/yr and possibly $100/yr just isn't good for their whole TCO

as much as they like to say it's a "better value" i can do all the same stuff with the PS3 for online as they can do with live AND it's free. so really raising the price when others is free is stupid and going to cost them in the end because people won't want to buy their consoles if they have to pay to get online, when the other 2 are free

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Ugh. Why can't it just be free like Sony for god's sakes? Greedy bastards. I never have enough spare money to get gold, plus i haven't got wireless and other problems.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
You see, what pisses me off is MS already makes loads of money from Xbox Live commercial advertising. Don't believe me? Look on the "Game Marketplace" tab. How many games do you see advertised?

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
MrBrightside919 said:
Xbox Live increasing it's subscription price would be like suicide...
then id stope being for the 360 and run to the ps3 because i can. im gettin a ps3 anyway and i dont need to play with XBL pricks anyhow. and im not paying more hten 50$ for a year of it.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Shit, My live is running out...thanks for reminding me =/

OT: I doubt they would increase the price of live, Stupid move, which would cost them. No instead they are going to add new content with price tags. Avatar marketplace anyone?