Parents Group Denounces Supreme Court Decision

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
It's funny how these parents seem to have plenty of time to complain and campaign against games, but none to actually y'know, be decent parents to their children by paying attention to them and the things that they're playing.

Tourmeta

Apr 25, 2011
Really why do they have to try ruin all the fun for everyone because they think it sucks, damn, just look at what your kids are playing then if it worries you.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Drummie666 said:
"This ruling replaces the authority of parents with the economic interests of the videogame industry. With no fear of any consequence for violating the videogame industry's own age restriction guidelines, retailers can now openly, brazenly sell games with unspeakable violence and adult content even to the youngest of children," Winter said.
How the hell does this replace the authority of parents? You still have control over what your kids can and cannot play. Take some fucking responsibility for your kids and BE A PARENT.
My thoughts exactly.
I personally don't know any CHILD who has 70$ to put on a game. If the parents can't be arsed to take an interest in what their child does, it's their problem, not the EVIL games industry's.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
[HEADING=1]U Mad?[/HEADING]​

In all seriousness, I find it ironic that they are saying "The government has taken awawy the parent's power to buy their games!" When the entire point of the law was for the government to be able to decide what games kids can and can't buy. So in reality, their argument is "PARENTS have to do the parenting? That's the government's job!"
Bravo my good sir, I gotta remind myself to send you more 'Umad" pictures later.

But what you said was right.

Parents needs to act like g*ddamn parents. They could of built parent teaching programs but nooooooooooo.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Go ahead and denounce it all you want; your voice isn't Law and your propaganda is still based on an incredibly weak argument.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
I might be a little biased, but I disagree with the PTC. They seem like they want the Government to take the role of the parent. As opposed to the actual parent, of course.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Drummie666 said:
"This ruling replaces the authority of parents with the economic interests of the videogame industry. With no fear of any consequence for violating the videogame industry's own age restriction guidelines, retailers can now openly, brazenly sell games with unspeakable violence and adult content even to the youngest of children," Winter said.
How the hell does this replace the authority of parents? You still have control over what your kids can and cannot play. Take some fucking responsibility for your kids and BE A PARENT.
Well, I was gonna make a post quoting that, but you've summed up my feelings on the matter pretty well.

If you need the law to keep your kids from getting their hands on video games that you don't approve of there's only a couple of reasons I can think of.

1) Your kids get them from their friends and you can't stop them. (Ie, take the goddamn games away.)

2) You buy their games without bothering to read what the hell you're buying.

3) Your spouse is doing #2, and you don't try to stop them.

All three of those point to: Stop being an irresponsible adult and lay down the law with your kids, if you can't then you have no business being a parent. Take some responsibility for what you allow and shut the hell up about this crap already.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Greg Tito said:
Alright, Ted. Fair enough. Or, and this is just a thought, you and the other members of the PTC can act like fucking parents!

Jesus Christ, people, I don't see why this is such a hard concept for some of these folks to grasp. You are a parent, and the only person accountable for what your child is exposed to is you. Not the games industry, not the government, you. You wouldn't take your seven-year-old to the midnight screening of the new Saw movie that they're probably going to release at Halloween this year out of common fucking sense, so why don't you apply that same principle to not buying the little guy a copy of Black Ops so he learn six dozen new racial slurs online that he's able to share with everyone at school the next day?

I'm sorry, guys, but I got tired of this nonsense and idiocy long ago. This jackassery is what lead to Schwarzenegger waltzing up to the Supreme Court with this proposal in the first damn place. Video games are not "toys", their a media on par with television and movies, and in line with that not all games are appropriate for small children. Why some people can't seem to wrap their feeble, atrophied minds around that very simple concept is just beyond me.

attackshark

Nov 16, 2010

http://site.video-game-central.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ggn_3ds_warning_think-of-the-children.jpg

a) i feel like this will be the most quoted statement in the thread.

b) it's store policy that if, for whatever reason, you're not completely satisfied, i hate you.

it's time to man up, america.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
It sounds more like the lazy parents group to me. They want the government to regulate everything for them so that they don't have to do any parenting.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
believer258 said:
[HEADING=1]THEN FUCKING WATCH WHAT YOUR KIDS PLAY, ASSHOLE![/HEADING]

Excuse me, couldn't help myself.

Really, these parents need to shutup. No one replaced the parents' authority to watch what their kids played.
THANK YOU!!! You're parents for crying out loud. Don't expect others to raise your childeren.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
The parents can suck it. Supreme court>you. Thanks and play again.

Zelda_Lover26

May 18, 2011
Oh, gee. like some of us didn't see this coming, sarcastic applause.

In all seriousness, this is just sad. They want their kids to not play those games? THEN THEY DON'T LET THEM! Instead of trying to get the government to watch their kids for them, why don't they just do it themselves? I mean, my parents decided what I could and couldn't play. Sure, it annoyed me, but they did it cause they loved me, and it made me realize what kind of games I didn't like, and turned me into a rather decent person.... saying you want the government to watch what your kids play, means you just don't care about them... and you can deny it all you want, but its the bottom line.

I know that seems mean, but come on... isn't it a parents job to watch their kids, and teach them to make the right decisions?

All in all, I think that its the parents job to implement censorship, not the governments. I personally think, the fact that the courts keep taking cases about the censorship laws on games, is only encouraging this problem.

But, hey, that's just my opinion. People don't need to take it at face value... unless they want to...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I looked at the title, not knowing the decision, but was immediately relieved. YAY!