Parents Television Council Falls on Hard Times

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Fucking good, it's about time they fall apart, they never deserved to be a council anyway, they are all just a bunch of self-declared moral knights trying to give many forms of media a hard time based on their standards on what is appropriate or not.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"Dude, I told you I was working on fulfillment," Winter responded. "It is under control."
... did I just fall into an Onion article? Did he actually say "Dude, I told you I was working on fulfillment"? It sounds like he should be on the docks somewhere loading strange packages into the backs of cars.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I would say that the PTC should die in a fire, but that would just give them insurance money.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Mechsoap said:
servers them right for trying to ruin a young medium...
*Facepalm*

/win thread

OT: Good news, but sadly it's only a small victory as far as gaming is concerned.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
Scde2 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I would say that the PTC should die in a fire, but that would just give them insurance money.
I don't think space debris is under the insurance *thinks*

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Do these people actually think themselves justified? Do they honestly believe that they're in the right and we're in the wrong? That they are better than the rest of humanity?

Violence is a part of nature, as is sex, and pissing and crapping. (Drugs and alcohol are debatable) As the Family Guy FCC song says, any 2 year old can tell you that "Everybody Poops" and any 2 year old only exists because a male and a female concieved the child through SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.

If parents care enough to shield their precious children from the obscenities of cable tv and donate to a watchdog group, (which probably consists of nothing more than a bunch of rambling 45 year old women who accomplish nothing and are looking to pronounce their superiority and decency to all their friends (if they have friends)) then they sure as hell should care enough to go to the parental controls on their tv and block certain shows/channels, and if they can't do that, they can use that donation money to pay for a cable package that provides parental controls, or pay for lessons on how to use current-day technology. But we all know that anybody who donates to this group only does so out of ignorance, or for their self esteem and bragging rights.

But seriously, what are these people fighting for? The banning of all shows that involve cursing, sex, potty humor, or violence? Even todays Nickelodian would fail that test.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I too experience schadenfreude upon reading this article. I was so mad when I read their "bullies" content, and now it seems the rest of the world is also aware that they have their heads up their asses.

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
Its good to hear they are going down. I dont want the newest scandal being shoved in my face because miley got a little sexed up or the newest M game has ome blood in it.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Mechsoap said:
sir.rutthed said:
Mechsoap said:
servers them right for trying to ruin a young medium...
*Facepalm*

/win thread

OT: Good news, but sadly it's only a small victory as far as gaming is concerned.
i did something wrong?
Not at all. Your original post contained a typo that made an awesome unintentional (I think) computer related pun, and I'm a real sucker for a pun. My hat is off to you sir.