Parents Television Council Falls on Hard Times

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
Senaro said:
I had to laugh that the main response here is "Dude, I've got it under control"
Maybe they used some of their funds to "invest" in the "decency products" coming into California from Mexican cartels and forgot they were supposed to be on the moral high ground...

I'm sincerely glad that these idiots are getting what's coming to them.

Daft Sikes

Jun 10, 2010
HA!
Serves them right.
*drinks a pint of whiskey and laughs at them drunkenly*
Shtupid PTSHEE. *hic* HAHAHAHAHA!
*faints*

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Honestly in this age of Digital TV multi-channels I don't see why we need any sort of "decency" groups at all, let people watch what they want; Eventually companies will move beyond just having a "kids" channel and end up with a list like Kids, Family, News, Drama, Sports, etc. and people can just choose to watch what they want.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
This brings a smile to my face. This isn't just a win for gaming, this is a win for all media.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
sir.rutthed said:
Mechsoap said:
sir.rutthed said:
Mechsoap said:
servers them right for trying to ruin a young medium...
*Facepalm*

/win thread

OT: Good news, but sadly it's only a small victory as far as gaming is concerned.
i did something wrong?
Not at all. Your original post contained a typo that made an awesome unintentional (I think) computer related pun, and I'm a real sucker for a pun. My hat is off to you sir.
i can see it now, servers...

Ithera

Apr 4, 2010
Har har. Suck it! you sanctimonious blowhards! About time people saw though your attack dog bluster.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
... "Dude"?
On a more noticeable note: Looks like we're down to the last few seconds of their 15 minutes. Can't say I'll miss them. Like the contractors on the second Death Star, I can't quite feel sorry for the people laid-off from this front organization for a pack of thieves, liars, and snake-oil salesmen.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
these groups are inevitably just a cloak for people who want to impose their values on others.
That's all I have to say about them. They deserve all the shit they get (barring stuff like rape or death of course. That's a tad excessive).

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
Dear Mr Winters,

Please find attached a list of reasons you can go F*ck yourself:

1. We already have censorship in place on games / movies as it is, we call it the "R-rated" seal of approval sought by gamers for any title worth owning these days, therefore we do not need YOU to look after our morality while you hand out W.W.J.D bracelets, singing hymns and telling us your saving out immortal soul. In fact most if not all adult gamers who are deemed "Not likely to flip out and stab someone in the face" by the state would agree that all the good titles, such as Modern Warfare 2, are 18s.

2. Should an under 18 get their hands on the above mentioned medium advertised and specified on TV, the net and the very box art itself as adult entertainment then please follow these corrections in your dos prompt:

C:\> Shift_blame = from parents, /to Game companies

and make it look like this:

C:\> Slap_parents = TRUE, IF: child gets game not rated for their age
C:\> FCC / PTC = self_righteous_facists: TRUE

3. Don't blame the company for making a good game, yes a kid starved to death playing WoW while his parents were downstairs, No they did not walk into his room, pull the plug out the wall and beat him with it, there fore making it a case for child services and not your problem.

(Also worth saying here: HA! Take that Turbine, I don't see LOTRO stacking up a body count!)

4. The only time I have ever encountered lack of money affecting interest in something was the old saying "I'm so broke I cant even afford to pay attention", I would therein love to know how you explain a loss in "supporters" due to a recession.

5. By now you must have realised I, as a 23yr old man who has been gaming from an early childhood, have only incurred one "negitive" reaction from gaming and that is an over developed sence of Sarcasm. I played resident evil one on the playstation when I was 11 (the only time it was scary) and since have not stabbed, mutilated or tried to chew on the family dog... ok well I did chew the dog once but in my defence she started it.

I will close this letter by saying that YOU do not have the right to tell the world how to live its life. You are imperfect therefore you cannot lead us "flawed fools" to perfection.
If our moms couldn't stop us playing these games, please tell me what chance a little grey man in a cheap suit is going to have, especially since you're "the man" and no I don't mean in the sence of "hey dude! you're the man" I mean it in the sense of "the man" and now we get to "stick it" to you, "IT" in this case being an ebola virus infected ham sandwich.

Bon Apetite

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
I'm sure this article is extremely important, but I cant concentrate because everytime I see the name "Salazar" I cant help but also think "Slitherin".