Patrick Stewart Receives Knighthood

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Blatherscythe said:
All hail Sir/Emporer/Captain Patrick Stewart!
I second this. All Hail our Borg Overlod Patrick Stewart!...i mean Sir Patrick Stewart.

(Dont know If he ever got captured by the borgs)

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Uncompetative said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
Uncompetative said:
Kirk would beat Picard in a fight, but Picard would talk him out of it first.

;-)
So shouldn't that say, then, that "Kirk could beat Picard in a fight..."? /grammar-nazi
Kirk couldn't beat Picard in a fight - he would never get the opportunity, there would be no losers, only diplomacy would prevail.

Of course, Picard versus a whole planet full of Gorns is another matter entirely...
Ah, I get ya. So you meant that "Kirk would (as-in, gladly) beat-up Picard, but he wouldn't get the chance due to Picard rolling a 20 on his Diplomacy stat."
Kirk would fail his Concentration save too quickly, anyways. More impulsive. Picard is just that guy, he's the player AND the DM at the same time.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Lexodus said:
Fucking finally... it has taken WAY too long for this epic man to be recognised.
I'd been wondering myself why he didn't get knighted sooner. Congratulations Sir Patrick.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Well, it's about time!!! Congrats to you Sir Patrick, a truly great Thespian! (and my favorite Star Trek captain, incidentally)

Evilsanta said:
(Dont know If he ever got captured by the borgs)
Actually, he did get captured during "the Next Generation", but he was rescued. During his time with the Borg, he was called Locutus. /Star Trek fangirl rant =*)

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Jbird said:
Wait a minute...Wasn't he already knighted? Is this an upgrade?
I could have sworn I heard he'd been knighted a while ago too... hmm. Assuming that's not true, what am I remembering? Blast my wretched memory, blast it I say!
Probably an OBE. Not quite as high an honour, but still pretty big nonetheless.

So how long till he gets a lordship then?

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
YouCallMeNighthawk said:
I think knighting someone because they act in movies is stupid, when people who are saving peoples lives just get a pat on the back and a basket of muffins!!
Right, only actors get knighted. And only those who act in movies, at that.

Sarcasm aside, I could've sworn he was already knighted.

YouCallMeNighthawk

Mar 8, 2010
MajoraPersona said:
YouCallMeNighthawk said:
I think knighting someone because they act in movies is stupid, when people who are saving peoples lives just get a pat on the back and a basket of muffins!!
Right, only actors get knighted. And only those who act in movies, at that.

Sarcasm aside, I could've sworn he was already knighted.
...... yeah, because that's what i said obviously ¬.¬

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Lexodus said:
Fucking finally... it has taken WAY too long for this epic man to be recognised.
Agreed. Just an awesome, awesome man. He's on the same level of awesome as David Attenborough.

tim98042

Mar 17, 2010
well done patrick about time you received this award, you fully deserve it. What a guy!

Ashendarei

Feb 10, 2009
Congradulations SIR Patrick Stewart!

Well earned and much deserved, even if unexpected or un-sought after :)