PC Gamer Master Card

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I am laughing out loud for the first time in a while.

It's over the top to the extreme, but damn those expressions.

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
I love this strip, but who could say no when such a product's key selling features are the "Higher Numbers" and "Newer Letter Combinations"? It even says so on the box! :D

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Surpise ************?

But yeah, this illustrates why I'm kind of glad that I don't own a PC. I'd be far too tempted to buy the shiny new thing as soon as it came out.

At least when that happens with consoles it takes a good few years to happen =P

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Is that a unicorgy?

And I really do need a new GPU... and monitor, and motherboard actually... oh, and extra memory and probably a SSD...

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Ha! Joke's on you, two months ago I upgraded from a Pentium D to a second hand Q6600.
You don't have fall in with those evil and seductive store pushers, with their promises of phat frame rates and awesome resolutions. Upgrade responsibly.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Meh, the GTX 985 is sooooo yesterday. I just upgraded to three GTX 990. I can run Crysis 3 with 2 FPS more then before. totaly worth the 3k bucks.

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
Awww. I was expecting a "There are somethings money can't buy. For everything else there's MasterCard" parody... still good... I guess ;P

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Not sure which is worse... the people who do this with PC parts or the people who need the newest smartphone model every time they come out with a new one.

Brainwreck

Dec 2, 2012
So apparently Walter White is now selling PCs... and cutting them with drugs.
That somehow actually makes sense in my head.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
Comic itself is not all that funny because it holds no real relevance to how often PC gamers actually upgrade...and the fact that most of us consult benchmarks before we shop so we don't have to ask retarded questions like "IS IT FASTER?". I don't think I've heard any self-respecting PC gamer ask that question actually, not since the invention of Google.

But the facial expressions are HILARIOUS (especially the talk-dirty-to-me face and the last one), so I'll give this one a pass based purely on that :)

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
CorvusFerreum said:
Meh, the GTX 985 is sooooo yesterday. I just upgraded to three GTX 990. I can run Crysis 3 with 2 FPS more then before. totaly worth the 3k bucks.
GTX 990? That unstable piece of garbage?

I'll just wait for 995

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I've been using a GeForce GTS 240 for almost three years and I can run the latest games smoothly with high settings (on a 1600x900 resolution). I might get a new graphics card next year, and it probably won't be the most advanced and expensive one out there.

PC gamers don't have to upgrade as often as console gamers would like to think.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
I can relate to that feeling of having to buy the newest and shiniest, though to be truthful it turns more into a game of gauging components than a prebuilt computer vs another one. I don't think I'd even consider buying a prebuilt machine unless I was really low on time and didn't have a weekend open to build a new PC.

I'd really like to upgrade to a radeon 7970 from my radeon 6950, though. Skyrim with high rez textures must run at 60 fps damn it!

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
Aaron Sylvester said:
Comic itself is not all that funny because it holds no real relevance to how often PC gamers actually upgrade...and the fact that most of us consult benchmarks before we shop so we don't have to ask retarded questions like "IS IT FAST?". I don't think I've heard any self-respecting PC gamer ask that question actually, not since the invention of Google.
You're obviously completely mistaken. This comic exactly dictates how members of the PC master race (like myself) act when looking to buy new components. There's just no possible way this comic exaggerates for the sake of funnies at all.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
lancar said:
You're obviously completely mistaken. This comic exactly dictates how members of the PC master race (like myself) act when looking to buy new components. There's just no possible way this comic exaggerates for the sake of funnies at all.
I'm fine with exaggeration when it at least holds a hint of truth and exaggerates in the right direction.

If the comic exaggerated someone asking "by how much % is it faster?", etc then it would've at least shown that the comic writer has a vague clue as to how PC gamers shop around when it's time to upgrade.

The equivalent of this would be showing a "console retard" who is struggling to put the disc into his console, or can't figure out where the power button is. Hilarious.