People are bitching way too much about the XBONE

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
I get that the console is bad and it should feel bad, Im not going to buy one either but to see things like this:

Eh...

I guess this is more of a problem of having what resembles to kids running a game journalism website but this kind of notion is just everywhere. If the console itself worked like the PS4 would the XBONE lineup look as bad as people claim it to be? The lineup as it is now even looks better then the PS4 lineup (I dont really care much for either of them though, the multiplatform titles is where the good games are)

This is a list of the exclusives, first the PS4:
1-Deep Down
2-Drive Club
3-Knack
4-The Order: 1886
5-Killzone: Shadow Fall
6-Infamous: Second Son

Now for the XBONE:
1-Ryse
2-Quantum Break
3-D4
4-Sunset Overdrive
5-Crimson Dragon
6-Project Spark
7-Dead Rising 3
8-Forza Motorsport 5
9-Halo
10-Killer Instinct
11-Untitled Black Studios Game
12-Fantasia: Music Evolved
13-Kinect Sports Rivals

Really, Gamespot? Unispired? Sure, it isnt amazing but comparing to the competition it is actually quite varied and interesting.

What I want to say is that people are starting to complain about things that arent all that valid, complain all you want about the system and how it handles the used games but to complain that their presentation was bad when all they did was show game after game (what I assumed was what we like to see in those presentations) is really narrow minded.

It just looks like people jumped in the bandwagon and just kept their eyes closed for the rest of the ride while the driver kept preaching about how the XBONE is a product of hell.

I want people to use logic and be able to seperate one thing from another (quality of a game =/= quality of a system) instead of just sticking with the first common opinion neglecting the idea of anything positive related to it.

CaptQuakers

Feb 14, 2011
I actually agree, It seems people have made their minds up and don't care what Microsoft do now.

The thing that gets me is that people are letting Sony get away with things they destroyed Microsoft for

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'm not super thrilled with either line-up to be completely honest, but I would say that I think I prefer PS4's over Xbone's.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Fappy said:
I'm not super thrilled with either line-up to be completely honest, but I would say that I think I prefer PS4's over Xbone's.
Well, yeah, nothing wrong with that (opinions and tastes). Its mostly the way that one is completely dismissed and the other praised on the internet that bugs me.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
josemlopes said:
I want people to use logic and be able to seperate one thing from another (quality of a game =/= quality of a system) instead of just sticking with the first common opinion neglecting the idea of anything positive related to it.
Nope, that is asking too much. If something is shit it must be completely shit, through and through. No juicy nuggets of corn.

And while what you say is true, perhaps the games shouldn't be drowned with the Xbone, I can't find myself feeling bad about it. Actually, I can, as I would expect better than populist pandering from any place that supposes to promote journalism of any kind. Silly me with my high expectation.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
I do think the Xbone lineup was pretty lackluster. I'm more interested in how Sony is going to treat the indie scene, not to mention a good chunk of games will be on PS4 anyways.

So, yeah, I'm still more interested in the PS4 line-up.

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
well its fairly transparent microsoft is going to backpedal HARDCORE and try to give us reasons to accept their big brother-motron, and it actually inspiring to see people not let them. in this one rare instance, i fully support everyone sticking to their first impression regardless of how much information is released down the line, because they have pulled back the curtain and shown us that nothing they do is for the customer's benefit. we have ourselves an opportunity to send the idea that we are nothing but money-dispensing magpies to be bent over and abused with impunity burning to the ground, and if you let some shiny games tempt you away from that pursuit, youre only proving the idea right.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
When DRM doesn't let you play a game it doesn't matter how good it is. I've learned my lesson with Steam. I'm going to use my precognition powers that says the PS4 will have more JRPG exclusives later one and that's my favorite genre.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
josemlopes said:
I get that the console is bad and it should feel bad, Im not going to buy one either but to see things like this:

Eh...

I guess this is more of a problem of having what resembles to kids running a game journalism website but this kind of notion is just everywhere. If the console itself worked like the PS4 would the XBONE lineup look as bad as people claim it to be? The lineup as it is now even looks better then the PS4 lineup (I dont really care much for either of them though, the multiplatform titles is where the good games are)

This is a list of the exclusives, first the PS4:
1-Deep Down
2-Drive Club
3-Knack
4-The Order: 1886
5-Killzone: Shadow Fall
6-Infamous: Second Son

Now for the XBONE:
1-Ryse
2-Quantum Break
3-D4
4-Sunset Overdrive
5-Crimson Dragon
6-Project Spark
7-Dead Rising 3
8-Forza Motorsport 5
9-Halo
10-Killer Instinct
11-Untitled Black Studios Game
12-Fantasia: Music Evolved
13-Kinect Sports Rivals

Really, Gamespot? Unispired? Sure, it isnt amazing but comparing to the competition it is actually quite varied and interesting.

What I want to say is that people are starting to complain about things that arent all that valid, complain all you want about the system and how it handles the used games but to complain that their presentation was bad when all they did was show game after game (what I assumed was what we like to see in those presentations) is really narrow minded.

It just looks like people jumped in the bandwagon and just kept their eyes closed for the rest of the ride while the driver kept preaching about how the XBONE is a product of hell.

I can see why people are bitching about the XBone, it represents what we as gamers all hate about corporate control over "our" property that we choose to do with or use how we see fit once its in our hands so long as we dont violate any laws. Sony did a great job separating itself from Microsoft with the exception of their subscription service that is requred for multiplayer. As far as backwards compatability yes i am disappointed but as plenty of developers pointed out at the time of the PS3 launch that the infrastructure was complicated code software to run on their hardware so i can understand why disks designed for ps3's hardware could not simply be emulated with software very effectively other than that sony knew what customers didnt want and capitalized on ms power grab.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
For me I did think the Xbox One line up was a little better which makes me a little sad because I just can't bring myself to support a console that is so restrictive. Even FFXV and KHIII are going to the Xbox One.

80sboy

May 23, 2013
Actually, KH3 and FF15 are coming to the Xbone also. Still, Titanfall and that Quantum whatever wasn't that impressive anyways. Neither was that QTE riddled GoW game that looked as bland as wet tissue paper. Still not enough PS4 exclusives to really seal the deal. Killzone is crap, Infamous is meh, and the only thing that sorta got my interest was the Dishonored game with warewolves. Sony didn't win because of the games, they won because they *****-slapped Microsoft silly. Then again I did like a lot of those indie titles...hmmm?

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Frotality said:
well its fairly transparent microsoft is going to backpedal HARDCORE and try to give us reasons to accept their big brother-motron, and it actually inspiring to see people not let them. in this one rare instance, i fully support everyone sticking to their first impression regardless of how much information is released down the line, because they have pulled back the curtain and shown us that nothing they do is for the customer's benefit. we have ourselves an opportunity to send the idea that we are nothing but money-dispensing magpies to be bent over and abused with impunity burning to the ground, and if you let some shiny games tempt you away from that pursuit, youre only proving the idea right.
Im not saying that just because I think they have better exclusives Im going to consider buying it now, you know that in 2 or 3 years both consoles will have games that will shit entirely on these ones and I think that I can live without experiencing some of them. What Im talking is about some unfair opinion entirely based on unrelated factors.

Its like you are in high-school and you are a friend of a retarded kid, no one will pay attention to you because of your friend no matter what you have to say, yet if another guy says the same as you everyone will listen to it.

You now have to pay for the multiplayer on the PS4 and everyone just went "lol, who cares, Microsoft sucks", thats not the reaction that people should have had but since its so cool to hate Microsoft no one gave a shit.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
I disagree. I don't think people are bitching ENOUGH about the Xbone.

I boggled my mind the number of people who willing to just "accept" this new xbone console and what MS is doing with it without a single care to what the problems are with it.

These are the same people who are gonna be posting complaints about not being able to play a new game when they move to a new home as well. And I'll say to them "fucking TOLD you and you wouldn't listen".

dreadedcandiru99

Apr 13, 2009
I think people should ***** even louder about the Xbone, and not because of the lineup. The Xbone could be offering the greatest video games the world had ever seen, and the lineup would still be completely irrelevant compared to all the draconian anti-consumer bullshit Microsoft thinks it can get away with: the online authentication, the mandatory corporate webcam in your living room, the attacks on the very concept of owning the things you paid for. Any one of those three things would be enough of a reason to *****, but all three put together?

For the good of gaming, the Xbone needs to fail. It needs to fail hard. It needs to go down in flames, and it needs to serve as a cautionary tale for any other companies out there who'd like to pull this kind of nonsense.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
No people need to keep bitching until Microsoft actually scrap it and introduce a decent console I am not going to condemn the games entirely for Xbones mistakes because some do look genuinely interesting but when its on such a bad system I will never get to play them so I suppose thats even more annoying.

I am not going to bend over backwards and pay to be buggered with with Kinect and tied up with DRM I just aint into that shit. I believe the Xbone should fail because of its anti consumer stance and if you are stupid or unlucky enough to back it with exclusives and get into bed with them you should expect some of the shit to rub off on you.

Also I am pissed with how they are handling Killer Instinct. Being purely objective I would say the Xbone has the slightly better exclusives but only just neither exactly set my world on fire.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i won't jump on the bandwagon but they have made mistakes that will and have bit them in the ass. launch titles mean nothing when you screw up

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
The reasons that people are bitching at the Xbone isn't anything to do with the line-up though. Their problems are with the anti-consumer stance that Microsoft seems to have taken, at least in comparison to Sony.

I'll say this, a fair amount of the Xbox One games did interest me (although I am mightily disheartened at the direction Dead Rising seems to have taken), but so did a lot of the PS4 games and it's coming out £80 cheaper, without stupid restrictions on what I can and can't do with the games. Therefore, at the moment at least, it's definitely PS4 first, and maybe an Xbox One later down the line.

CaptQuakers

Feb 14, 2011
People are going to have to put up with DRM because there are too many greedy people in the world who won't pay for games, We should just be glad we aren't getting more DRM. When a company has a way to stop piracy they would be stupid not to do so. Yeah it isn't ideal but how would you feel about people stealing your stuff that you worked hard on time after time ? Would you let them continue or would you try and stop them ?

As for the used games I would love to see used games be banned all together and both consoles to use a steam style discount system. But I have never been a fan of used games.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Microsoft and Sony are both serving us shit sandwiches. The difference is that Microsoft is serving us big runny donkey turds on storebrand white bread, while Sony is using fresh artisanal ciabatta rolls, heirloom tomato, fresh lettuce, applewood bacon, chipotle mayo, and just a thin layer of shit.

At the end of the day, you're still eating a shit sandwich, but Sony at least put some care into it.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
You guys seem to think that what I said was:
"The line-up is better, therefore its the best console choise".

No, that is not what I said. What I said was:
"***** all you want but at least ***** about valid points, dont dismiss things that are not bad just because its assossiated with the console."