People are bitching way too much about the XBONE

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Watcheroftrends said:
Also, I hesitate to include Ryse as a release title because I can almost guarantee it will be the first "flop" on either system. Quick time events? Really?
It really was quite sad. As someone that pretty much skipped the current generation, it's kind of a jerk whenever I see modern AAA games. It just seems to be all spectacle and no substance. I get that they're trying to create something engaging, but for me it's just not very fun to play.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
Watcheroftrends said:
Also, I hesitate to include Ryse as a release title because I can almost guarantee it will be the first "flop" on either system. Quick time events? Really?
Dead Rising 3 looked like it went away from the wackyness of the series, making it also likely to fail.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I don't understand the exclusive hooplah to begin with. If I'm not going to buy an xbox one, why should I care about their exclusives? my complaints about the xbox one are fundamental. They can't produce an exclusive that will convince me to buy one.

they've already failed in my eyes. Even if everyone else turns back away, they're dead to me until this "PC without any of the benefits of a PC" bullshit goes away. They could win the next generation, and have all of their practices become commonplace. When that happens, I'll officially be done with console gaming, cause they're not consoles anymore. Consoles, to me, mean freedom.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Zenn3k said:
I disagree. I don't think people are bitching ENOUGH about the Xbone.

I boggled my mind the number of people who willing to just "accept" this new xbone console and what MS is doing with it without a single care to what the problems are with it.

These are the same people who are gonna be posting complaints about not being able to play a new game when they move to a new home as well. And I'll say to them "fucking TOLD you and you wouldn't listen".
This was my reaction to the title of the thread as well. The screenshot from Gamespot is another matter though. When demonstrating and contrasting the technical points (game line-up included), inserting opinionated adjectives is not necessary.

Gothproxy

Mar 20, 2009
I work, part-time, at a GameStop and people have been asking me this week if I'm going to buy one. Most seem surprised when I say "No". It's not because of the system itself (the insides are impressive enough) and it's not for lack of exclusive games (an impressive line up to be sure). What's causing my total lack of enthusiasm for the Xbone is Microsoft's less than stellar (ok, piss-poor) attitude towards its customers. Don Mattrick and his explaining that there is the 360 if you don't have good online, said with such disdain and near contempt on his face. One chief saying that the $100 price difference is "piddling", as if we all have money coming out of our ears. The nerve that Microsoft is going to force something on me that I don't want and never did (the Kinect that will always be on when the Xbone is on. Recording you. Watching you. Oh, and just to be clear, the $100 extra may be for the Kinect but Sony is charging $60 for their new Move camera which you don't have to get if you don't want it). AND the audacity that Microsoft thinks I need to be "educated" on the benefits of the Xbone, digital media, and checking in once a day online (at least).

I say, "No thanks, Microsoft."

You can keep your "education" and your poor attitude towards consumers. I'm switching over to Sony now.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Father Time said:
McMarbles said:
Microsoft and Sony are both serving us shit sandwiches. The difference is that Microsoft is serving us big runny donkey turds on storebrand white bread, while Sony is using fresh artisanal ciabatta rolls, heirloom tomato, fresh lettuce, applewood bacon, chipotle mayo, and just a thin layer of shit.

At the end of the day, you're still eating a shit sandwich, but Sony at least put some care into it.
PS4 is shit because of what? Some social features that are entirely optional?
They're charging for online play. They've never done this until now. It may be a necessary evil, but I don't have to like it.