people drive person to suicide for not drawing characters right.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
cleric of the order said:
This isn't a criticism, and I'm not even sure you're aware you're doing it, but this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Even the deprecation is self-congratulatory. Everything you're saying is an argument for why 4Chan is awesome and Tumblr is shite.

As I don't subscribe to these ridiculous website slap and tickle wars, I don't have an opinion either way. All I'm saying is I'm constantly getting 4Chan users proselytizing about why their website is The Best, and I've never heard from ANYONE who even IDENTIFIES as a "Tumblrite". I wouldn't even know such a person existed if the Channers and Redditors and Imgurites and Escapists could ever shut up about them.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
UniversalAC said:
You're a random collection of people with no unifying principles that aren't post hoc. Please stop preaching.
God that's actually somewhat funny in retrospect, sleep dep is onhellava drug.
Still as far as I understand ain't my problem.
Ain't 4chan's either.

BloatedGuppy said:
This isn't a criticism, and I'm not even sure you're aware you're doing it, but this is exactly what I'm talking about.
you responded to me, I responded to you.
You said that this was your preservative as someone from the outside so i gave an insider's perspective.
But the attribution of bias I believe to me seems a bit unfair.
or at least that's what I was trying to scrub free when i mentioned quite blatantly our social problems
that isn't a good thing, that isn't an untrue thing and that isn't some wink wink bad thing either.
Someone or many people actually said that 4chan is the most autistic place on the internet and that's fucking true
it has some fucked up people, and not just in the sociopathic sections.
It has some serious social untouchables from racists to flat out neonazis
The mods are fucked, we have datamining problems and the like.
I understand if you think my general disdain for tumblr is me pushing out great 4chan is but seriously. I hate Tumblr more than 4chan, I dislike 4chan as a rule of thumb, i left that pile of autism

Even the deprecation is self-congratulatory. Everything you're saying is an argument for why 4Chan is awesome and Tumblr is shite.
No it isn't again I seriously meant there is some fucked up shit here.
We have some pretty fucking weird shit.

All I'm saying is I'm constantly getting 4Chan users proselytizing about why their website is The Best, and I've never heard from ANYONE who even IDENTIFIES as a "Tumblrite".
And I don't go to reddit or imgur.
I wouldn't even know such a person existed if the Channers and Redditors and Imgurites and Escapists could ever shut up about them.
I disagree there will always be a term for a community
though i think there is a kernel of truth there.
they would likely just filed under the social justice blanket term because in all honesty that's what the term is meant to be more or less.
But the breed of JS community there is different.
you see otherkin and the like there so in the very least you will have to have some name for that species.
UniversalAC said:
They need some excuse for their bad behavior, some totem for their lack of a cause.
I'd like to see more of that logic there friend

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
TakerFoxx said:
DizzyChuggernaut said:
I love how people assume that Tumblr as a website is "a problem" yet when people shit on 4chan the response is "omg it's only /b/ and /pol/ that are bad!" Please.
Just hypothesizing, but it's probably because the 4chan mob freely admits to being a bunch of assholes, whereas the tumblr equivalent keeps trying to claim to be on the side of good. Not justifying /b's actions in the slightest, but moral hypocrisy does tend to rile people up more than being a dick for the sake of being a dick.
If that's all there is to it, then the SJW witch hunters are really getting hung up on trivial matters.

OT: Great. Just great. Someone nearly killed themselves and we're turning it into an SJW matter. For. FUCK'S! SAKE! Yes, some people take criticism of the depiction of women, ethnic minorities and sexual minorities way too far, there I said it, are you happy now? This is a universal problem though. MRA activists do it, Republicans do it, Liberals do it, everyone who is an asshole about how great they think they opinion is does it, gamers do it (No one would EVER suggest that gamers bullying someone and telling them to commit suicide was a sign of problems with gamers, oh no, NEVER!) because it's a problem with online culture and human beings generally sucking. We have a lack of empathy towards others online and demonize people who disagree with us.

Focusing on Social Justice right now is completely and utterly missing the fucking point.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
9tailedflame said:
Tumblr (or more fairly i suppose, the SJW side of tumblr) meanwhile, is the internet cultural equivalent of the third reich.
Do they advocate for mass genocide? Do they advocate for one master race? No, they don't. And please. Show me the extermination of the straight white male that's being talked about seriously in massive amounts of numbers. Because most people don't advocate for extermination that results in the extinction of the human race. Oh, also, hundreds of thousands of feminists on Tumblr noted this post that calls out misandry. I doubt you ever looked for anything like that because you made up your mind that Tumblr feminists hated men.

http://kitkatinahat.tumblr.com/post/98452472514/ero-miki-putting-down-confident-girls-is-not

And this one

http://kitkatinahat.tumblr.com/post/89739085499/sameatschildren-co8alt-thief

I know people like to play Godwin's law to stereotype people they disagree with into faceless monsters, but reality is never, nor will it ever be, that simple.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Lightspeaker said:
So today I learned from the internet that having depression is considered being insane. Cool.

Somehow I don't think you're an actually qualified psychologist though. Because you don't seem to have a clue what you're talking about.
Well, i have/had depression too and maybe callin' it "not mentally sane" is a tad harsh but it's definitly "mentally ill". Jeah, there are stupid stigmata attached to havin' psychological problems but sugar-coating it won't help either.
If you've depressions, you're a mentally/psychological ill person.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
UniversalAC said:
Trolling has always been the same, you probably just grew up.
Nope, trolling is trolling, and harassment is harassment. Trolling was about cunning and thread terrorism. It was leading to rage, not depression. Mostly trolling was creating some funny discussions on controversial topics. This case has nothing to do with trolling. Trolling requires wit. This -whether it actually led to suicide or not - was a collective attack on a person which was made possible by implanting false ideals into people's heads which conrain to few brainmass to comprehend those ideals are false.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Adeptus Aspartem said:
Lightspeaker said:
So today I learned from the internet that having depression is considered being insane. Cool.

Somehow I don't think you're an actually qualified psychologist though. Because you don't seem to have a clue what you're talking about.
Well, i have/had depression too and maybe callin' it "not mentally sane" is a tad harsh but it's definitly "mentally ill". Jeah, there are stupid stigmata attached to havin' psychological problems but sugar-coating it won't help either.
If you've depressions, you're a mentally/psychological ill person.
Mental illness (which it is) is not the same thing as sanity (which is an entirely separate thing). This is something I know from reading psychology papers on the subject after being diagnosed with clinical depression myself a few years ago and having to take three months out of my work for therapy.

Its actually quite an important distinction to make, legally speaking.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
UniversalAC said:
Your endless rambling defense and propagandizing says otherwise.
Rambling and otherwise being a blithering moron is par for the course with me
In fact it is one of my key defining traits, you find it everywhere with me.
And I did leave 4chan, you know this went to 8chan.
And while there are a lot of fucking things that make me upset about the website i believe you fellows are not giving it a fair shake.
The propagandizing seems a bit weird, having gone over my old posts i think you have to point that out.
I have problems understanding how people take my statements and as far as I understand this is untrue.
I mean I stated 4chan was filling with sjws.
I some of my arguments included with these websites being largely the same their differentiation being their medium

It's no more complex than the subject.
well I'm a simple man man and a slow one too
please if you wish to spell it out for me that would great.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
UniversalAC said:
"to few brainmass". Ok.

With that in mind, I really don't care about the "hastily assembled internet philosophy" of trolling, anymore than I care about those of pirates. It's all post hoc crap anyway, just the way that people try to rationalize varying degrees of antisocial behavior. "I'm not harassing, I'm trolling, I'm an artist!"

Yeah, whatever you say Picasso.
See you can troll people without ever meeting them or interacting with them but through use of software in games and otherwise.
Does that make it harassment to troll in this manner.
Because in that case, creating a game in a way to frustrate through trolling tactics is harassment or

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
UniversalAC said:
Rastrelly said:
UniversalAC said:
Trolling has always been the same, you probably just grew up.
Nope, trolling is trolling, and harassment is harassment. Trolling was about cunning and thread terrorism. It was leading to rage, not depression. Mostly trolling was creating some funny discussions on controversial topics. This case has nothing to do with trolling. Trolling requires wit. This -whether it actually led to suicide or not - was a collective attack on a person which was made possible by implanting false ideals into people's heads which conrain to few brainmass to comprehend those ideals are false.
"to few brainmass". Ok.

With that in mind, I really don't care about the "hastily assembled internet philosophy" of trolling, anymore than I care about those of pirates. It's all post hoc crap anyway, just the way that people try to rationalize varying degrees of antisocial behavior. "I'm not harassing, I'm trolling, I'm an artist!"

Yeah, whatever you say Picasso.
Indeed, whatever I say. You see, there are such things as "terms" and "definitions" you should familiarise yourself with. The term "trolling" has a strict and rather limiting definition. While it can be harmful, it is rarely able to be traumatic, because it is supposed to cause visible reaction for trolls amusement, not force a certain person into certain emotional state. If you are unaware of that - it's yours trouble.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Rastrelly said:
because it is supposed to cause visible reaction for trolls amusement, not force a certain person into certain emotional state
Um...why are these two supposed to be different? Also, why do you think they can never be the same? Are you familiar with the phrase "U mad, bro?", because that's been associated with trolling for a long time now. Yes, this is what the troll would say to a victim. And "being mad" is an emotional state - one that can be amusing to the troll. Any emotional state could be amusing to the troll, depending on what they are after. Heck, in fact, you pretty much cannot get a reaction out of a person without them being in a certain emotional state. Trolling is "forcing an emotional state" pretty much by definition.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
tf2godz said:
No one seems be talking about this but I think it's the lowest a fan base of anything has ever gotten

http://zamii070.tumblr.com/post/131577217912/im-going-to-sleep-forever-im-sorry-everyone-im

These tweets going into it a little bit more
https://twitter.com/GatorMusicInc/status/657422111896637440
https://twitter.com/GatorMusicInc/status/657447554829938688
https://twitter.com/GatorMusicInc/status/657445170976333824
https://twitter.com/GatorMusicInc/status/657454081703854080

I don't want this to turn into a sjw Bloodbath, It seems that fact seems up in the air on how much that had to do with it right now. what I want to talk about is this the point that our Internet culture has gone to? You draw a character a certain way, you get harassed to hell and the people who harassed you have the balls to say you deserved it when you commit suicide.

so what are your thoughts.
Did someone actually die or are we trusting a random twitter user who says "proof is key" then relies on a single, vague tumblr post to confirm that someone died because of SJW bullies?

Really, this thread is just another in a long line that makes me glad I'm not a mod. Because if I was, I'd shut down every single thread that uses tweets as proof of anything in the OP, and probably ban repeat offenders.

STOP USING TWITTER AS PROOF OF ANYTHING

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
DoPo said:
Rastrelly said:
because it is supposed to cause visible reaction for trolls amusement, not force a certain person into certain emotional state
Um...why are these two supposed to be different? Also, why do you think they can never be the same? Are you familiar with the phrase "U mad, bro?", because that's been associated with trolling for a long time now. Yes, this is what the troll would say to a victim. And "being mad" is an emotional state - one that can be amusing to the troll. Any emotional state could be amusing to the troll, depending on what they are after. Heck, in fact, you pretty much cannot get a reaction out of a person without them being in a certain emotional state. Trolling is "forcing an emotional state" pretty much by definition.
Yes, but trolling is not supposed to be used as a harassment tool. Nowadays the term is basically turned into something almost pointless because some people prefer to call harassers, bullies or even simple idiots; same happened to the "meme" term, which almost lost any meaning at all. In this situation it is useful to stick to origins, and by those troll is simply a provoker who creates controversial situation within current discussion in order to change its direction, nothing more. As soon as "troll" starts harassment, he loses the status of troll and becomes - SUDDENLY - a simple bully.

UniversalAC said:
Terms and definitions, oh my! Fetch my the OED young lad, and lets... oh right, there are no formal definitions. Want to try again?
Boom! Headshot. I'm sooo wrong! There are no ways to get a definition but that omniscient Oxford dictionary! My Gawd! I'm so devastated! Please, someone, bring me an ambulance! So sarcastic! So smart! So mature! I can't stand it!