Pepsi Will Soon Make All Bottles from Plants

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
The only way they can be decent to the environment is if they package their drink mostly in glass or something easier to reuse. Plastics as a whole just aren't environment friendly. Well, unless you released a shit load of plastic eating bacteria. Though, that would be a disaster in its own way.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Good.

I mean, plastics only account for a relatively small percentage of petroleum usage... It's not really going to make a dent in fossil fuel usage, but it's always a good thing to be producing more bio-degradable waste and less NON-bio-degradable waste.

Also, I'm glad to hear that these can be made from food waste. This is the big issue I have with biodiesel; it shouldn't be made from viable food stock. If they could make it from switchgrass or algae, then it would be viable, but as it stands, it's just not a good idea to make food into gasoline or plastic or whatever.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
It's nice and all, but if it's not biodegradable then I don't see the point in it.
On a way less serious note, they're made of plants?! So if I plant one in my backyard, can I grow a Pepsi Tree? ^_^ I don't really like Pepsi, but beggars can't be choosers :p